Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Incorrect! I have 4 kids and three dogs. I use my FJ on logging roads and recreational trails to run pointers on grouse. Getting stuck between doors after getting kids out of their car seats, and trying to close said doors while holding a diaper bag in one hand and a toddler in the other is a exercise in frustration. My two older sons ( 6’2” and 6’6”) can’t stand the “little doors”and hate having to wait for me for me to open. My door so they can open theirs to get out. Two of my hunting buddies got rid of their FJ’s because of those doors. For the reasons I just stated. One had older children, and the other didn’t want to mess with car seats while using those doors.
I respect your opinion-mine is just different.
Not only our opinions, but the SIZE of the Cyber Doors and the way they would open are very different. Do you really know what a real suicide door is?
Tiny doors?
These are REAL suicide doors
https://www.cars.com/articles/which-cars-have-suicide-doors-407616/
NOT this half door crap
https://www.google.com/search?q=FJ+...wKHRZFDa4Q9QEwAHoECAgQBA#imgrc=yvW2xAgKfBEJKM:
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Not only our opinions, but the SIZE of the Cyber Doors and the way they would open are very different. Do you really know what a real suicide door is?
Tiny doors?
These are REAL suicide doors
https://www.cars.com/articles/which-cars-have-suicide-doors-407616/
NOT this half door crap
https://www.google.com/search?q=FJ+...wKHRZFDa4Q9QEwAHoECAgQBA#imgrc=yvW2xAgKfBEJKM:
Interesting, especially if they didn't need the b piller but could still open independent ala samsung refigerator

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Hybrid Toyota Avalon, Hybrid Toyota Camery, Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Fair enough- I understood the FJ doors to be suicide doors- if that’s not the case, so be it (good pic you provided btw). I am still not a fan.

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Hybrid Toyota Avalon, Hybrid Toyota Camery, Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Do all suicide door require the front to open first? That's hella lame. I would not want that.
Sorry I don’t know the answer to your question.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
for those that didn't bother to open the link:
"
Technically, many pickup trucks also offer the feature by way of rear-hinged backseat doors on extended cabs. And, in recent decades, such rear-hinged entryways appeared from time to time as a design peculiarity on other cars: Think Honda Element, Mazda RX-8, various Saturn coupes and the Toyota FJ Cruiser. But those merely followed the letter, not the spirit, of the law. True suicide doors are full-size, wide-opening affairs — a way to show you’ve arrived, usually by chauffeur, in an ultraluxury car.

Which models have suicide doors for the 2019 model year? Just six:

Naturally, any of those will cost a pretty penny. "

Elon put Falcon wing doors on the Model Y. So there is a chance he might put REAL Suicide doors on the Cyber. It'd be a thoughtful move. Anyone that has to get into the back seats of their Four-door (a Real four door, not a fake door-and-a-half like FJ)knows opening the door then going to the back handle to open it then going around the backdoor to get in or get anything that is on the back seat, and then going back around the back door and closing it to get in the front seat takes a while.
Instead, the front driver could hop out open the back door from where they are, reach in and get or do what they need (Like pick up the baby's binky for her), then shut the back door and hop back in the truck.
A REAL(full-sized) suicide back door does not restrict entry or exit of even a large (6ft+) child...or big ol fat guy like me. It actually makes it easier.
So don't bring the shortcomings of your current "tiny" vehicle to a discussion of Suicide doors on a really big vehicle.
Suicide doors would be distinctive AND very functional.

EDIT: the reason I want them is because a dear friend had them on a very old lincoln convertible. They made the vehicle a special party wagon. When we got to where we were going and we got out of the vehicle we were already standing next to each other on the same side of the car. It felt like we were a more cohesive group... it felt like everybody was the same.

Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
How about instead of suicide doors, falconwing or rear butterfly options? I can see putting carseats in back with either being a breeze, at least until you need to use a parking garage...

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
How about instead of suicide doors, falconwing or rear butterfly options? I can see putting carseats in back with either being a breeze, at least until you need to use a parking garage...
Please No. I dont mind suicide doors if the open independently but falcon wing and butterfly are just horrible. Since it's a single body with the bed I'd rather have rolling doors than wings.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I think falcon wing doors had quite a bit to do with the demise of DeLorean and had a lot to do with the near demise of Tesla. Elon himself referred to the X as a Faberge egg and promised that nothing like it would come out of Tesla in the future. I think we can all rest assured that there will be no falcon wing doors.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
"Screw the electric ATV I want an electrified GF." You mean you want a mechanical device that is basically incapable of performing it's basic function once a month for several days to replace a human female that is basically incapable of performing her intended function for several days once a month? Oooooookaaaaaaay.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
"Screw the electric ATV I want an electrified GF." You mean you want a mechanical device that is basically incapable of performing it's basic function once a month for several days to replace a human female that is basically incapable of performing her intended function for several days once a month? Oooooookaaaaaaay.
OK you confused me (And I am from Bama). Which is witch?

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Git in the waaay back machine Rocky.....

Elon should make the Cherry2000 accessory/add-on. The best "Seat heater". Just for giggles she could backseat drive the FSD.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Intended function? This is an offensive and hostile statement. I appologize for you to all of the other people on this forum that happen to read this demeaning post.

Herb Blair

First Name
Herb Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Optima, Ford F-150
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
What kind of options would you like to see available for your CT even if they border on being weird/crazy?
Dark tinted windows (legal of course).
A regular steering wheel
trash can for the cab

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
"Intended function? This is an offensive and hostile statement. I appologize for you to all of the other people on this forum that happen to read this demeaning post ".......Oh....did my humor trigger you? Off to your safe space you go.
Sponsored