Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
However lights timed for 30mph are also timed for 60mph!
Right thought but you reversed the numbers. Lights timed for 60 mph are also timed for 30 and 15 and 7.5... Lights a mile apart timed for 60 mph cycle once a minute. If you drive at 30 mph you will arrive at lights every 2 minutes which is a multiple of a minute so you will be in phase. But if you drive at 120 you will arrive at lights every 30 seconds and only be in phase at every other light.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Right thought but you reversed the numbers. Lights timed for 60 mph are also timed for 30 and 15 and 7.5... Lights a mile apart timed for 60 mph cycle once a minute. If you drive at 30 mph you will arrive at lights every 2 minutes which is a multiple of a minute so you will be in phase. But if you drive at 120 you will arrive at lights every 30 seconds and only be in phase at every other light.
Cannonball run! Let's do it. You go 60mph and I go 120 mph. One assumes the lights stay green for 30 secs if they cycle once a minute.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
OK. Here's what would happen:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available? Graph0

Whenever the thin red line is above the heavy red line the lights (all of them) are green. The open squares represent a car traveling at 30 mph. The solid circle represents a car traveling at 60 mph. The +'s represent a car traveling at 120 mph with the driver represented by the circled plus intending to run all the red lights and the open + driver intending to obey them. The points represent the positions of the cars as indicated by the annotations in the little square boxes and are plotted only when the cars arrive at a light e.g. 2nd means the driver has just arrived at the 2nd light. The position of the symbols above or below the heavy red line indicate the phase of the lights (all of them) at each arrival time. There is no significance to the height above or below the line at which the points are plotted as the lights cannot be more or less green (or red).

Thus if a car traveling 30 mph arrives at the first light 6 seconds after it turns green it is not plotted again until it arrives at the second light 1 mile and 2 minutes away at which time the lights are green. It proceeds uninhibited at 30 mph. A car arriving at the first light at the same time and traveling 60 mph arrives at the second light one minute later at which point the lights are green and it proceeds uninhibited at 60 mph. A car traveling at 120 starting at the same time as the first two reaches the first light in 30 seconds at which time the lights have all been red for 6 seconds. If he runs the light the violation camera takes his picture and he arrives at the 3rd light 30 seconds later than that which is a minute after he arrived at the first and the lights are green so he sails on through without another picture being taken. But at the 4th light he gets his picture taken again.

Now if he decides to stop at the 2nd light and wait for it to change he is, at the end of the first minute still at the 2nd light, just as is the legal driver. Zooming off at 120 mph when the light changes gets him to the third light which is, at this time, red and he must wait again.

Thus if I go 60 and you go 120 we will arrive at the same time if you obey the lights but I'll use a bunch less energy than you. If you don't you'll get there in half the time but find your mailbox full a few days later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I wonder if you will be able to disable the front motor for hooning purposes? That brings up another point, I don't know how Teslas are, maybe someone could shed some light. Are the driven wheels directly fixed to the motors? If you tow your Cybertruck are the motors going to drag the entire time? Or is there some sort of mechanical disconnect like a clutch or something?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
In the current designs the motors drive a differential which is part of the inverter/motor/drive assembly. Half shafts run to the two wheels. Torque vectoring is achieved by a combination of motor torque and friction brake control. One cannot disable a motor though this will be done in case of failure or partial failure of one. There is a "neutral" setting on the selector and it effectively disables both motors but there is no mechanical disconnect thus Teslas should not be towed, except for short distances, unless with dollies or trailers.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Here's a Model 3 Performance doing what you're asking for, I think.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I've already got those (well, OK, it's really only a couple of stickers that says I've got them).

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Not, AFAIK, with the CT but you could do that with a Rivian because evidently the Rivians will have a feature whereby one truck can be charged from another i.e. some sort of inter vehicle umbilical will be offered. Now keep in mind that you can't just dinghy tow an EV. It has to be on dollies or a flatbed trailer. The other thing to keep in mind is that if you tow something that weighs about as much as the thing you are towing it with you can expect the range of the tractor to be about half what it is when it is not towing. Thus you could use the large battery R1T with its estimated EPA range of 400 miles to tow another fully charged R1T. At about 200 mi the battery in the tractor would be depleted at which point you could connect the two together and recharge. After an hour or so you would be on your way again. Or, you could take the charged one off the trailer and put the discharged on on. After another 200 miles the second would be discharged. Seems much simpler to just drive the one for 400 mi.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jacob

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 BB Vette, 83 Cutlass
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
I wish that there were performance mods you could do. That's one big thing I'll miss about ICE vehicles. Bigger cam, headers, better flowing heads, turbos, ect. Perhaps Tesla or the aftermarket will come out with things like performance capacitors or rocket boosters or add on battery modules.
I would DEFINITELY like to see the "SpaceX edition" with rocket thrusters! I couldn't NOT get that option!

Last edited:

H20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
Plumbing foreman
Country flag
I think a high tech HUD would be awesome! Using the windshield to reflect blind spot images, back up cam, eliminating the need for mirrors. Maybe tracking of any
moving objects, and potential threats like Mickey Rourke, Along with mph, battery power levels, a miles remaining counter, clock, temp. reading Inside and out, brake regen. displays, The windshield looks big enough for all this and probably more than I can imagine. Of course it would have to be done right, so it doesn't looks cheesy like other auto makers have done in the past, something truely sci fit would be magnificent

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available? 128882-1 (1)

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Something small occurred to me. When camping and you want to have an electric connection to your trailer (or?) but yet you want your vault to be secured overnight how can the cord pass through without it being pinched? Yes, it would be a minor problem but it is just something that I thought of.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Something small occurred to me. When camping and you want to have an electric connection to your trailer (or?) but yet you want your vault to be secured overnight how can the cord pass through without it being pinched? Yes, it would be a minor problem but it is just something that I thought of.
If we get our wish there will be power outlet in the cab, now we also want a power outlet outside the truck. Maybe under the charge port cover? Be good if there was one in the frunk too. I use battery tools so would be nice to charge them.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
If we get our wish there will be power outlet in the cab, now we also want a power outlet outside the truck. Maybe under the charge port cover? Be good if there was one in the frunk too. I use battery tools so would be nice to charge them.
I agree with you there and since the truck is already way ahead of the competition might as well make it even better! Sometimes it is the little things that make such a huge impact. Waiting is tough!
Sponsored