Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Does anyone know if there's been any word on which factory they intend to use to build the Cybertruck?

I would like to see them built in one of the U.S. plants. It has been clear that the Cybertruck aims to compete with Ford, Dodge, and Chevy. Although Tesla is an American company, I know there are probably plenty of current Ford, Dodge, and Chevy owners that would be dissuaded from purchasing the Cybertruck is it was built in the new China plant.

And, yes, I know that while Ford, Dodge, and Chevy build their pickups overseas (ex. my Ram 1500 was built in Mexico). It would be yet another great selling-point to say that your Cybertruck is made in America by an American company and supports American workers.
Sponsored

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
The CT is likely to also be built in China for the Asian market and possibly in Germany for the European market. It makes sense for building locally in the local plants in the future. I don’t see Tesla building a vehicle with its largest market in North America anywhere else but in North America.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
That'd be great. Where did you read or hear that?
The Cybertruck will be produced in the Fremont factory.
I would also like to know where that info came from. I have read articles suggesting GF1, as this is where new batteries are going to be made. Semi, which will be a t GF1 and CT have the highest count of batteries in them, so would make sense not to have to ship batteries to another plant.

Source of Semi @ GF1 rumor: https://electrek.co/2019/10/23/tesla-semi-electric-truck-production-limited-volume-2020/

YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
It's only been 7 weeks so far, but it would be nice to see some updates on the design progress from Tesla, as the refinements in the design come together, and production nears. Maybe they could put out short video clips on Tesla YouTube channel every other month or quarterly ? Would further help fuel interest in CyberTruck and Tesla overall. Maybe manufacture a few more Cybertrucks for testing of manufacturing process and design refinements?

There's plenty of interesting video clip material to choose from

testing available options & accessories
Cyberquad ATV, more on the trailer they have on the Tesla CT page
Matte black color -will it be alloyed into the metal exoskeleton or a wrap
Vault solar option-strength, miles of range produced, possible option to increase range produced
side mirrors, headlights, sound system, etc etc
ruggedness / bullet resistence .....who wouldn't want to see other trucks shot up in Cybertruck comparisons

Devix

First Name
Fabrizio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
For sure it will be produced in the US, at least in the beginning.
I read it in a Tesla report, but I don’t remember where.
So far, China and Europe are focused on 3 and Y.

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
For sure it will be produced in the US, at least in the beginning.
I read it in a Tesla report, but I don’t remember where.
So far, China and Europe are focused on 3 and Y.
Europe probably not. Pickups are extremly rare in Europe. It is the least popular car section here.

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
It's only been 7 weeks so far, but it would be nice to see some updates on the design progress from Tesla, as the refinements in the design come together, and production nears. Maybe they could put out short video clips on Tesla YouTube channel every other month or quarterly ? Would further help fuel interest in CyberTruck and Tesla overall. Maybe manufacture a few more Cybertrucks for testing of manufacturing process and design refinements?

There's plenty of interesting video clip material to choose from

testing available options & accessories
Cyberquad ATV, more on the trailer they have on the Tesla CT page
Matte black color -will it be alloyed into the metal exoskeleton or a wrap
Vault solar option-strength, miles of range produced, possible option to increase range produced
side mirrors, headlights, sound system, etc etc
ruggedness / bullet resistence .....who wouldn't want to see other trucks shot up in Cybertruck comparisons
I think we all want updates. Chomping at the bit for even a hint from Tesla.
From the moment of unveiling, I’ve wondered just how different production from prototype will be.
I wouldn’t put it past Elon to drop another bombshell and production CT differ.
Prototype is just that, the beginning of an idea. This would explain the 2 years out production date.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I just want to see Elon take it out for a joy ride again.

YeahYeahYeah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tundra(sold),02 Subaru Outback,1967 Fastback
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
After the unveil I would think Elon would want to stick it in peoples faces who mocked the design. I knew it was going to be radical, but many aren't even being objective with the features, it's an amazing vehicle. I never knew that many truck owners were so attached to their particular truck design. o_O C'mon have they looked out their window? Idk my Tundra looks good, my 3rd Toyota, but I'm just not very attached to it, plus most trucks including mine are burning a fat hole in the wallet. I can't wait to throw my tools in it and hit the road / jobsite. :cool:

K Doc Brown 007

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion & 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
I know the topic is where produced..... but I’m thinking there’s a little extra pressure on EM for the when. The amount of EV PU trucks scheduled for release in 2021, combined with EM personality And the production volume traction he’s starting to get, tells me he may try to actually get ahead of initial dates on this. ??or maybe I’m being too fanatically optimistic ??

OP
OP
BryanMorera

BryanMorera

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I think we all want updates. Chomping at the bit for even a hint from Tesla.
From the moment of unveiling, I’ve wondered just how different production from prototype will be.
I wouldn’t put it past Elon to drop another bombshell and production CT differ.
Prototype is just that, the beginning of an idea. This would explain the 2 years out production date.
I don't doubt some things get changed, but I don't expect any major changes, especially to the design itself.

One thing I've respected about Tesla is that when they unveil a product, that is what gets delivered. Whereas other automakers unveil a prototype that they have no intention of actually producing.

From what I can tell, there is very little difference between the unveiling-version of the Model S and Model 3 versus the production version. I would think the same would apply to the CT. As for the two-year production date, it's not that far off; the first Model 3's were delivered one year and four months after it was unveiled.

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
I don't doubt some things get changed, but I don't expect any major changes, especially to the design itself.

One thing I've respected about Tesla is that when they unveil a product, that is what gets delivered. Whereas other automakers unveil a prototype that they have no intention of actually producing.

From what I can tell, there is very little difference between the unveiling-version of the Model S and Model 3 versus the production version. I would think the same would apply to the CT. As for the two-year production date, it's not that far off; the first Model 3's were delivered one year and four months after it was unveiled.
Good point about the S and the 3.
I’m still betting EM will do some kind of bombshell with the CT.
Sponsored