What Can A Cybertruck NOT Do?

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
There are many posts about what the CT can do, like go camping, load up most anything, out accelerate a Porsche, etc. But is there anything a Cybertruck CANNOT do?

I'll start:

Park in a Compact Stall :cool:
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Charge itself from solar cells in the toneau. I mention that again here because people just don't seem to want to accept that fact. I've just been reviewing last winter's solar production. Going through all the figures I calculate that last winter my system produced 104 - 150 (depending on whether I estimate CT consumption at 500 or 350 Wh/mi) miles of CT range per panel over a 111 day period in Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb. That's 1.34 miles per day per (3.3 X 5.2 feet) panel at 350 Wh/mi. Thus with 10 of these panels I'd get 13.4 less 10 (phantom drain) for a net of 3.4. These are real numbers brought about through the realities of panel orientation, weather, and sun declination in the winter months.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
What you mean is "pull a 10,000 lbs trailer as far as I'd like it too" which isn't very informative unless you tell us how far you'd like it too i.e. what you consider reasonable.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
While you can certainly come up with scenarios in which you could get less than 120 mi (drive fast uphill into a windstorm on a road covered with 2 inches of wet snow) I certainly think 120 miles ought to be doable under ordinary circumstances.

Although you will not know exactly what will happen until the trailer in question is hooked to a CT and driven under the conditions of interest you can get a rough idea of what will happen when you hook the trailer to a CT from the way it behaves with your ICE vehicle. If you go from 18 mpg to 9 mpg in your truck you will lose about the same amount with the CT (i.e. half your range). Attempts to come up with better estimates generally assue loss of 1/2 to 2/3 of the no trailer range. 120 mi is 24% of 500 mi.

Last edited: