What software would you want on the cybertruck?

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
People have talked about the hardware they would want on the truck. Like solar panels to winches. But what software would you want on the truck?

Tesla if you are listening...

For me,
I would love software that had a crawl mode that I could set the speed.
Also in that thought a crawl mode going down hill that would use regen braking. Not so much for saving power but to control the heavy truck going down mt roads.
A rocking mode like Toyota for sand.

I would like to be able to lift each wheel by itself. So I could change tires without a jack. Let me raise it and put a block under the A arm and change the tire, easy peasy.

I would like a panel on the computer that would let me turn power, on and off for power outlets or cig lighters (I am planing to using a cell range extender, a CB radio and a laptop for work) but this would come in handy if we could have side facing lights for off-roading and camping too. AND lets us name each switch. PLEASE have ext power in the cab. Under the seats or behind the glove box (yes I know this is hardware).

Anyone has any other ideas?
Sponsored

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I would like to be able to lift each wheel by itself. So I could change tires without a jack. Let me raise it and put a block under the A arm and change the tire, easy peasy.
The above is an outstanding idea. It could even make an emergency tire plug/patch job on the road side much more trivial for those with the knowledge to perform said task.

And AC outlet on the interior would be cool for charging laptops, without a plug-in inverter.

Sound canceling logic for the auto system tuned specifically for tire and wind noise but that may present a driving hazard by some existing broad sweeping existing law. Perhaps it already exists on a Tesla? Maybe this could even reduce the need for sound deadening materials and its associated weight if successfully implemented?

Perhaps enhanced sound where outside sound can intentionally be piped inside the vehicle so that when the windows are up you can still clearly hear what is going on outside the vehicle while remaining in a filtered environment. Maybe limited to under 5mph hour or stationary?

For youth drivers. Perhaps built phone alerts when excessive speeds, hard braking or outside of predefined Geo fence. Maybe even forced speed caps for X over posted speed limits.

Meshed networking between other nearby Tesla (or compatible) vehicles to further aid in FSD/Autopilot providing an expanded and greater range of vision. I see this occurring at some point in the eventual future anyhow just as natural progression.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
The above is an outstanding idea. It could even make an emergency tire plug/patch job on the road side much more trivial for those with the knowledge to perform said task.

And AC outlet on the interior would be cool for charging laptops, without a plug-in inverter.

Sound canceling logic for the audio system tuned specifically for tire and wind noise but that may present a driving hazard by some existing broad sweeping existing law. Perhaps it already exists on a Tesla? Maybe this could even reduce the need for sound deadening materials and its associated weight if successfully implemented?

Perhaps enhanced sound where outside sound can intentionally be piped inside the vehicle so that when the windows are up you can still clearly hear what is going on outside the vehicle while remaining in a filtered environment. Maybe limited to under 5mph hour or stationary?

For youth drivers. Perhaps built phone alerts when excessive speeds, hard braking or outside of predefined Geo fence. Maybe even forced speed caps for X over posted speed limits. While those 3rd paty services exist now on ICE vehicles they are paid for subscription items typically.

Meshed networking between other nearby Tesla (or compatible) vehicles to further aid in FSD/Autopilot providing an expanded and greater range of vision. I see this occurring at some point in the eventual future anyhow just as natural progression.

OP
OP

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
Sound canceling logic for the auto system tuned specifically for tire and wind noise
This should be a must on all cars but the truck and tire noise is a pain on highways.

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
If I have stuff that slid deep in the front of the vault, it would be nice if the CT had a mode where it lowers the back (like it did for Cyberquad) and wiggles vibrates the suspension a bit so all my stuff slides to the back for an easy offloading :))))

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If I have stuff that slid deep in the front of the vault, it would be nice if the CT had a mode where it lowers the back (like it did for Cyberquad) and wiggles vibrates the suspension a bit so all my stuff slides back for an easy offloading :))))
Vibrating bed... LOL

I think you can find those in various motels. For those of us who want to camp in the back it could have a whole other use than the one you mentioned.

But it there was a vibratory motor like used for settling concrete, I bet it would work well for sliding things down the length of the bed. Could use a bit like a dump truck if unloading sand or gravel.

EVCanuck

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ЗАЗ-968, Canyonero
Country flag
But it there was a vibratory motor like used for settling concrete, I bet it would work well for sliding things down the length of the bed. Could use a bit like a dump truck if unloading sand or gravel.
I was wondering if it would be possible to do that with the air suspension, without additional hardware

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
multiple. driving modes; comfort, performance, towing, Baja, rock crawling, snow, etc. - all tied to. steering, suspension dampening/height, throttle sensitivity, traction control, lights, screen layout/visuals/cameras etc.....plus with customization options for each, like track mode has on my model 3 perf...plus a camping mode - additional modes enabled with paid options - eg 4x4. package, camping package, towing package, etc

software. defined aux switches for aftermarket accessories + sw controls for power outlets (internal and external hardware for power)

add weather app + offload gps functionality (subs or paid option as part of 4x4 package?)

Advanced Display options for truck parameters - eg. more info on consumers of power, metrics / parameters of all recorded vehicle functions - eg. dont need to use scan my Tesla, car captures all the data, share it for those of us that find it useful

solar charging page - for those that get the solar option - full visual/controls

app store to add on options. after fact / add functionality for packages or just general apps - Waze, performance apps, weather, music sources, car play, games, etc

hardware to include gps, xm - so when in wilderness can maintain full map/music functionality without cellular signal (part of camping or off-road pkg?)

sure then's more and have to balance it all and I believe tie too option packages so the juice. is worth the squeeze.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Tank mode, Rivian is doing it so I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla does it OTA which, of course, would make it double cool. "I got my tank mode today"
You might be able to do something somewhat like but true tank mode requires both wheels on each side to turn in the same direction which is opposite to the direction on the other side. This requires 4 motors.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
You might be able to do something somewhat like but true tank mode requires both wheels on each side to turn in the same direction which is opposite to the direction on the other side. This requires 4 motors.
Right, duh, hadn't thought about that. Guess the Rivian has one up on CT. No tank mode for me.

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
If I have stuff that slid deep in the front of the vault, it would be nice if the CT had a mode where it lowers the back (like it did for Cyberquad) and wiggles vibrates the suspension a bit so all my stuff slides to the back for an easy offloading :))))
I'd rather have a mount and power connection for an in-bed winch, that could help pull a load in, or, once it was on the ramp, ease it out. Wouldn't work for anything really top-heavy; and a dolly (wheels) rather than just a pallet would help; but for some loads, it could make loading or unloading by yourself much easier.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I'd rather have a mount and power connection for an in-bed winch, that could help pull a load in, or, once it was on the ramp, ease it out. Wouldn't work for anything really top-heavy; and a dolly (wheels) rather than just a pallet would help; but for some loads, it could make loading or unloading by yourself much easier.
Interesting idea.

So now I have 3 locations I’d like to use a winch. Front, back, bed. In the winch thread a couple days ago there was a video of an internal winch that worked out the front and the back. The way that worked I’m sure it could also have a pull point in the bed. I’d start being concerned though if the internal cable started having too complex of a travel path.
Sponsored