Who Else is Hoping for a Redesign for Wife's Acceptance?

Will the updated Cybertruck design change your reservation decision?

• I will never buy the Cybertruck. The specs aren't good enough.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rlhamil

First Name
Richard
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Trans Am WS6, 2007 PT Cruiser GT
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm definitely on board IN SPITE OF how the truck looks. I am the type of person that wants to be invisible most of the time. But I would not want to trade standard truck looks for paint and less functionality and a higher price (looking your way, Rivian).
You want invisible, get a camo wrap.

Say, that's not a bad idea.

Advertisement

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Why does this have to be a man thing. Back off bozos if your wife has no taste not my problem. I'm the wife and my husband likes it too. It's my truck.
Marcia,
Hi and welcome to the group! Great to see and hear female perspectives! I personally took the original post differently then you, I think. I saw it as Bob saying the truck was hideous looking and he placed blame on his wife for them possibly not getting the truck, if it doesn't have changes to HIS liking. Notice how he uses "I" throughout, and then places his wife as the the person with a problem. Then again he stated "WE" have a problem, if we get TRIGGERED by him saying the vehicle (we are all excitedly waiting for) is a hideous design. Mr. Anderson isn't making any points HERE!

However, I am waiting to see a hopefully less hideous design (if this triggers you please go bark up another tree) before I'd actually commit to buying. And yes, I understand the functionality of the straight line bends of the stainless to reduce cost, as well as the cybertruck aesthetic. When I say "redesign" I am well aware this thing won't ever look like a traditional truck, but here's the deal......There is no way my wife would ever let us get one w/ the current look.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Why does this have to be a man thing. Back off bozos if your wife has no taste not my problem. I'm the wife and my husband likes it too. It's my truck.
That reminds me of that old Irish Spring bath soap commercial.

I bet you like Irish Spring too! :D

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford F-150, 2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I think there have been and will be marriage wars fought over the Cybertruck. I've been in one over a year now.
I know what you mean! I ordered a tri-motor and a dual motor on my Tesla account for me and my wife. Now my wife insists she's getting the tri-motor. I told her I ordered the tri-motor for myself so if she wants a tri-motor she will have to order it herself. But that would put her hundreds of thousands of reservations behind our existing two orders. This whole fiasco could have been avoided if she had just ordered her own Cybertruck (she has a Tesla account).

I think I might just have to order another tri-motor and sell the dual-motor when the second tri-motor reservation is ready. I bet the $5K this is probably going to cost me will be money well spent!

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I doubt there will be much difference when the update comes out. Your eye won't notice the 3% difference in the pictures.

I think you should cancel your order LOL.....so we can all move up one spot.
August 2022 ETA for me......

OP

Bob Anderson

Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Sonota
Country flag
Marcia,
Hi and welcome to the group! Great to see and hear female perspectives! I personally took the original post differently then you, I think. I saw it as Bob saying the truck was hideous looking and he placed blame on his wife for them possibly not getting the truck, if it doesn't have changes to HIS liking. Notice how he uses "I" throughout, and then places his wife as the the person with a problem. Then again he stated "WE" have a problem, if we get TRIGGERED by him saying the vehicle (we are all excitedly waiting for) is a hideous design. Mr. Anderson isn't making any points HERE!

However, I am waiting to see a hopefully less hideous design (if this triggers you please go bark up another tree) before I'd actually commit to buying. And yes, I understand the functionality of the straight line bends of the stainless to reduce cost, as well as the cybertruck aesthetic. When I say "redesign" I am well aware this thing won't ever look like a traditional truck, but here's the deal......There is no way my wife would ever let us get one w/ the current look.
The funny thing is I started this post w/ my wife sitting next to me adding the
Open up your OP on a Cybertruck forum by telling people who don't agree with you that they should "go bark up another tree," then insulting them as "loyal fanboys," belittling those who don't agree with you, and now huffing that this site is for the "ultra purists".... you really have a way with words, don't you?

If you both think the design is hideous, as you stated in your first post, then why are you attention seeking on this forum? The answer to your question about whether there will be a major redesign is obviously no. Try the Nikola Badger; I think you'll both like that design.
If you read my posts I think it's clear how I would pay for CT. Never was asking for a major design change, just minor changes. One of the big selling points is having a stainless steel damage proof body.

And pretty sure we both agree Nikola is a scam.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Would I spend $50k+ w/o discussing with my spouse? No.

Did I put a $100 refundable deposit down before discussing it? Yes.

I told her about it a month or so ago. Timing is everything.

Unfortunately, the CT may be showing up around the time daughter #1 is getting married. oof.
Talk to her about eloping. Saves everyone a bunch of money and time.

AndrewB

First Name
Andrew
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Dual Motor Reservation
Occupation
IT support & Sys Admin
Country flag
I currently have the CT preordered because the specs are too good to pass up. Price, range, stainless steel body, large interior to travel w/ family, camping, autopilot, and Supercharger network all considered obvious pros.
Have you considered Rivian? If you don't care about price and you are happy to limp along without the supercharger network the Rivian is amazing. Lay down the specs and price side by side and ask her how much she really cares about how it looks.
My serious advice is: Test drive it. Take her to see it in person and drive it.

MRTENNANT

First Name
Tray
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3, Tesla CT on Order
Occupation
Archaeologist
Country flag
This reminds me of the time before I had my Model S I had a Dodge Challenger Hellcat. My son and I were leaving one of his baseball games and one of the dads comes up to me completely serious and says "My wife would never let me buy anything like that" All I could say was "Let you? " I get single income households where yes, you have to work out those decisions, but if you both work and earn your own money, you decide what F-ing car you drive. What a joke. Grow a fucking spine.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This reminds me of the time before I had my Model S I had a Dodge Challenger Hellcat. My son and I were leaving one of his baseball games and one of the dads comes up to me completely serious and says "My wife would never let me buy anything like that" All I could say was "Let you? " I get single income households where yes, you have to work out those decisions, but if you both work and earn your own money, you decide what F-ing car you drive. What a joke. Grow a fucking spine.
My wife would let me buy a Hellcat, but then she'd be the one driving it......

ETA: (^^^^ when you marry a mechanics daughter....)

Diehard

First Name
D
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Frontier, CT2
Country flag
Reminds me of that Dodge commercia:

TheLastStarfighter

Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I currently drive a Challenger and hear that a lot. Most often is kids saying to their dads "can we get one?" and dads saying "mom would never let us kid."

My wife picked out the Challenger. We each pick a car. I was planning on a Charger Hellcat or maybe a Model S until the CT was revealed.

T - Roy

First Name
Troy
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT 2-Motor
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
My wife hates the look of it, but her mom bought the reservation as a gift for me! I have never owned anything but a truck as a carpenter, it is a TOOL for me.

THE "technoking" said he wants the prototype to be as close to production model, I don't see much more than little tweaks here or there, no major changes.

The - affordability, specs, utility, 2 way power for tools, upgraded solar panels, getting rid of my ICE truck, all OUTWEIGH the look of the truck. FUNCTION over FORM. If you are caught up on the looks, then you are not buying the truck for the right reasons.

I will be waiting a while as many of us will be (2 years), I have some time to get my wife warmed up to the looks, she is very reasonable and intelligent, she will appreciate it for years to come!

There is a fine line between "Grow a pair" and a functional relationship.

Can't WAIT!!

Last edited:

Advertisement

Advertisement