What made you decide to buy your Cybertruck?

TCT 256004 3M

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I thought the CT with it’s Lambo looks, killer speed, long range and Tesla engineering would start at $130K. When I heard Elon state the price I just could not believe it. I immediately ordered a tri-motor. Bonus is bulletproof lol !

Tesla Cybertruck What made you decide to buy your Cybertruck? 4E420CF3-291B-41DB-92E4-6C3C512313AB
Sponsored

Rootinboy

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Country flag
I've been wanting a Tesla for years, but they never had a vehicle that suited my needs. I honestly didn't know Tesla was working on the truck. I saw the reveal and was hooked. I had to re-watch the reveal to get all the deets! I love the Lamborghini look, range, price and that it is stainless. I ordered a tri-motor, FSD. BRING IT ON!!!

Day One

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen C5, Ford Territory
Occupation
Tesla Destination
Country flag
At 72 now, in 3 years I expect the CT to be the only vehicle on the road that I can drive. Voice recognition, full self driving, autopilot.
Indestructible. That should make up for my tremor (can't use the touchscreens), and senility. Oh, and it is really long, but does that matter, as it is self-parking too? Dual motor: that should leave all the bad driver, senile oldtimers behind me.
And my shares should be worth more than enough not to miss the cost, drop a few and still keep a bundle for tradeup time. :))
So, I hit the button Christmas Day 2019.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Have a family of 5 with lots of toys and being able to lock them in my vault and drive to where ever we want to go without the terrible mileage of an ICE vehicle sounds great. When I saw I could get a vehicle that fit my needs for $39,900 I jumped at the chance. When I heard the single motor got moved from first to last in production, I kinda like that idea. Come outta the gate with the fastest, strongest, vehicle first. Build an image that creates respect and confidence in the brand. Then produce a functional reasonably priced rear wheel drive that works for most people and they'll want in. Also, the people that want the tri & dual motor trucks, seem like the ones who want to be noticed, or don't mind the attention. I'm hoping some of the attention will fade by the time I'm on the road in my Cybertruck.

Vaulted

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Firefighter / home inspector
Country flag
I also have a family of five, as my family grew my toys diminished, no more boat, no more Ducati’s, just my gmc truck (which is great). I was going to treat myself to a corvette when my alimony payments were over (10 yrs @ $1100 a month ) which ended the same month the Tesla truck was being revealed! Like it was meant to be ? so yes I ordered the tri-motor with FSD I’m a contractor, a home inspector, and a full time firefighter so this truck serves all the functions of my working life, Satisfies the speed that I wanted from the corvette and I can take the hole family in it. As for the styling of the cybertruck, I’m an 80’s sci-fi guy to the core so it was a no brainer for me. Absolutely counting the days, can’t wait. Congrats to all who have made the order
Cheers ?

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Have a family of 5 with lots of toys and being able to lock them in my vault and drive to where ever we want to go without the terrible mileage of an ICE vehicle sounds great. When I saw I could get a vehicle that fit my needs for $39,900 I jumped at the chance. When I heard the single motor got moved from first to last in production, I kinda like that idea. Come outta the gate with the fastest, strongest, vehicle first. Build an image that creates respect and confidence in the brand. Then produce a functional reasonably priced rear wheel drive that works for most people and they'll want in. Also, the people that want the tri & dual motor trucks, seem like the ones who want to be noticed, or don't mind the attention. I'm hoping some of the attention will fade by the time I'm on the road in my Cybertruck.
it will take a long time before the attention goes away. It may never. Certain vehicles just grab attention from people.

I am getting the dual motor. It allows me to turn my daily driver (Ford Focus) and off-road/tow/haul vehicle/work vehicle (LR3) into one vehicle that is WAY more efficient than both.

Also I have been a big Tesla fan since the beginning. I got very close to ordering a model 3 but the semi/roadster 2 reveal hinted at the Truck coming so I decided to wait. I was sold before it was even revealed. As an architect/designer what they rolled out blew my mind and I became even more excited!

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
What made me buy it? It's about time to replace my truck and Tesla is finally making one! They are the best electric automaker there is, so it was a no brainier...

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My choice: would be 2 motors with LR (more than 500 miles) but Tesla produce LR with 3 motors, so I ordered it... because it is the merge of my suburban and sierra all 3/4 t. with diesel motors... And more... the SS (stainless steel) will keep rust away for the rest of my life... and the six places will be appropriate with the cabin with a cover... we expected to drive 250 miles... then stop at the supercharger for 20 minutes... then keep going to the next stop until we will reach our second home in Fl... Hoping that motels on 81 and 95 will get some of the supercharger...for now, I just saw Marriott...So, awaiting for my last car in my life...!!!

Madmax76

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M35A3, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Locomotive engineer
Country flag
I was on the fence for a few days after the unveil. I thought the truck was strange looking but the more I looked at it and the more research I did the more I liked it! Plus I spend waaayy too much money on fuel per month between my three vehicles. Close to 400.00 per month! So an electric vehicle started to make sense. So I placed a pre-order for a dual motor. The only thing I'm worried about is the battery in cold weather.

Last edited:

Rootinboy

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Country flag
I was on the fence for a few days after the unveil. I thought the truck was strange looking but the more I looked at it and the more research I did the more I liked it! Plus I spend waaayy too much money on fuel per month between my three vehicles. Close to 400.00 per month! So an electric vehicle started to make sense. So I placed a pre-order for a dual motor. The only thing I'm worried about is the battery in cold weather.
I'm with ya! $75-$100/week in gas. Ready for EV or should it now Bee called ET!?!?

Zhe Wiz

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MYP, 2015 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
FileMaker Developer
Country flag
Been looking for a replacement for my 2014 Grand Cherokee...I was all prepared to buy another one because I couldn’t find anything that did all I want - minimum 5 passengers, room for my hunting gear, relatively efficient (my Jeep is diesel), ground clearance for going off road, AWD for getting up my long, steep driveway and hunting in out of the way places in cold weather. Plus, I like a bit of luxury. Cybertruck got my attention with all of that, plus good range and a reasonable price (about the same as the Jeep GC). Thought it was ugly at first, but the design has grown on me, I like that it stands out, doesn’t need a logo and is very different. My wife thinks its ugly and was against it at first. But when I explained it was faster, cheaper, and better in nearly every way that my Jeep she came around. :)

Shumby

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (ordered), Nissan GTR, Nissan 370Z nismo, Infiniti FX50S, Dodge Dakota
Occupation
Sr. Maintance Engineer
Country flag
Really was the looks and speed.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 SRT Dodge Demon
Country flag
Sledgehammer swung
Into a stainless door panel
Very hard!