Who Else is Hoping for a Redesign for Wife's Acceptance?

Will the updated Cybertruck design change your reservation decision?

• I will never buy the Cybertruck. The specs aren't good enough.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
Economy, utility, versatility... after this truck gets out and gets real attention other auto makers will be trying to copy it. There is no need for redesign. The industry needed the redesign not the Cybertruck. Aesthetics change. Utility is forever. That's why I love flannel shirts and jeans.

Advertisement

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
I think Rivian is the answer to this question. If you're asking it, I don't think you understand what the Cybertruck is.

OP
OP

Bob Anderson

Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonota
Country flag
I gotta say I'm in the 'perhaps you need to reconsider your relationship if they want to control how you look' camp.

If they're upset at how the truck looks... Maybe it's something else? It doesn't seem like healthy communication.

-Crissa
Don't worry, we're on the same page. As I wrote, we both think it's hideous and hope for a less hideous version next quarter.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Don't worry, we're on the same page. As I wrote, we both think it's hideous and hope for a less hideous version next quarter.
We're sorry, but your Cybertruck reservation has now been cancelled, and given to someone who can appreciate it. And you're getting kicked out of the Cybertruck Owners Club, to boot. We've transferred your reservation to... the Badger. Good luck sir.🦡

Last edited:

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Okay. As long as you know Elon is going to give you the most hideous truck he can make for the straight up best stats.

Because I don't think he has an aesthetic beyond 'blank slate'. He doesn't even decorate his house. I have friends who like to live in spaces I would generally describe as 'simple hotel' and Elon goes a step further to 'is anyone even living here?'

-Crissa

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I currently have the CT preordered because the specs are too good to pass up. Price, range, stainless steel body, large interior to travel w/ family, camping, autopilot, and Supercharger network all considered obvious pros. However, I am waiting to see a hopefully less hideous design (if this triggers you please go bark up another tree) before I'd actually commit to buying. And yes, I understand the functionality of the straight line bends of the stainless to reduce cost, as well as the cybertruck aesthetic. When I say "redesign" I am well aware this thing won't ever look like a traditional truck, but here's the deal......There is no way my wife would ever let us get one w/ the current look. Doesn't matter how good the specs are, this will be sitting in our driveway and neither of us would want such a hideous design being promenaded in front of our neighbors. And yes, I get that no matter what having an unpainted stainless steel body will always get attention.

I am looking forward to the CT update coming next quarter. 3% smaller size, flatter side angle, mirrors?, windshield wiper?. I would like to see what the actual rims look like (not with the hubcaps). I really hope there is an extra bend in the tailgate (or a complete redesign), man that tailgate looks bad. I do think some minor changes could make it much palatable.

Is there anyone else who feels the same way or am I not as a loyal fanboy as the rest of the group?
LESS HIDEOUS?
You've said your piece now GO AWAY!!!!! And I thought Turdman was a Troll, HA!!!
Take your opinion and SHOVE IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!!!
Adios SUCKER! BUH BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

azjohn

First Name
john
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
If the CT is hideous to you and your wife IMO it is not for you and perhaps a more traditional truck is your cards

What makes the CT affordable is the CT design, if it had paint and body on frame it would be at least $100K

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Haha! Love how everyone says grow a pair, like it's ever a good idea to spend $50k w/out wife's knowledge or approval.

Well now you've changed the story.

Spending $50-60k without your wife's approval is WAY different than her not liking the way it looks.

At one point I thought I could "spend" my way out of situations like that, but in actuality I was being played by my ex wife. If I wanted to get something or go somewhere without her, I'd just give the equivalence in cash. That seemed to make her happy. I was wrong for doing it, and she was wrong for asking for money to "make her happy". I'm putting a huge emphasis on "ex wife".

I don't recommend spending your way out of this. The new wife route is probably the safer bet. Both are super costly, gods knows I know this, but in one of the scenarios you'll be happier.

Enjoy your CT!

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Haha! Love how everyone says grow a pair, like it's ever a good idea to spend $50k w/out wife's knowledge or approval.
My wife thinks it is ugly. I don’t care.
She knows I am buying it. I told her she is not the one driving it.

She has her own job, her own money. Once, after she spent $160 on sneakers, I said I would never spend that much money on shoes. She snapped back, “It’s my money.” I waited years for a rebuttal.

When she remarked that she didn’t like it I replied, “It’s my money.” That stopped the conversation.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
It will be just as hideously beautiful. Relax, enjoy the ride of life.

egandalf

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Dude. I wouldn't hold my breath for major changes. Minor ones like an extra line in the tailgate, maybe? But the overall aesthetic will always be function over form for this one.

The Rivian looks a bit cartoonish, but probably more appealing for pure aesthetics - especially if you're looking for something more old-fashioned archaic antiquated rust-prone traditional.

My wife doesn't mind the design so much as the attention it will draw. BUT she knows I'm a huge nerd and want to drive a goddamn spaceship of a pickup truck and that the truck is a perfect fit for my pragmatism.

And NO FREAKING WAY would I move on a $57k decision (gotta have FSD!) without her agreement. That agreement came pretty easily for me, though, since my wife was the one who suggested I put down the reservation in the first place.

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and Ford Escape Titanium
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Elon already stated the design is done and it hasnt changed much.... so everyone who currently hates the design.... sorry Im not sorry but your getting what you see. My fiance hates it and thinks its ugly but just like everyone else on here I prefer function over form.

I could care less if it was shaped like the oscar meyerhot dog truck. If it can tow 14k lbs and 0-60 in 2.9 seconds.... I'll take it

As long as I can drive fast around stupid drivers and blow away coal rollers, Im happy

Diehard

First Name
D
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Frontier, CT2
Country flag
Elon already stated the design is done and it hasnt changed much....
If it has not changed much, can someone that is familiar with the process tell me, what takes 1.5 years from reveal? Is it design of the actual manufacturing process? or tweaks to the truck itself?

Advertisement

Advertisement