carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
Obviously the stock has been hit hard this year. But assuming the upcoming split in August and how bad the economy is right now with inflation etc what are you guys guesses ideas and thoughts on what the price will be at when the CT is released. Assuming 2023 as Elon stated or worst case scenario 2024.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla is up 23% since this time last year.

S&P 500 is down 5% in that same time period.

The market as a whole is in the crapper right now. If the hole deepens then I suspect Tesla will continue to do poorly. If the macro environment improves then I think we can see some significant movement.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
* Tesla’s margins are about double those of the Big American car makers.
* Margins on Tesla are likely to continue improving as they in-house battery production.
* Now add in Tesla energy which is itself a fast growing and huge business.
* Plus you have the potential wildcard of AI based income from FSD/ Robotaxi and Optimus.

Tesla is never going to be a normal heavy industrial business. Or rather: They are redefining what a heavy industrial business looks like.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
It kind of doesn't matter. Between the bot AI, FSD advancements, Tesla's resource consolidation, and the mere fact that the CT is released the stock will be like...

Tesla Cybertruck Where will $TSLA be at Cybertruck Release starshiplaunch

CT is the shoe that everyone is waiting for to drop. It's going to be their their statement vehicle.

Right now Tesla is a combination of Google, Ford, and General Electric; all rolled into one, and just entering the toddler stage of their business life cycle. Tesla is on the cusp of delivering AI, FSD, mass EV adoption, and energy disruption. Any description of what may be in store for them will only sound like hyperbole.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I was going to say $420.69 after TWO 5:1 splits. :)
You realize split counts are multiplied. That would be 25:1 from where we are now right? Roughly $10,000/ share seems unlikely in the next 18 months.

I could buy $69.420 after 2 5:1 splits.

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
CT is the shoe that everyone is waiting for to drop. It's going to be their their statement vehicle.
I think this is more true than people realize. The delays and lack of details about CT have basically turned Tesla into a 4-car company with no future models to look forward to. This is how bearish analysts talk about Tesla anyway. When CT starts production I think we are going to see the "old" $TSLA stock patterns we have seen in the past. Exponential runups followed by sharp drops that ultimately take the mean price steadily higher.

My base case is $1400 by end of May 2023. Bull case: stock catches fire again and hits $2000. If it does this I'm selling and saving the proceeds for my CT. Bear case: we go sideways for the next year and end up near $1000. If it does that, I'm going to wait as long as I can to sell my CT shares in hopes of another eventual pop.

It's all going to depend on the macro environment, what Elon says / does, the details of the CT release, success of Optimus, and whether or not Tesla can start raising better revenues off FSD. Plus any surprises! Isn't the stock market fun?

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
With shanghai closed for a month, and the slow ramp of Austin and Germany, the July results will be good but not enough to rekindle fever pitch growth.

This 'flat' growth may flow into the July/Aug/Sept months, and it will be interesting to see what they do about the split decision. It may be deferred for 6 months.

As we currently see, TSLA daily stock chart pattern looks exactly the same as NASDAQ.

Providing nothing improves, I expect 4th qrt results to be meaningful enough to move the share price to $1000 in January.

Musk said it may take 12-18 months to get out of the recession... this would be around July next year. If you can't afford a CT, delay till after this time. You will have enough for two soon enough.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Obviously the stock has been hit hard this year. But assuming the upcoming split in August and how bad the economy is right now with inflation etc what are you guys guesses ideas and thoughts on what the price will be at when the CT is released. Assuming 2023 as Elon stated or worst case scenario 2024.
The split is only something Elon was going to put to the board at the annual meeting, and probably based on the fact that Tesla stock was up at $1100 at the time. It isn't any more, so maybe the stock split will be taken off the table, or maybe it will stay on the table and be approved but not necessarily taken to the stock exchange (especially after this S&P 500 fiasco). I wouldn't count on a stock split at this point (I was, before, but no longer).
Sponsored