Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I could be wrong, but I believe the cost of the upgrade to the tri motor variant is heavily due to the batteries... and not so much the motors.
Yes, you could be but I don't think you are. Battery content goes up by 100% (or maybe even more). Motor content by 50%,
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
A flux capacitor, the required 1.21 gigawatts of electrical power needed to operate, or an onboard Mr Fusion energy reactor. Failing that a plug in for my laptop.
My X has TWO flux capacitor warning stickers in the frunk so I'm not sure 1 is enough - certainly not for the TriMotor.

Dariwuz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
360 cameras, tow vehicle cameras, shape shifting wheels like the darpa has for on road and off road use.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
They didn't really. They just made them 24 A rather than 40 A which is what I assume the original ones were. I can only guess, of course, but I think it was probably done when they started selling in Europe. The "charger" is or was a casting with 3 slots in it. Put a module in 2 and you have 48 A capacity. Put in 3 (as they did in my X) and you have 72 A capacity. Put in three and you can connect to 3 phase mains for the European market. This lets them use the same part (module) throughout their portfolio. Rumor has it that that same module goes into the super charger cabinets (but again, that's rumor and may or may not be true today if it ever was). Manufacturers love it when they can have a common part that is useful in many products.

No, capacitors won't change the basic charging configuration or rates. Home charging is going to be limited by what the home chargers can deliver which is 11.5 kW for 23 mi per hour. If you can connect two, as I hypothesize you might, you could get 46. That's pretty close to 54 even though the CT is considerably more power hungry than your current Tesla.

Even super capacitors have very little specific energy compared to batteries. Where they might be used is to provide bursts of energy for rapid acceleration or to absorb bursts of energy from decelleration (regenerative) greater than what can be handled by the current battery only system.
I am confused. We have an M3 that charges at 48 amps and we get 44 miles per hour now.

Starman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Prius, 2011 Buick LaCrosse, 2010 Prius, 2001 Excursion, 1965 LaMans
Occupation
MFG Supervisor
Country flag
Model S & X style bio defense hepa air filtration.
Auto presenting doors.
Squat to enter/exit air suspension.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Home charging is going to be limited by what the home chargers can deliver which is 11.5 kW for 23 mi per hour. If you can connect two, as I hypothesize you might, you could get 46. That's pretty close to 54 even though the CT is considerably more power hungry than your current Tesla.
I am confused. We have an M3 that charges at 48 amps and we get 44 miles per hour now.
Just understand that it is exactly the same with BEV's as it is with ICE cars. A compact sedan gets more miles per gallon than a muscualr pickup truck. Same here. Your M3 gets 44/(240*48/1000) = 3.8 miles per kWh taken from the mains. For the Cybertruck that's expected to be around 2.0 miles per kWh.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Who cares how much the CT costs if you can afford the ammo to shot a 50 cal machine gun right.

XB12R

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 2 Motor, 2010 Suburban, 2014 Honda CTX1300, 2007 Buell XB12R
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Suicide doors would be fun just for the hmmm factor.
Sponsored