What are you going to get while you wait?

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
The transmission in my Jeep died a few weeks ago and the supply chain is killing me. They hope to have the new transmission in 2 more weeks.

I'm sooooooo tempted to trade it for a Model Y Performance and then trade that for the CT when the time comes. My jeep won't be worth more than it is right now. I think the automatic trade is $35k for it.

The thing is that I don't want to go a year (or more) without the ability to off-road just a little.
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The transmission in my Jeep died a few weeks ago and the supply chain is killing me. They hope to have the new transmission in 2 more weeks.

I'm sooooooo tempted to trade it for a Model Y Performance and then trade that for the CT when the time comes. My jeep won't be worth more than it is right now. I think the automatic trade is $35k for it.

The thing is that I don't want to go a year (or more) without the ability to off-road just a little.
You need to get the Model Y, and add on that lift kit and off-road tires.

I think it would be rad. Should have done it to mine 6 months ago!

Vegetaban

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future CT AWD
Occupation
Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance
Country flag
If gas keeps going up I’ll get a model y to hold me over and sell my maxima.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
I could have sworn I responded to this thread once before to say that I had a 2012 LEAF that I was determined to hold on to till CT arrives, but I have been getting a bit impatient lately, and the LEAF hasn't been doing so well with the commute in -25C forcing me to buy electrons at probably the highest prices for L2 charging in North America to top up at work so I don't have a stressful drive home.

I'm not kidding, the L2 station at my office has $1.50 connection fee and $1.50/hour for the first 3 hours then it goes up to $4/hour. ...sure I only need about 30mins to be quite comfortable on the ride home, but one morning I connected on arrival and forgot about it all day. That was a $26 charging bill! That car only costs about that much per month usually.

Anyway, it is time to trade up, and when trading up I wanted to get something that fit our needs for a larger vehicle than the Chevy Volt. Hence, I am now (well as of Saturday I guess) going to be the proud owner of a 2015 Model S 85D in Multi-coat Red. That ought to hold off the longing for a nicer ride for a while. :)

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Toyota Tundra Hybrid. My Taco is WAY long in the tooth at this point. Ain't babied and sleeps outside day/night here in Central Texas.... and continue to wait for the CT and the Aptera to appear.
So... the above didn't quite work out. I was hopeful Toyota was going to implement similar power-on-board options as Ford did, given they are basically using the same engine/inverters in their Tundra and F-150 trucks... with the reveal of the '22 Tundra, that didn't materialize. I wanted to go with a Toyota (still made in Texas) based on how great the Tacoma was for us over 12 years. Basically one battery, one set of tires, oil/filters, wiper blades and gas... it was bulletproof!

Anyway, ordered a F-150 Powerboost, but that was going to take forever given the backlog and on-going chip shortage. Continued to look at Dealers in the area and found a couple of King Ranch spec'd PB trucks nearby one day last week. This had everything (and more) that I wanted. Especially the 7.2 kW Pro-Power On-Board with the inverter that I can both charge my wife's Tesla from in an emergency and even more importantly back-up the power into my house next time we have drama.

More chrome than I'd like, but given everything else it has, it's a easy thing to look beyond.
Tesla Cybertruck What are you going to get while you wait? A014C7A4-6AE2-4DA6-94C9-D05F482A6624.JPG

Gone but not forgotten...
Tesla Cybertruck What are you going to get while you wait? B9E7251B-C327-41FE-B359-9EEEC26EBDB8.JPG

I have to say, the Blue Cruise is impressive. The Hands Free is completely hands free. As in don't touch the wheel or it will kick it off based on your hands inducing torque. The sensors in the cabin ensure you are paying attention and really work. They even can tell when you aren't watching the road when you have sunglasses on our are checking out your phone. No time out like Tesla implements though, it just turns off until you play nice once again and resets. I even like the implementation of their adaptive cruise control better than Tesla's AP. It is much more smooth and a lot less random weird acts that have either you or the car freaking out. No auto lane changing yet, but that is promised in a few weeks. It also does a pretty good job in stop/go traffic based on my having to run to the airport here today and using it on both I-35 and US-183.
Tesla Cybertruck What are you going to get while you wait? 1B2A64BD-EDB8-4778-9216-8706E91A48CD.JPG

The EPA of 24 MPG for a truck this size/weight also isn't bad. I am averaging about 23 MPG with about 700 miles on so far (It was the dealership's owners car since it was delivered in December, so we got it with just over 2,000 miles on it, sold as new since it hadn't been titled, full warranty, etc.). It definitely took a hit with the cold weather we've had here this past week. Ultimately, no idea what I am going to do when the CT and Apteras launch now...

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Want.

Tesla Cybertruck What are you going to get while you wait? 1645939768768

They are supposed to be coming to the US.

Nowhere to park it under cover.

Don’t have $46k burning a hole in my pocket.

Otherwise I’d buy one even though they are ICE. Maybe by the time they get electrified I’ll solve the my 2 problems.

https://www.morgan-motor.com/super-3-news/

xodarap1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Encore, Nissan Sentra, >>> Cybertruck TM
Occupation
Security
Country flag
Now that we know we won't be getting a cybertruck for a few more years, (I'm about 70,000, so maybe late 2023?). What are you planning to get to hold you until then?

I've currently got a 2012 Tacoma and need to do something soon so I'm super curious to hear what you plans are.
More shares ;-)
Sponsored