Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
They could put sensors on the front that would scan the surface of the road for pot holes. Then the computer would adjust the suspension to not let the tire fall into the hole.
Sponsored

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Hybrid Toyota Avalon, Hybrid Toyota Camery, Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Suicide doors would be an excellent "working man's" door. (Getting shit and dogs outta the back made easy. And babies... ...the babies was a complete afterthought.)
Hate the suicide. Doors on my FJ cruiser- 4 doors are way better!

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
My list / thoughts - may are repeats - in aggregate dont expect most or truck will cost 2x - getting a bit crazy on requirements creep but doesnt hurt to list
- Heated Steering Wheel (M3P doesnt have and not fun in Colorado)
- Trailer Brake Controller and Camera Functionality, including "in bed" and "wireless Trailer" camera options
- Exportable power to charge an electric dirt bike (or the cyber quad), and trailer vs. generator
- Usable for Dirtbike hauling (up to 3) - Please keep the integrated ramp from the prototype, L/T Track on front of bed wall (not just the sides), hopping wide enough to have 3 bikes side by side (any legacy truck with 6.5' bed can do so if middle bike is offset 6" back), tailgate can be in lowered position while driving (eg doesnt bounce around, brake lights on corners still visible). - needed for bike lengths, but also I'm sure loading wood, etc
- use the deadspace in front/behind rear wheels for external storage - if/as possible
- Load Flat rear seats / lockable storage / Under Seat Storage (front middle passenger seat and front seat as design allows)
- GPS Nav / Weather, not dependent on cellular (Co mountains dont have cell coverage) - think but not sure if my m3 GPS functions without Cellular? (only owned since Dec and didnt take it up the hill yet)
- Central Tire Inflation would be nice / add off road capabilities
- Driving Modes: Snow, Sand, Mud, Rock Crawl, Performance (Baja), Performance (street), Standard, maybe Fording - all tied to Air Suspension, Steering Weight, Traction Control, Power Levels,...
- Regen Modes: Standard, Low like current cars + Hill Descent Mode
- Integrated steps to get to the vault via the side and rear
- Robust seating surfaces, easy to clean (dont think my MP3 White seats will cut it, lol)
- Add Compass, Altitude, Inclination, Weather, etc functionality
- At Purchase Packages: Contractor Prep, Camping Prep, Offroad Prep, Trailering Prep, etc all user installed post delivery to keep it simple
- 35" Offroad Tire Package
- Bring Back the older HPWC that can charge up to 80amps (and I can daisy chain with my current one) so that I can divert 80amp to the truck (intelligently) and or 40ish amps to each the truck and model 3....if I get 2 of the new chargers I'm limited to 48amps max ea, which is fine for the M3P but guessing not great for the CT with a 200 battery
- Since most of us cant fit these in our garages (current 2500hd doesnt fit either) - any software or hardware tricks that will minimize negative impact of being outside in the cold / wind / heat - as assume 80%+ will live outdoors ---not smart enough to know what can be done here but maybe something smart to minimize battery drain/impact
- Aside from Phone / Card Key access - how about a "dog tag" or similar that's wearable for when camping, biking, etc....eg may not have phone or wallet when getting dirty...maybe even face recognition or fingerprint so no "key" needed
- Since a new vehicle design and can place cameras as desired - and a big a$$ vehicle, how about Birdseye camera view to help with Parking...
- It's a truck, maybe skip the fancy door handles and keep it simple / robust handle design that still meets aero requirements
- Adjustabel pedals (Go and brake)...big interior with lots of seat travel - typically pretty nice to have to accommodate wife (short), me (tall)
- Personal preference - no chrome what so ever (hate the chrome trim on M3P), no wood (eg M3 with black interior) or marble (prototype) - no issue with the recycled dash but faux marble doesnt belong in a truck - just sayin
- If Dual chargers - locate on in front and one in rear - adds more flexibility? May be stupid idea as may inhibit Super Charger Dual charging or similar
- Offroad Light bar included (awesome) but can we still get a few "Aux" switches (software equivalent, some hardware for connections) - for those that want to install additional reverse lights, lightbars (pace truck, police, etc) - no idea and I dont need them but adds flexibility for some that may and minimal to no $'s
- Multi Window UI - keep it simple but some means to have 2-3 windows open at same time - eg nav, music, weather or similar
- UI - more detail on power usage of accessories, etc - eg help conserve by knowing what's draining/using +. performance calcs/mode (there's a gps, why not offer "dragy". like functionality (prob more specific to the other Tesla vehicles) + more info on motor / battery temps
- Hidden Front Hitch - could be a solution for those that want a winch? Dont personally care about this one
- Air Compressor - multipe access points? eg if one in the rear / bed and one up front, may make more useful without needed a 100" external hose
- everyone wanting the external speaker to support external music - how about running speaker connection to the bed for use with external speaker option/accessory? Probably a bit more robust sound, granted something that can be stolen, etc. or just use a bluetooth speaker from your phone
-Assuming wont have a full spare as is common these days how about a spare tire mounting option in the bed (so removable when just using as a street queen, but solid mount for offroad / camping, etc usage) and at time purchase option of a 5th wheel / tire
- oh $hit handles - wish the m3P had them for spirited driving and for offroad they're handy
- please lobby the hell out of the Govt to get the side view mirrors to be as is in the prototype (slick setup)
- design frunk / under bed storage with slots for dividers - the power these things make fling / slide $hit all over (3, s, x could also use)...same with vault - leverage floor / side rails to offer some sort of partitioning
- enough usb connections for 2 phones via wireless charging + century mode USB/SSD + one extra for cable for older phones - eg 4 count
- I have a 6 seater 2500HD (50k miles, 3 years) - never used the front middle seat - so maybe an option (at least after purchase) for something more useful? make removable?
- drain plug for frunk and under bed storage
- Front top windshield tint and eliminate visors / vanity mirrors
- Rock rails / skid bars for the side? as part of "offroad" package
- more robust 12v battery than m3P has - maybe Li-ion
- phone app functionality that can control suspension - eg lower, "ramp mode", etc
- cup holders a bit more useful than in the m3 - eg grips diff sizes better including my redbull can
- OEM Front windshield cover (magnetic?) - big a$$ window, dont want to scrape ice off of 50sq ft, lol
- integrated flashlight with mount - dont have to rely on cheap flashlights with short lives because they either over or under charge
- active aero to help direct air when towing on hot days?
-phone mirroring - I like apple car play in my other vehicles but if the Tesla did phone mirroring then I dont think CarPlay needed, Apple Watch app would be nice to have, Apple Music compatible
- more efficient heater than m3 - thinking of those that use camp mode
- for dual/tri motor - 2wd mode - eg drop front motor for efficiency purposes? and use ear axle only for "tank turn"?
- dark headliner (not just white like m3) - hides dirt betterr
- rear passenger hvac, 3 USB's, heated seats, bit of seat recline, something special - current trucks the rear passengers are red headed step children
- robust tow hooks front / rear
-something easier to mount radar detector - much needed on teslas and to date, no simple solution - on m3, 12v cig socket is rear center counsel mounted...can mirror mount / wire but dont like the visibility impact of that location....and there's so much dash space to just velcro a radar detector if there were a more accessible power option - hell, offer an OEM option for radar detectors - believe a reasonable % would purchase
- emergency kit accessory and mounting location

ok, enough of that, just ideas, ignore as you please...

All I really care about is a well thought out, robust truck that is near the design specs and that I can use for dirt bikes on weekends....signed up day 2 and pretty far back on then list so I bought a m3p to drink the Tesla cool aide and I'm in 100%...much respect for what Elon has done to date...wish we had more visionaries that challenge the status quo (and that I had the time / capability / courage to do so in my world).

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
  1. Flat-folding mid-gate as mentioned above or some sort of pass through at least.
  2. HUD or a screen behind the steering wheel. I’d miss that after trading in my Model S.
  3. Heated/cooled vented seats, heated steering wheel
  4. Round steering wheel. The yoke style steering wheel only lets you put your hands at 9 and 3. Plus if you’re a big fella your legs or knees might prevent the yoke from rotating enough to make a sharp turn, not good.
  5. Built in wiring for an aftermarket trailer brake controller of our own choosing.
  6. Automatic braking to avoid deer or pedestrians. I assume the latter will come with FSD, when that becomes a reality, but it’d be nice to avoid CT damage from deer or other large animals too.
Everything above but also;
7. Trailer Light. Connections
a complete shake up on how standard (non brake Assist) trailers hook up-make it. Wireless- simply snap in a battery,Like they make for drills,snap that into your trailer connect and just back. Up to your trailer and connect without wires. Via blue tooth or whatever. I have a poll going in tow and towing section of the CT forum.
8. Cooler-turn one of the trunk/ frunks into a preformed highly insulated functional cooler (Yeti like) with a drain plug in the bottom that drains directly on to the ground below. If you didn’t want to use It as a cooler it still could be used as a storage box. Makes sense to put it in the front-to be used in combination when tail gating
9. Optional rear view screen fo passenger-the DVD player with viewing screen for the kids in the back was best invention ever to stop the kids fighting- sure “they should enjoy the trip-catch the views” yeah all good in theory! You tell me more about that after taking toddlers on a long road trip and playing the; DAD! HE’S TOUCHING ME -HE’S LOOKING AT ME-HE’S NOT PLAYING WITH ME, games for hours.

Last edited:

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ABSOLUTELY !!! But more importantly, for any time I walk away from the vehicle. This Cyber truck is going to attract A LOT of attention and I don't need people constantly looking inside my vehicle. I don't mind if people want a closer look. People who normally wouldn't think of actually walking up and checking out somebodies vehicle are going to be curious. This is also going to attract some UNWANTED attention and I think we are entitled to privacy. It would be a safety feature and I would pay a premium for my family's safety. Elon Musk needs to understand this is a priority. Do we have the ability to lobby TESLA on this matter ? the technology is readily available.

I’d pay for this option!

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You don't have young kids or dogs in the back seats. :unsure:
Incorrect! I have 4 kids and three dogs. I use my FJ on logging roads and recreational trails to run pointers on grouse. Getting stuck between doors after getting kids out of their car seats, and trying to close said doors while holding a diaper bag in one hand and a toddler in the other is a exercise in frustration. My two older sons ( 6’2” and 6’6”) can’t stand the “little doors”and hate having to wait for me for me to open. My door so they can open theirs to get out. Two of my hunting buddies got rid of their FJ’s because of those doors. For the reasons I just stated. One had older children, and the other didn’t want to mess with car seats while using those doors.
I respect your opinion-mine is just different.

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Incorrect! I have 4 kids and three dogs. I use my FJ on logging roads and recreational trails to run pointers on grouse. Getting stuck between doors after getting kids out of their car seats, and trying to close said doors while holding a diaper bag in one hand and a toddler in the other is a exercise in frustration. My two older sons ( 6’2” and 6’6”) can’t stand the “little doors”and hate having to wait for me for me to open. My door so they can open theirs to get out. Two of my hunting buddies got rid of their FJ’s because of those doors. For the reasons I just stated. One had older children, and the other didn’t want to mess with car seats while using those doors.
I respect your opinion-mine is just differen.
Do all suicide door require the front to open first? That's hella lame. I would not want that.

Huntsman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Heavy Equipment Ops
Country flag
I have certainly heard of other Tesla's hitting deer. I doubt if radar looking forward will catch deer near the side of the road, and I'm sure normal camera's will not pick them up if it's dark. In the end, I want a deer prof truck, I want to know if deer are a 180 arc 100 ft or so ahead of my truck, and I would like AI to realize that deer do deer things, like run parallel to your truck and then do a 90 degree turn into your truck.
Determine what deer fear, and you will have solved this million dollar damage question. They don’t fear the sound of an I.C.E. so they wont fear an E.V. Studies suggest deer whistles don’t work, manufacturers insist they do if mounted in an uninterrupted air flow - not practical on a blunt nosed vehicle. If the deer jumps above the frunk, I’m optimistic dirty shorts might be your only problem. The shape and composition of the CT may promote more of a deflector - up and over sensation - rather than impact. Bull or brush guards would be an inexpensive add on to keep the front end stainless - stained less

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
tow mirrors. Or tow cameras that extend from the laser bar. Or magnetic tow cameras—wireless.

mcgeorge8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Country flag
tow mirrors. Or tow cameras that extend from the laser bar. Or magnetic tow cameras—wireless.
Yes...Wireless tow camera would be very helpful when backing a trailer...say a boat...where you can't see that well behind you. Just attach to your trailer and set to reverse in tow mode and have it show up on the screen.

REDBARON

First Name
Matt/Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Instructor
Country flag
I would like ventilated, massaging seats. Heated and cooled cup holders front and back. Off road mode. Central Air Inflation system.
Both heated AND air conditioning in the seats. Nobody wants to be body heat chair warm on a hot day while on a long drive.

OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
My friends think that some kind of hydraulic feet or something that could be deployed at an angle to essentially lift the Cybertruck out of a hole when you're stuck. I think that would be great.

jebinc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3, LR AWD Cybertruck on order, 2020 Suburu Outback XT Limited
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
This was a fun thread to read. Let's hope someone at Tesla is monitoring it and thinking about incorporating some of the proposed ideas - especially the ones easily implementable.