Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT dual
Occupation
Catv network engineer
Country flag
seems Tesla is one of the worst for letting customers or potential customers know what's the status on things.
I'm excited with the thought of owning a CT, reserved earlier this year. but no news on anything other than what I've seen on Teslarati or Electrek. Starlink is another example, it's been almost a year and still get "hope to be in your area by the end of the year", yet talk of making it available for airlines. your number 26 in your area out of 250 or something would be nice. people are cancelling the deposits because of lack of info and no way to contact them as far as Starlink goes. I really want my CT, but have started to look at other options to be honest. buying chocolate bars in hopes to find the golden ticket.. with so many people wanting a CT, I wouldn't mind a $1k or $5k deposit. but do the right thing and tell me something, some kind of update without seeing what's new via redit or something.
This isn't meant to be a rant, I really want the CT.. but wish Tesla would do something for the people who've been waiting and trying to be a loyal customer
Sponsored

OP
OP

HansonCT

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT dual
Occupation
Catv network engineer
Country flag
There you go.. you live in Mass too... lol
you got Starlink, yet your neighbors are in the dark, just like I am. All is ask for is transparency, some kind of update. looking up my order number on another post only showed how many people are in the dark and feel we deserve better. chip shortage I thought was due to companies still using old and outdated parts. Tesla made it a point to to make changes to keep going.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s frustrating.

Particularly since this product is so unique and with the price changes in the rest of the line, it’s not even clear what we are waiting for. I can totally understand someone jumping ship.

Getting an electric truck is a bit of a luxury so I an afford to hang out and hope it all works out.

OP
OP

HansonCT

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT dual
Occupation
Catv network engineer
Country flag
It’s frustrating.

Particularly since this product is so unique and with the price changes in the rest of the line, it’s not even clear what we are waiting for. I can totally understand someone jumping ship.

Getting an electric truck is a bit of a luxury so I an afford to hang out and hope it all works out.
not saying I'm jumping, yet.. but if it goes like it has with Starlink, feeling they do as they please. Foxcom has decided to build ev's, the Ocean is a possible option. saying not the only show in town. saying Tesla email those who have put money down something...
the $100 isn't much, but put everyone's $100 in the bank and keep it there for a year or two and that's allot of interest earned. having a reservation hasn't shown your place in line, not that I've seen. not anti Tesla, but as a customer, deserve something.. an update of some kind. no reason for bits and pieces from other sources

OP
OP

HansonCT

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT dual
Occupation
Catv network engineer
Country flag
I'm not sure what they would share or what benefit (to Tesla) there would be to paying people to share that data.

-Crissa
what data? there's been nothing. I've not looked at the R1 or Lightning, but thinking people who made reservations with them got something.
so they removed options from the order page, no dual or tri motor option when placing an order. an email to those who have a tri motor or dual motor reserved should get some kind of update or press release why it's been changed and some assurance for current reservation holders with current status

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
the $100 isn't much, but put everyone's $100 in the bank and keep it there for a year or two and that's allot of interest earned. having a reservation hasn't shown your place in line, not that I've seen. not anti Tesla, but as a customer, deserve something.. an update of some kind. no reason for bits and pieces from other sources
Tesla has $2.5 billion in Bitcoin. They aren’t playing games with people’s pre-order money to earn a few million in interest.

Definitely agree communication has been pretty lousy.

OP
OP

HansonCT

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT dual
Occupation
Catv network engineer
Country flag
What would they say? To what benefit to Tesla?

-Crissa
Sorry, thought was about the people who want to purchase a product. some who have waited over a year and half. at what point is it about the customer and not the company?
saying nothing is wrong. some reassurance or something. I believe everyone here has a vested interest in wanting to get a CT. all I'm asking for is something other than an email with a confirmation number and a ticket to get to the counter that circles a few blocks. some kind of status or update or why changes like the order page. there shouldn't be a forum where everyone throws a dart at the board to see how close they might be to guessing they are right

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
What would they say? To what benefit to Tesla?

-Crissa
“John K, we are starting production on your CT early as a reward for being you.”

Benefit to Tesla… a sale driving up stock prices and company worth.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Stock price doesn't affect Tesla. They're not seeking investment.

They don't have any trucks sell. So no sales are lost.

So it's no impact on the company currently.

-Crissa

OP
OP

HansonCT

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT dual
Occupation
Catv network engineer
Country flag
Stock price doesn't affect Tesla. They're not seeking investment.

They don't have any trucks sell. So no sales are lost.

So it's no impact on the company currently.

-Crissa
Crissa, I'm Not dumping on Tesla, but they suck at saying anything Until your an actual customer . Why I used my waiting forever For starlink. No way to contact Them for any status or info and it shows here as well. Will the person who placed the 1st CT order Please Stand up and let us know what they've gotten since they placed that order?

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
There have been a couple of other vehicles I waited for while they were still on the list to replace my truck that is over 20 years old. Not much info came out on those between when they were officially announced and when the pre-production press events happened. Those had the benefit of not having to build an all new factory from scratch, or dealing with all new technology which speeds up the time line.

We likely wont hear anything until pre-production test versions start being seen driving around.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Any information Tesla shares would always be assumed as a promise to be delivered. No news controls noise and reduces fodder for haters. I expect some substantial news end of 2nd quarter next year. Based on gut, not in the know.
Sponsored