Geverson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y and X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My CT is still at the shop for this: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/ct-dead-1k.13920/

The tech says my Truck is drivable but they are waiting on an undisclosed part to finish without an ETA on the part. I have an appointment on Monday for my PPF, and this guy is "the guy". He gets cars shipped to him from Miami ~700 miles to get it done, he is now taking reservations for June. So, if I miss it, it may take that long for me to get in...I spoke with the Tech, and he says it's my call, but he does not recommend it.

I'm thinking, if I have to wait for the part, why not wait at the wrapping guy's shop right? By the way, the service center is 5 miles away from the PPF installer.

so, what would you do?
Sponsored

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR, 2024 FSCT AWD on order
Country flag
Leave the CT at the SC until it's fixed. No question.

The wrap can always be done later, and I wouldn't be surprised if your guy gets an opening much sooner than June (lots of flakes and no-shows for that type of work).

bongulous

First Name
Donk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra Elevation
Occupation
GC
Country flag
Fixing the truck should be the priority. What good will the wrap be if it’s still stuck in the SC for days, weeks, or months after? I understand wanting the wrap done asap but having the CT bring fully fixed is undoubtedly the more important issue.

Tony stank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT AWD, X3 M Comp, GT3 RS
Occupation
Ex Tesla, ADAS whisperer
Country flag
Man I was stuck in the same boat but my issues were the screen and LTE.
My SA is horrible in terms of communication. I just had it wrapped and now it’s back at the SA.

The 1st time problems are killing the ownership experience. 3/5 weeks the car has been at the SA.

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
Have you seen all the posts with people and their CT on tow trucks or on the side of the road?
Wait and get it fixed............

Tesla Cybertruck What would you do? 45634786585232024

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
I agree with some of the other posters. The priority should be getting the truck to 100%. Your guy will still be “the guy” even if you have to wait for a June appointment. You could then enjoy it being both fixed and wrapped. What’s the point of having it wrapped but sitting at the SC? That would just make the wait more frustrating for me. It’s a crappy situation all the way around and I feel for you.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
My CT is still at the shop for this: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/ct-dead-1k.13920/

The tech says my Truck is drivable but they are waiting on an undisclosed part to finish without an ETA on the part. I have an appointment on Monday for my PPF, and this guy is "the guy". He gets cars shipped to him from Miami ~700 miles to get it done, he is now taking reservations for June. So, if I miss it, it may take that long for me to get in...I spoke with the Tech, and he says it's my call, but he does not recommend it.

I'm thinking, if I have to wait for the part, why not wait at the wrapping guy's shop right? By the way, the service center is 5 miles away from the PPF installer.

so, what would you do?
Message Tesla and ask them the question.

Mattkalin

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F350 Superduty , 2023 Model Y AWD
Country flag
If you really want it done just pay to tow it from SC to Wrap guy and back…otherwise I wouldn’t risk it… Insurance would not be on your side either if something were to happen..

Treynor

First Name
Treynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
President
Country flag
I would not count my CT’s before they hatched.

OP
OP
Gevi

Gevi

First Name
Geverson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y and X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Message Tesla and ask them the question.
they said it was my call. There is no ETA on the part they are waiting I have asked what part it is and they ignored the question.

OP
OP
Gevi

Gevi

First Name
Geverson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y and X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I agree with some of the other posters. The priority should be getting the truck to 100%. Your guy will still be “the guy” even if you have to wait for a June appointment. You could then enjoy it being both fixed and wrapped. What’s the point of having it wrapped but sitting at the SC? That would just make the wait more frustrating for me. It’s a crappy situation all the way around and I feel for you.
Thanks, just suck to have to be out again after is fixed while we wait on "parts"

OP
OP
Gevi

Gevi

First Name
Geverson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y and X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
If you really want it done just pay to tow it from SC to Wrap guy and back…otherwise I wouldn’t risk it… Insurance would not be on your side either if something were to happen..
it may be a valuable option.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
Thanks, just suck to have to be out again after is fixed while we wait on "parts"
I believe it and agree.

BeFamousVideo

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telsa M3 Long Range. CT Beast expected 3/2024
Occupation
AI Automation Agency owner
Country flag
they said it was my call. There is no ETA on the part they are waiting I have asked what part it is and they ignored the question.
Keep asking. They will eventually answer you. Follow up often until they all know you by name. Sometimes this escalates orders. Somebody has your answer.

OP
OP
Gevi

Gevi

First Name
Geverson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y and X
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Keep asking. They will eventually answer you. Follow up often until they all know you by name. Sometimes this escalates orders. Somebody has your answer.
the tech just called me saying it's the power conversion.
He also told me they had escalated my situation to higher-ups.
Sponsored