What are you going to get while you wait?

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You can get $30 bucks off your reservation deposit at the present time. I would put down a deposit right now if there was any chance you will end up buying an aptera. If you got in now it would still be a year or more before you got yours. I have a deposit on a CT and an Aptera. My aptera will be here in late 2022. The CT somewhat later;)

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
With the 400 mile Rivian getting delayed to 2023 I don't think their is going to be any vehicle that sufficiently meets my cargo, size and range needs before the CT.

Both of my reservations are under 10,000 so I am hoping the wait isn't too long into 2023 before we start seeing them come out of Austin

:(
im at 46k right behind you

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can get $30 bucks off your reservation deposit at the present time. I would put down a deposit right now if there was any chance you will end up buying an aptera. If you got in now it would still be a year or more before you got yours. I have a deposit on a CT and an Aptera. My aptera will be here in late 2022. The CT somewhat later;)
somewhat = 202?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Ayup. Link in my sig.

Tho my Aptera reservation is somewhere around above three thousand so I don't expect it this year.

-Crissa

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Like clockwork... My Jeep's transmission went up last night.

Pretty good though. First breakdown ever and I have an extended Mopar warranty. Lets see if it pays for itself this week.

Last edited:

AndrewB

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT-Tri Res, V10 Excursion, Victory Tour, Prius
Occupation
IT support, Development and Sys Admin
Country flag
Getting a Model Y and keeping my Excursion for towing until the CT is here.

Aces-Truck

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Prius
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I can hold off a few more years for an EV. We are a 2 Prius household. And my wife's a 2010 with 87k miles. But after I get CT, she isn't likely to drive it. She is going to get a MY. But since we still need to get our garage built, she is not ordering one (yet).

So there's two reasons to hate me: drive Prius or ordering a MY before any of us get our CT. Take your pick....

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I can hold off a few more years for an EV. We are a 2 Prius household. And my wife's a 2010 with 87k miles. But after I get CT, she isn't likely to drive it. She is going to get a MY. But since we still need to get our garage built, she is not ordering one (yet).

So there's two reasons to hate me: drive Prius or ordering a MY before any of us get our CT. Take your pick....

No one here is too good for a Model Y.

That Prius tho'. . . Ew.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

If you were buying a new Prius *today* I might point and laugh a bit, but I won’t waste energy hating on anyone… well except that guy with the beater truck with straight pikes next door I do hate that redneck bastard.

But 10 years ago the Prius was about as green as cars got. Keeping your existing fuel efficient car is likely as environmentally friendly as buying a new Tesla.

But once you get one Tesla… you are going to want another. And slumming it is going to suck.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
Now that we know we won't be getting a cybertruck for a few more years, (I'm about 70,000, so maybe late 2023?). What are you planning to get to hold you until then?

I've currently got a 2012 Tacoma and need to do something soon so I'm super curious to hear what you plans are.
Now that we know? Are you serious? Have you not been paying attention? The better question would be, what were your plans to hold you over 4-6 years if you placed a preorder the night of the CT unveiling?

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag

We all have our skeletons. Some are just more embarrassing than others.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Now that we know? Are you serious? Have you not been paying attention? The better question would be, what were your plans to hold you over 4-6 years if you placed a preorder the night of the CT unveiling?
Sounds like their plan was to wait until their Tacoma was ten years old, which is sometime around now, when the Cybertruck was supposed to be released.

My Mazda 3 is a 2013, so I have another year before it turns ten ^-^

-Crissa

A Prius is a good standard car. Not all of them are slugs or boulders, that'a just who buys them. Sometimes you just need to get some place ^-^
Sponsored