Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Anyone have awesome suggestions for trails or locations they want to take their CT to visit? Either for camping or overlanding.

There are of course the big national parks etc. But a friend of mine was riding his motorcycle in the backwoods of Japan and took some pictures of a few ghost tunnels. Looks like somewhere I'd like to visit. Though I'd need to get a CT in Japan for this trip as I don't think that floating for a while works when transiting the Pacific Ocean. LOL.

The location is here:
35°18'04.4"N 140°07'30.5"E - Google Maps

Tesla Cybertruck Where do you want to go? Tunnel_1

Tesla Cybertruck Where do you want to go? Tunnel_2

Tesla Cybertruck Where do you want to go? Tunnel_3
Tesla Cybertruck Where do you want to go? Tunnel_4
Tesla Cybertruck Where do you want to go? Tunnel_5
Sponsored

Abl3rider

First Name
Able
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Anyone have awesome suggestions for trails or locations they want to take their CT to visit? Either for camping or overlanding.

There are of course the big national parks etc. But a friend of mine was riding his motorcycle in the backwoods of Japan and took some pictures of a few ghost tunnels. Looks like somewhere I'd like to visit. Though I'd need to get a CT in Japan for this trip as I don't think that floating for a while works when transiting the Pacific Ocean. LOL.

The location is here:
35°18'04.4"N 140°07'30.5"E - Google Maps

Tunnel_1.jpg

Tunnel_2.jpg

Tunnel_3.jpg
Tunnel_4.jpg
Tunnel_5.jpg
Cool pics! Plan on circling Lake Superior. At this point the upper peninsula of Michigan is a challenge with the range on current EVs (Would require plugging into 120v at a campsite or 220v if they have that at campsites?) but with the 500 mile range on the Tri it’ll be possible. Surprisingly the North shore in Canada has charging stations at realistic intervals even for current Tesla’s.

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
I rode my motorcycle around Lake Michigan and I was planning on doing it with the CT, as well as follow the Mississippi to the Gulf.

I also want to visit the last few states I have never set foot in (Dakotas, Minnesota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and Nebraska) and drive to the four corners of the continental US. I would like to drive to Alaska... I had thought about doing it on a motorcycle, but think I am past that level of adventure now (Time waits for no man, and the body ages no matter the spirit).

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I rode my motorcycle around Lake Michigan and I was planning on doing it with the CT, as well as follow the Mississippi to the Gulf.

I also want to visit the last few states I have never set foot in (Dakotas, Minnesota, Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, and Nebraska) and drive to the four corners of the continental US. I would like to drive to Alaska... I had thought about doing it on a motorcycle, but think I am past that level of adventure now (Time waits for no man, and the body ages no matter the spirit).
Hmmm.... A trip to Alaska.... I've always wanted to drive there. Unfortunately, A Better Route Planner tells me there is no way to get there. Maybe by the time I retire there will be chargers along the route.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Hmmm.... A trip to Alaska.... I've always wanted to drive there. Unfortunately, A Better Route Planner tells me there is no way to get there. Maybe by the time I retire there will be chargers along the route.
Well, you could always do it with the Aptera ^-^

A solar powered van did the trip last year. https://www.routedelsol.com/

-Crissa

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Well, you could always do it with the Aptera ^-^

A solar powered van did the trip last year. https://www.routedelsol.com/

-Crissa
A summertime drive would be pretty easy in an Aptera. Get charging even when I sleep from the onboard solar. On the other hand, it might still be difficult in winter. But then, is the highway even open in winter? Aptera might have difficulty in snow. And if there is very little daylight then there wouldn't be much charge other than at hotels. But the Aptera could charge pretty effectively at the hotel.

Interesting link you give. Optimized sun charges that van in 20 hours. I used to own a Honda del Sol that I really loved. I've wanted to convert one to full electric with 4-wheel drive. But I think I'll stick to a CT at this point. I had wanted to use the electric del Sol for rally racing. Once I see the CT in Baja I think the rally racing will be covered.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, the Aptera will be fine in snow, but it'll want it groomed or plowed. That third wheel will just glide along behind while the two wide will give a strong stance. Light vehicles are fun. Slippery, but fun.

But have some wings in the back that fold out while you nap inside where they were... I would be a fun camping trip ^-^

-Crissa

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Oh, the Aptera will be fine in snow, but it'll want it groomed or plowed. That third wheel will just glide along behind while the two wide will give a strong stance. Light vehicles are fun. Slippery, but fun.

But have some wings in the back that fold out while you nap inside where they were... I would be a fun camping trip ^-^

-Crissa
if the snow is groomed the Aptera will probably do fine. Especially with the 3-wheel drive and off-road options. The only thing is the wheel covers go pretty low, especially in the back, so I worry about snow drifts or potholes.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
I've been to Mammoth Mountain a bunch of times but I've only been to the Sierras one other time. I'd like to these places:

Mount Whitney Portal Store to grab a coffee. Elevation 8,374. Only 6,000 more feet to reach the summit. I might need two coffees. ;)

Tesla Cybertruck Where do you want to go? MountWhitneyPortalStore

https://goo.gl/maps/tUSR9ofih7aV6YDh9

Since Death Valley is right near by, might as well check out Badwater Basin.

Tesla Cybertruck Where do you want to go? BadwaterBasinStopsi

https://goo.gl/maps/RbUeVUZPWGodhfRG7

I'd also like to "crash" the Jeep Jamboree Rubicon Trail party July 4th as it's only a couple hours away from my house but that's above my skill level.

Last edited:

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I'd also like to "crash" the Jeep Jamboree Rubicon Trail party July 4th as it's only a couple hours away from my house but that's above my skill level.
It would be above my skill level currently also. But there are a bunch of Jeep clubs around and they take beginners. I wonder if they would be offended by a stray CT following them around.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
if the snow is groomed the Aptera will probably do fine. Especially with the 3-wheel drive and off-road options. The only thing is the wheel covers go pretty low, especially in the back, so I worry about snow drifts or potholes.
The wheel covers can come off, and the production should be two-piece for easy access. Since the hubs are heated, they shouldn't have icing problems. And the default configuration is dual motor, so it'll be fine in the snow no matter what. The three-motor will be better in gravel, tho.

-Crissa

ituner-HF

First Name
Andrei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S, X and 3, Waiting for Cybertruck
Country flag