What yall think about a Telsa Cybertruck Convertible?

Luh

First Name
LaWanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I really love the idea of the panoramic top being able to be a convertible option or a option to pull up when the bed is closed... what yall think!??
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I really love the idea of the panoramic top being able to be a convertible option or a option to pull up when the bed is closed... what yall think!??
Technically, it COULD be possible to make a way to retract the roof over the bed if you had the cover closed. I don't think I'd ever use it and it wouldn't really be very good for the driver as that windshield comes WAY back. I suppose that would be cool though.

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This is an appropriate question/response to the new Ford Bronco's (and Jeep's) ONLY benefit.

My opinions:
- the full glass roof will feel open, without the dust and wind. Everytime I ever had a convertible, I preferred the roof up after 5 min (too hot, too cold, too dusty, too windy, etc...)
- retracting roof will reduce the simplicity of the CT (more $/maintenance). Not gonna happen

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
I don't think I would ever use it. I would much rather the rear window / mid gate opened than the roof.
I agree with Less, I would prefer the mid gate, up to $5K price. The chevy SSR showes there wasn't much demand for the convertible pickup truck... although I think it looked cool as hell.

SSR

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Hey, we could drop the top and party like it was 1989..

Tesla Cybertruck What yall think about a Telsa Cybertruck Convertible? ima

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I have had a bunch of cars with moon roofs that I used a handful of times. I think if I wanted a top down thing I’d go back to a motorcycle. I do love the views from inside all the Tesla’s I have driven and I expect the CT to have an awesome view.

SEER

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, ZR-2, K3500 dually, Cybertruck
Country flag
2022 Hummer EV truck has a T-roof over rear seats. Cybertruck could but might buffet like crazy!
Tesla Cybertruck What yall think about a Telsa Cybertruck Convertible? 4D64D8D1-6184-41E2-865C-D8E0CE01BCFA

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Kinda defeats the purpose of having a toy tank if it's a convertible. Anybody that's ever drove a rag top convertible knows you are giving away a lot of security, to be able to go topless.

DPye_BC

First Name
Durwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier RWD; 2000 Toyota Echo FWD
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
I think that the armored glass on the roof and windshield is structurally necessary due the exoskeleton design. Also, a convertible typically has a reinforced frame on the bottom of the chassis. I don't think that would be possible with the CT's frameless design.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I would use it all the time. I love having the roof of my Mazda popped open. I basically never close it except when on the freeway, and in rain or dust. And while it has a shade that closes, I pretty much only close it when I have a roof load or it's extremely hot or cold (like >100,<20F).

It's a very unlikely option, alas.

-Crissa

dnh

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
More than I can currently count.
Occupation
knowledge whisperer
Country flag
The CT uses an exoskeleton to maintain torsional rigidity -- removing or weakening the roof will likely not be possible, Glass, of course, is structural (look at high-rises).

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
maybe there can be an option to drive remotely while sitting in the open vault... Granny Clampett style.

dc4bs

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT - Computer Sysadmin / Security
Country flag
maybe there can be an option to drive remotely while sitting in the open vault... Granny Clampett style.
Get a really long fishing pole, somehow press the summon button on your phone permanently and hang it out in front of the truck? Then enjoy a nice ride in your custom CyberTruck barka-lounger-bed. ;)
Sponsored