What concept cars would you skip CT for?

Michael Kenner

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y, 1993 Toyota PU
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
All fantasies aside, the VW Electric Scout is something that will probably be on the road before the CT. It will even fit in my garage......

I'm so tired of waiting, tired of Musk and his devoting so much time to Twitter. Why not pay a little more attention to just building great EV's??

How about "Smart Glass" windows on ALL TESLAS?? The windows could go opaque when the vehicle locks and stay clear when in "dog mode".... or maybe just a simple pull-down strap on the center armrest for the back seat of my Model Y? or how about a handle above the passenger window like other upscale cars have? There so much tweaking to do on the whole product line!
Sponsored

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Bollinger B1. Hands down a much more utilitarian truck. I am excited their new partnership may actually result in them producing the truck.

OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
All fantasies aside, the VW Electric Scout is something that will probably be on the road before the CT. It will even fit in my garage......

I'm so tired of waiting, tired of Musk and his devoting so much time to Twitter. Why not pay a little more attention to just building great EV's??

How about "Smart Glass" windows on ALL TESLAS?? The windows could go opaque when the vehicle locks and stay clear when in "dog mode".... or maybe just a simple pull-down strap on the center armrest for the back seat of my Model Y? or how about a handle above the passenger window like other upscale cars have? There so much tweaking to do on the whole product line!
I feel your pain. I am sure you already knew any reservation for something that is not already in production is a crapshoot and need a backup plan. Especially for something so radically different. Just because Elon and Tesla often take on difficult challenges, it does not mean they can always solve them quickly. I think even if CT was in production today, it would take another 5 years to get it right. I think Rivian hit a home run with R1T. They were working on it for 10 years and they are still having issues to address. It is a tough business.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I don't think the Scout will beat CT to the road...If CTs aren't on the road before 2026, then there is a SERIOUS problem in the production line.
Tesla Cybertruck What concept cars would you skip CT for? Capture.JPG
Sponsored