Where I want to drive my Cybertruck - and Thanks Elon for your Vision.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yes, Pike's Peak has its dangers.

But its weather isn't known to change as dramatically, or to have as many days with precipitation or hurricane winds as Mount Washington.

Mount Washington is what is known as a 'microclimate' - a place that is dramatically different than around it. Because around it is a continental climate, that means that localized squall lines can be blown up there easily and without much warning.

What would be an innocent cumulo clouds drifting over a warm day become a blustering snow storm at the top as they collide with the mountain.

That can happen at Pike's Peak, but the climate around there is more mountains and dry, so there's less water to enable this kind of storm, so they happen with less frequency. You can be fairly sure of the weather during the day.

Lastly, I believe the highway toMount Washington is a steeper slope than the one to Pike's Peak, further increasing its challenge.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Sorry to open up this can of worms.
I was very impressed with my 83 year old mom taking a drive to see the sights, from the Top of Pikes Peak and just thought I'd stir the pot a bit.
I didn't think things would get so hot. :ROFLMAO:
Hey Dids, I didn't know you were a sailboarder. Cool, I been a windsurfing since before they made harnesses.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Only if you use alternative facts.... ha ha no no I'm kidding... I only meant to say I prefer the cog railway on mt washington. Its fun. Lots of people drive up and I think they only lose a car load once in awhile. So not actually that dangerous. They close the road on truly dangerous days im sure. When I come out to Colorado for the Cybertruck rally I will do pikes peak drive so I can compare.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
10,000 feet is the level I would start to get/be concerned about hypoxia.....

TerryMack

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am simply hoping I live long enough to drive in mine! I have PAH with a life expectancy of 3-5 years! I was diagnosed last year! My CT is due 8/2023!!! Damn... though I'm hoping for a miracle!

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I am simply hoping I live long enough to drive in mine! I have PAH with a life expectancy of 3-5 years! I was diagnosed last year! My CT is due 8/2023!!! Damn... though I'm hoping for a miracle!
Thats bad although I hear a vegan diet can reverse some peoples pah. Aren't you able to do something?

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
This looks fun to me. Kinda doubt I'd do it in FSD though.

Tesla Cybertruck Where I want to drive my Cybertruck - and Thanks Elon for your Vision. shafertrail

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I want to drive to the four corners of the continental US. I have already driven to 3 of the 4 (West Quoddy Head, Maine; the Keys in Florida; San Diego, CA). I do want to drive north out to Seattle and then come back a different route (I have almost visited all 50 states but this trip would get the rest).

One could debate that the "corner" is either Cape Flattery or Point Roberts. Better hit both just to be sure.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Oh WOW, that's the perfect soundtrack for my favorite off road driving video. It's HD video of that place with the switchbacks, I posted Feb. 23rd. Play both videos Synchronized, with headphones blaring and enjoy the ride!