What if your place in line cost $1000.00?

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They may have to do another stock split to cover the required S&P sales. I could see stock doubling twice before the trucks are available. Over a year is a long, long time in the stock world.
I would stump up a larger deposit if I definitely knew I could have a right hand drive version here in the U.K.
Sponsored

cam

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 motor cybertruck FSD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am ready to pay a full price in advance if tesla needs my money for Giga Austin. But I do not think it is fair to move mine in front of others just because I have enough cash in my hands.
I agree I am content to wait as not driving much now and it’s a new model let others find and fix the bugs before mine rolls off the line

cam

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 motor cybertruck FSD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Couple thoughts on this (TL;DR my answer is no)
  1. When reservations come time to convert to orders, I believe we'll see 1/3 of the list fall off
  2. The reservation list is still impacted by location, which means Texas residents will most likely see a bump in their place in line just to speed up the initial production numbers for that particular quarter.
  3. Reservation is impacted by current ownership of a $TSLA product
We'll all move up to some degree - I do not believe ~750,000 people are purchasing this out the gate.
I live close to the factory hope I will be able to take delivery there and get a factory tour

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just wish i had sunk $10,000 into tesla stock when the ct was announced and then i'd be getting it for free.
I started buying on share a month, right about the time I ordered. I intend to keep doing that until I buy, it will be my down payment. It’s not too late to start now, and the shares have been, and almost certainly will continue to go up.

cam

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 motor cybertruck FSD
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I've seen no word on how geography will affect delivery, but lots of speculation about letting non-Texans pick up their pickups in Austin.
As a Texan I will lobby my congressperson to allow Texans to take delivery the outmoded ICE dealerships are going away and should not have as much influence on the money grubbing politicians

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I would have put $1k down w/o issue. Above that too much opportunity cost vs. wait time. Let's just say that I reserved on day 2, started researching Tesla, bought a m3p Dec 28th 2019, and invested half a Tri Motor into Tesla stock.....only bright spot of 2020

DarthMuffin

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Spark EV, Cybertruck reserved
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
$1k probably, $5-10k probably not. They'd need to be at least paying interest on my money. I've been sticking the CT downpayment money into TSLA stock and it's been doing much better that way. I figure if the stock tanks THAT much that I lose it then there's probably no truck anyhow.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Model S 70D, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss, .....
Country flag
$1000? For sure, and i wish this was the deposit amount, $100 is too easy for anyone to throw their hat in their.

$5000? Probably not

$10000? definitely not, maybe if if i was buying a $200,000 vehicle.
Sponsored