Who Else is Hoping for a Redesign for Wife's Acceptance?

Will the updated Cybertruck design change your reservation decision?

• I will never buy the Cybertruck. The specs aren't good enough.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
My wife has moved into the "CT acceptance" phase, mostly because she's tired of hearing me complain every time I go to Home Depot (first time in my life I haven't owned a truck).

Advertisement

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 BMW 3GT
Country flag
I currently have the CT preordered because the specs are too good to pass up. Price, range, stainless steel body, large interior to travel w/ family, camping, autopilot, and Supercharger network all considered obvious pros. However, I am waiting to see a hopefully less hideous design (if this triggers you please go bark up another tree) before I'd actually commit to buying. And yes, I understand the functionality of the straight line bends of the stainless to reduce cost, as well as the cybertruck aesthetic. When I say "redesign" I am well aware this thing won't ever look like a traditional truck, but here's the deal......There is no way my wife would ever let us get one w/ the current look. Doesn't matter how good the specs are, this will be sitting in our driveway and neither of us would want such a hideous design being promenaded in front of our neighbors. And yes, I get that no matter what having an unpainted stainless steel body will always get attention.

I am looking forward to the CT update coming next quarter. 3% smaller size, flatter side angle, mirrors?, windshield wiper?. I would like to see what the actual rims look like (not with the hubcaps). I really hope there is an extra bend in the tailgate (or a complete redesign), man that tailgate looks bad. I do think some minor changes could make it much palatable.

Is there anyone else who feels the same way or am I not as a loyal fanboy as the rest of the group?
I doubt there will be much difference when the update comes out. Your eye won't notice the 3% difference in the pictures.

I think you should cancel your order LOL.....so we can all move up one spot.

maconjt

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hoping to be a Cybertruck owner.
Occupation
FMEA Coordinator
Country flag
My wife hates the idea of me getting the CT. She hates the look of it mainly, but she is also concerned about charging and having to wait for it to charge. I'm hoping I can prove her wrong.

I also think that she will absolutely LOVE the features though once she sees how things work.

shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag
My wife isn't a super fan of the look. I like it. But, one thing that keeps us together is that we both value form over function and attempting to buy only things that will have a long shelf/usage life. This truck fits that bill!

Like me she'd buy something if the value is there even if she wasn't a fan of the aesthetic - comes with being responsible regarding waste and we aren't vain or worried about the neighbor's opinions.

Honestly, neither she nor I really give a crap about what others think! LoL

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I've never known a guy that needed his wife to approve the look of his truck before he bought it. If he did, I can't imagine he would have the balls to admit it.

Finances, yes, that might need the wife's approval. The style or appearance of his truck, no, never. It makes me sad to think of any man who considered himself a "truck guy" could let it come to this. Some things are non-negotiable and the appearance of a man's truck is one of those things. :rolleyes:

speach

First Name
Scott
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD CT, Escalade, Acura MDX, Focus ST, PriusC
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I haven't sprang the CT on her yet because know the argument will be that we need to replace the 04 Dodge with a 62K new Dodge dually.
Would I spend $50k+ w/o discussing with my spouse? No.

Did I put a $100 refundable deposit down before discussing it? Yes.

I told her about it a month or so ago. Timing is everything.

Unfortunately, the CT may be showing up around the time daughter #1 is getting married. oof.

TechOps

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Should have known this site is for the ultra CT purists. I'm pretty sure most replies think I'm wanting a traditional truck when what I really want is a less extreme (changed the word from hideous as that obviously triggered many of you) version as I stated in my original post. Electrek had a good article on this a while back. I think these are the changes I would like to see (plus a few more like tailgate).
Open up your OP on a Cybertruck forum by telling people who don't agree with you that they should "go bark up another tree," then insulting them as "loyal fanboys," belittling those who don't agree with you, and now huffing that this site is for the "ultra purists".... you really have a way with words, don't you?

If you both think the design is hideous, as you stated in your first post, then why are you attention seeking on this forum? The answer to your question about whether there will be a major redesign is obviously no. Try the Nikola Badger; I think you'll both like that design.

kev12345

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Country flag
The design is hideous to most but what is there to compare capability/price wise? E-F150 will be neutered in fear of losing gas truck sales guaranteed!

soonerdy

Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
The only thing I want changed is the screen to be imbedded in the dash (at least partially), I hate the aftermarket look of the mount.

Everything else about the design I'm absolutely in love with!

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I currently have the CT preordered because the specs are too good to pass up. Price, range, stainless steel body, large interior to travel w/ family, camping, autopilot, and Supercharger network all considered obvious pros. However, I am waiting to see a hopefully less hideous design (if this triggers you please go bark up another tree) before I'd actually commit to buying. And yes, I understand the functionality of the straight line bends of the stainless to reduce cost, as well as the cybertruck aesthetic. When I say "redesign" I am well aware this thing won't ever look like a traditional truck, but here's the deal......There is no way my wife would ever let us get one w/ the current look. Doesn't matter how good the specs are, this will be sitting in our driveway and neither of us would want such a hideous design being promenaded in front of our neighbors. And yes, I get that no matter what having an unpainted stainless steel body will always get attention.

I am looking forward to the CT update coming next quarter. 3% smaller size, flatter side angle, mirrors?, windshield wiper?. I would like to see what the actual rims look like (not with the hubcaps). I really hope there is an extra bend in the tailgate (or a complete redesign), man that tailgate looks bad. I do think some minor changes could make it much palatable.

Is there anyone else who feels the same way or am I not as a loyal fanboy as the rest of the group?
My spouse ordered her Model 3 exactly as she wanted, I didn't have a single input into her choices.
It was her Birthday Present, Tesla Delivery even put a Red Bow on it when we picked it up. I got to make my own choices on the CT. That's how you stay married for 40 years. Who picked out the Sonata in your household?

First Name
Marcia
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
farmer
Country flag

It's. so good looking. Too bad your wife doesn't like the design. This is not a wife thing, it's a art thing. I'm a woman and I love the looks.

CyberBC

Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Dodge Ram 3500, 2011 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Farrier
Country flag
Bob, This was my favourite post on the entire site. Great discussions. I think there have been and will be marriage wars fought over the Cybertruck. I've been in one over a year now. To long a story for this site. Might write a book. With luck I borrowed some money last year outside the family finances, invested in Tesla, and made enough to buy the truck. Now I just have to hope she'll ride with me.(y)(y)

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Because Rivian isn't close to CT specs
Maybe the specs and the looks go together. Although the CT could use a retractable turret in back for a .50 cal, and maybe a drone with a chain saw on it, for the zombie apocalypse. It's NOT about looks, except maybe reminding some folks that you're ok with being more [email protected]$$ than they are. :cool:

Advertisement

Advertisement