Where to turn off/on the DRL front light bar?

heems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
You may need to be more specific. The car has 3 light bars (potentially). Front day time running light bar. Light bars in the vault. And the roof mounted light bar option. Which is your huckleberry?

Last edited:
OP
OP

MyFirstElectricTesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Benz
Country flag
You may need to be more specific. The car has 3 light bars (potentially). Front day time running light bar. Light bars in the vault. And the root mounted light bar option. Which is your huckleberry?
I didn't know there are 3 and how many I have for my AWD. It's the one mounted on the frunk. I want it off so not creating more attention from people.

heems

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y AWD, 2024 Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
That’s the DRL. I did a quick test. Went to Controls and turned off the headlights. That turned the DRL off while I was in Drive but not moving much. Whether it'll stay off while driving faster I couldn't tell you.

someccie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Beast
Occupation
Network Dude
Country flag
The front daytime running light bar is connected to the exterior lights and set to Auto by default. To turn off this light bar, turn off all exterior lights by going to Controls > Lights > Headlights and set to Off. When FSD is enabled, the lights (and wipers) automatically change back to the Auto setting.

The off-road light mounted at the top of the windshield is a feature only given to Cyber Beast owners. However, Tesla has not yet provided these light bars to owners and will supply them sometime soon. Nevertheless, it will be controlled with the switch under Controls > Outlets & Mods and turn off the Power Feed displayed on the right center of the screen.

The bed lights are not considered daytime running lights because they are hidden from other drivers unless you had your tailgate open for some reason. Anyway, they can be turned off by going to Controls > Lights and selecting off next to Bed Lights.

mbrockus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model X, AWD CT
Occupation
President of the Anonymous of the Anonymous Club
Country flag
That light isn't the attention getter.... it's all that stainless steel around it.
Sponsored