What is your make-or-break Cybertruck feature?

What is your make-or-break Cybertruck feature?

• Total voters

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
What is one feature that if removed from Cybertruck would make you cancel your order?
For me it's the Stainless steel body, here in Canada cars rust from our salty roads and I just want to not care about the paint. I probably would buy even an ICE vehicle if it had a SS body/skin, all other features of the CT just make it such a more compelling package.
Sponsored

empiredown

Banned
Banned
First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Carrera T, 20 MY LR AWD, 21 F-150
Occupation
Retired and Loving It...
Country flag
Other.

Final design that is similar/same to the reveal. If they turn it into something that looks like everything else I'll probably look at everything else.

Iacemoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ram 1500 <> 1970 Chevy C10 Stepside Custom
Occupation
Drug Dealer
Country flag
1. Electric - if its not... im not in the market for a new truck. Im not paying 90 - 100k for a new vehicle period. I want nothing to do with a hybrid system.
2. FSD - I want to be able to sit in the back and have it drive me where i want to go. I know this is a call option for the future, but nobody else is even close. By the time i receive delivery (Dual Motor) it might be feature complete.
3. Stainless - my current rig is 4 years old. already have rust on the undercarriage and the frame. Body panels wont be long behind.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think 'under $50K' is actually my make or break for the Cybertruck. I mean, I'm certainly not going to buy anything that's not electric.

And what about the Supercharger network? That's apparently the #1 most common reason people cite for selecting Tesla.

-Crissa

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
I am looking for simple, tough and reliable like a anvil. Stainless construction was the main attraction and Tesla's prowess in winter conditions sold me. No interest in a stylized vehicle just plain solid abilities.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I literally just wanted an all electric pickup truck, I have been in need of a pickup for years but I don't need one everyday so it seemed like a waste using all that gas. I knew before the reveal I was reserve it.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I'm sold on it being a cool-looking, high performance, 4-door vehicle with 500+ miles of range and lots of storage for under 80k USD. If any of that changed, I would question the purchase. Fortunately, those are the things that are basically set in stone, so I feel pretty comfortable.

For years I was planning to get a Charger Hellcat, as I thought it was super cool but could accommodate my wife and 2 young kids. Over the last while I had given some thought to a truck since they offer so much more room and are great in a Canadian winter, but I'm just not a truck guy and don't like the styling of classic trucks. There was also the massive gas bill that would come with either a Hellcat or any decent performance truck. The new Ram Hellcat will get 12 miles/gallon (lol!).

I also work in green energy, and would prefer a vehicle that didn't conflict with my work image. My secret crush has been the Tesla Model S for some time, but it was a bit out of my price range even when factoring gas savings. We've had no EV credits here. When the EV credit went away, Tesla lowered prices and I started to seriously look at the Model S as it was getting into the range where I could almost make it work. I was hoping when the Plaid Model S was revealed they would also have a lesser version with a larger battery pack that would get 500+ miles and be just a bit cheaper than what they had to date. Then the Cybertruck was revealed and blew all of my hopes out of the water. Sold.

I really want an EV with 500 miles range. 400 miles enables me to do any trip that I normally make without a charge. For me 90% of any distance travel is into the city of Halifax, and I want to be able to make that trip without stopping for energy like I do with my current car. They have an easy to get to supercharger, but with crying toddlers or a tight schedule I just don't want that stop. So I've been waiting for a vehicle that can do that even when accounting for battery degradation, Canadian winters and not charging to 100%. The CT is the vehicle that crossed that barrier.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
As far as things that I think could possibly be removed that would greatly disappoint me, I would say the bulletproof steal, air suspension or that wicked cool bed cover. I expect all to be production-ready, but it would suck if they were axed for some reason.

GuitarLunatic

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor
Occupation
Customer Service
Country flag
For me it's the length of the vehicle. My RAM 1500 crew cab w/ 5'7" bed fit in my garage at 229", but just barely. The extra 3" of length might kill the deal for me.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
The retraction of the ridiculous price increase for FSD. Theres zero reason it’s worth 15-25% of the price of the truck

KendrickMB

First Name
Kendrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Trax, 2012 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
From your poll, I suppose it would be the truck being fully electric. But I don't think that's really a feature unless you're cross shopping with non-EVs.

Given that I want an EV, my next important feature would be the steel skin. It's not that I need the specific body style, but it's what the body style allows. The design of the truck is what allows higher efficiency than others large EVs. If it were a more traditional style, it would likely have less range, slower acceleration, and lack other capabilities or advantages over other EVs. Additionally, the lack of paint helps make the prices similar to the Model Y while being more capable and (apparently) highly efficient (for it's size).

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
For me, I cannot pick one thing. I love the exoskeleton design, and how it won't dent or scratch easily. I also love that as I get older, and I see my driving ability suffer for various reasons; I can rely on my CT to drive me safely to my destinations (not to mention finding ME in a very large parking lot). I really want the electric truck to lessen my carbon footprint too. My hope is that once everything goes electric, they don't hike electricity prices on us. At .28 per kwH, is about 1/2 of what I paid for gas, and that got me about 420 miles. The last thing I'm buying this for is a very high quality build. I hope to hear good things over time leading up to my own delivery. peace
Sponsored