Who Plans on Towing? And What is Their Plan?

Dave Lyon

Reaction score
Vehicles
F350
Occupation
entrepreneur
Country flag
Instead of buying some specific "EV" friendly trailer, I would much rather choose from hundreds of different conventional travel trailers and find just the right one for me, then add solar panels to the roof (not difficult or outrageously expensive), and then add a bank of lithium iron batteries (a little spendy, but way cheaper than some "niche" trailer).
I've already got a good size battery bank on my 5th wheel. It's paired to duel 3000 watt hybrid inverters. I can program one of the ports on the inverters to dump extra capacity when the batteries reach a certain level of charge. This will be how I charge my Semi with extra solar, assuming they supply the semi with an onboard 120 or 240 volt charger.
Advertisement

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Will they make yard tools for gardening workers, which you can charge in the bed or the trailer between jobs? Maybe call it the E-Lawn series?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Will they make yard tools for gardening workers, which you can charge in the bed or the trailer between jobs? Maybe call it the E-Lawn series?
They already have them. Most major brands Have lithium ion battery powered lawn tools now.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
They certainly showed a trailer in the Cybertruck launch. Maybe they are going to launch a whole line-up for the Cybertruck out of Texas. Trailer, vault tent, kitchen gear, Cyberquad.

Seems like a stretch, but it would be a good way for them grow margins and ensure an eco-system for truck owners.
IDRA probably stretching a Gigapress for an all-in-one trailer in a single platform casting with LEGO-style options, as we ponder.

Advertisement

Advertisement