When I pay the hundred dollar deposit is there monthly payments till the full payment is made at del

223coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Country flag
When I pay the hundred dollar deposit , is there monthly payments till the full amount is due at delivery ?
Sponsored

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
It is only the $100 dollars. No monthly payments after that. There is likely going to be a down payment needed when you configure your CT before they make it and then payment due upon delivery. That will be when your monthly payment start.

Revelation

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Res: Rivian R1T, Res: Tesla Cybertruck Tri-Motor + FSD
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
The $100 is just a "hold my spot in line" kind of thing. There is nothing else due until you build and confirm your order - sometime in 2022'ish. The $100 will go towards the deposit when you confirm your order, the deposit will most likely be around $2,500 or so. At that point in time Tesla kicks off the process to add your order to the queue.

From there you will finalize the remaining balance due via cash or financing of some sort. You'll want to have all that sorted prior to your delivery date to ensure that everything goes a bit smoother.

Reactions: W3$

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
the $100 isn't even a "hold my spot" Tesla makes their vehicles in batches and ships to regions. its more of a $100 interest free loan to Tesla and a way of Tesla to judge interest. With your $100 you haven't bought anything yet

Cyberfuturist

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 ford f-350, ford fusion hybrid
Country flag
It would be nice to make monthly payments if that was an option.. I'm ready to buy now, but obviously I need to wait for production, then my place in line.. but if I could make payments to say, bump me up in line, that would be something.. (btw, i'm making what my payments will be to buy Tesla stock)

UpToNoGood

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma 4x4, 2015 Super Tenere
Occupation
Cyber stuff
Country flag
It would be nice to make monthly payments if that was an option.. I'm ready to buy now, but obviously I need to wait for production, then my place in line.. but if I could make payments to say, bump me up in line, that would be something.. (btw, i'm making what my payments will be to buy Tesla stock)
You can make payments to your savings account. Then apply all that money as your down payment.

drcarric2650

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150
Country flag
That's the best idea, you may end up making as much on the Tesla stock, than what the truck will cost.

Last edited:

W3$

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Is there any financing available after the $100 +$2500? Or the price must be paid in full right after the delivery is made?.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
Is there any financing available after the $100 +$2500? Or the price must be paid in full right after the delivery is made?.
Credit Unions are usually best for auto loans. Then banks, then finance companies. Tesla has, I believe, a finance company they can recommend, but Tesla offers no financing itself.

And, I know what you mean, but you pay before delivery, not after. ;) (<--attempt at humor)

Reactions: W3$

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
"You can make payments to your savings account. Then apply all that money as your down payment."

And we have a winner. My little Nissan van will be paid off in a few months. That payment and some other spare cash I have each month will go into my savings account and be used as my down payment. My goal is to have at least a 20 percent down payment and finance for no more than four years. More than likely I'll use the same credit union I have the van financed with due to the low interest rate we get with them unless Tesla goes into the finance business and offers an even lower interest rate.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Im expecting my '14 Silverado to pull in somewhere between 17 and 20K. Add in another 10K down payment, and thats a good sized chunk off the top to finance.

timjwright2.0

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
When I pay the hundred dollar deposit , is there monthly payments till the full amount is due at delivery ?

MY dream scenario is that Tesla provides SPECIAL financing for those who agree to add their CT to the Robotaxi network for a significant duration ( a year or two) and substantial daily schedule. Since Tesla knows that robotaxis will be successful, they have lower risk in offering financing at better and more lenient terms than my bank. MY bank requires me to run the business for 2 or more years, prove that I'm so successful I don't need them, and THEN they will lend to me. Even a home equity loan from my credit union cares much more about my monthly income than the equity in my home. I guess that's why banks don't go bankrupt. They don't take chances unless the government is bailing them out. I'm guessing the only way to get a loan for a new business like my robotaxi fleet is a co-signer.
Sponsored