Who's going to be the first one to wreck the cybertruck?

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
Any significant malformation damage to the front or rear end is 90% gonna be a total. It will likely be a youtuber prob someone who hits a dip in the back road while showing off to their friends….

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Hopefully, the crash test video will be the first wreck we see. I'm very interested to see what those will show.

Didn't we did notice that the castings were attached with bolts in one video?, but that externals were adhered to the casting with industrial adhesive? I think I saw this in one of Joe Tegtmeyer's videos. What if we get to a design where the whole front section or whole rear section is replaceable (as long as the battery pack and opposite end of the vehicle remains undamaged)? I mean, if the castings are bolted on, just thinking out loud. Now if the castings are both bolted and glued or welded, then all bets are off and reread post #2 above.

- ÆCIII

Last edited:

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Any significant malformation damage to the front or rear end is 90% gonna be a total. It will likely be a youtuber prob someone who hits a dip in the back road while showing off to their friends….
We know about 'Boat Mode' but what about the 'Flying Baja Mode' where someone tries to 'jump' CYBRTRK

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
If I’m real early and one or a few of you know how to package a youtube video together such that all or most of my cost can be recouped, I’ll 100% volunteer to jump my first CT order over and over until its destroyed. I’ve already got good safety gear

OP
OP

Royal Fish

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Country flag
If I’m real early and one or a few of you know how to package a youtube video together such that all or most of my cost can be recouped, I’ll 100% volunteer to jump my first CT order over and over until its destroyed. I’ve already got good safety gear
I call shotgun

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Who is going to be the first to wreck something with the Cybertruck.

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
My guess is that Optimus will have a precocious clone who spent too much time on social media and thinks a CT tictok will get views.

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Hopefully, the crash test video will be the first wreck we see. I'm very interested to see what those will show.

Didn't we did notice that the castings were attached with bolts in one video?, but that externals were adhered to the casting with industrial adhesive? I think I saw this in one of Joe Tegtmeyer's videos. What if we get to a design where the whole front section or whole rear section is replaceable (as long as the battery pack and opposite end of the vehicle remains undamaged)? I mean, if the castings are bolted on, just thinking out loud. Now if the castings are both bolted and glued or welded, then all bets are off and reread post #2 above.

- ÆCIII
IIRC Joe was told not to fly over the crash test site area for a while or be restricted on flying.