Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Updated May 26 with current images of the site, thanks to @btsloan

Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now img_6501-

Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now img_6502-

Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now img_6503-

Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now img_6500-

Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now img_6506-

Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now img_6510-

Original post:

Via https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-terafactory-texas-gps-navigation/

Tesla’s Terafactory location now appears with a Texas address in the company’s in-car navigation database, all but confirming that the future location for its next US manufacturing plant to be near the city of Austin.

Details emerge following last week’s report that the company has selected Austin, Texas, and Tulsa, Oklahoma, as the two finalists for the future Cybertruck Gigafactory. The location appears as “Tesla Terafactory Texas,” and shows an address in the city of Hutto, located 22 miles northeast of Austin.

Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now ry-texas-in-car-navigation-appearing-hutto-texas-1

A satellite view of the address 5701 Co Rd 132, Hutto, TX 78634 shows a landmass that’s mainly unoccupied other than what appears to be a few small farms.

Conveniently located near transportation corridor Route 79, the location is in easy reach of the nearby suburbs of Hutto and a 25-minute drive from the metropolitan area of Austin.

Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now tesla-terafactory-texas-navigation-map-634x476
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I do see the "option" label.. but they took the time to put it in there system.. maybe some random joe did it?

XB12R

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 2 Motor, 2010 Suburban, 2014 Honda CTX1300, 2007 Buell XB12R
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
I'm not too sure that 6 acre lot is big enough for a terafactory.
The Giga Nevada lot is 1000 acres with an additional 1864 acres for future use that looks like some of it is being used from the latest goog earths photo.

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
So is the Hutto location for a large solar storage unit, a large Supercharger parking lot next to a giant WAWA or the Cybertruck Terafactory or all of the above? How much land did Tesla actually buy in Hutto?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I saw this as well. The demand for the Cybertruck is through the roof. The rumor is Tesla wants to cash in on the Cybertruck ASAP and actually beat the Chinese factory build time. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that all of the building material such as steel beams, etc. have already been procured for the massive Cybertruck and Model Y assembly plant in Hutto, TX.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
And of course if it is in Wikipedia it must be true...I am a fan. Of Wikipedia and even donate to it, but I am also not foolish enough to believe everything I read on the web. Only the things I ‘want’ to believe :)

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I saw this as well. The demand for the Cybertruck is through the roof. The rumor is Tesla wants to cash in on the Cybertruck ASAP and actually beat the Chinese factory build time. I wouldn't be surprised to hear that all of the building material such as steel beams, etc. have already been procured for the massive Cybertruck and Model Y assembly plant in Hutto, TX.
I would agree because almost all manufacturing facilities use pre-engineered building systems. Unless they go tilt wall which is just stupid fast anyways.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
its rumored that Tesla wants to start spitting out Model Y’s by the end of this year and CT’s by summer of 2021. The model Y body panels and/or bodies in white would be shipped from Fremont and the Texas plant would only do the assembly.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
I'm not too sure that 6 acre lot is big enough for a terafactory.
The Giga Nevada lot is 1000 acres with an additional 1864 acres for future use that looks like some of it is being used from the latest goog earths photo.

Looks like its 79 Acres.

Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now Property Records

TechOps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, ex-Model S
Country flag
It is WAYY bigger than 79 acres. I drove up there last weekend and drove around the perimeter to check it out. There are signs up that say the land for sale is "450 Acres +/-", but the map on Tesla Motors Club shows it as 1500 acres (including some small farms, so I guess they rolled up multiple properties into one).

The best part? There's a big Ford dealership right on the other side of 79. You can see it in the picture above, it's the grayish mass near the center of the photo, just north of 79, that looks like a giant parking lot.

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It is WAYY bigger than 79 acres. I drove up there last weekend and drove around the perimeter to check it out. There are signs up that say the land for sale is "450 Acres +/-", but the map on Tesla Motors Club shows it as 1500 acres (including some small farms, so I guess they rolled up multiple properties into one).

The best part? There's a big Ford dealership right on the other side of 79. You can see it in the picture above, it's the grayish mass near the center of the photo, just north of 79, that looks like a giant parking lot.
Yes, if combined, these pieces of land are massive as a single property! The dealership across the street is actually a combined Chevy and Ford dealership called Covert Hutto (the Covert family has dealerships all over the Austin area). I took my Volt in to get serviced there once and felt robbed after spending $900 to fix a "Service Battery Charging System" warning that was causing it to not charge. That being said, I'll have my popcorn waiting for the day the Terafactory opens directly across the street from them and vehicles, including the 2 Cyber Trucks I have on order, start rolling out of that factory!

btsloan

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybortruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I took a trip out to the site yesterday. There was mostly corn growing in the fields. Across the street behind the Hutto water tower a rail terminal is being built for shipping products. The area is large and more than plenty of room for a Terra factory. Across Hwy 79 there is a electrical substation that is connected to high voltage transmission lines. So there is plenty of water and electricity for a large plant. This site was offered during Hutto's bid for the first Giga Factory that ended up being built in Nevada. Hutto was runner up, so it makes sense that this site would be chosen now. This site is about 60 miles south from SpaceX's test launch site near McGregor, TX. In the first photo the the address on Google Maps is the farm house just left of center.
Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now IMG_6501
Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now IMG_6502
Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now IMG_6503
Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now IMG_6500
Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now IMG_6506
Tesla Cybertruck What The Possible Texas Cybertruck Terafactory Looks Like Right Now IMG_6510
Sponsored