Why so much negative Cybertruck posts & news today?

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
It’s a first model year. Period.
Sponsored

CyberJet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
In my humble opinion, you can't expect everyone to be so positive about it like its the best thing ever when their was a lot of underdelivering with the cybertruck. I think the criticism is good personally as long as its not exaggerating like haters do. With all the criticism, tesla can make cybertruck even better.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
It’s known as the first adopter tax. Virtually every brand new vehicle model has issues during the 1st year of production.

zeroCO2

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 100D, Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
nothing to see here Tesla is a constant source of media and other FUD for either clicks or Big Oil and Big Auto trying to hold onto their dying businesses ...
see bathtub curve for early defects on CT ... if you buy a first model year ..... problems come with the territory ....
1712064554546-uq.png

zeroCO2

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S 100D, Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
And it's Tesla. They have a long history of using early customers as beta testers. There is a reason I waited until 2022 to get my Model 3.
hey JRP3 we miss you over on TMC .... dont let the mods win;)...oh wait banned ? for life?

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
And it's Tesla. They have a long history of using early customers as beta testers. There is a reason I waited until 2022 to get my Model 3.
First gen Tesls have always had issues, but most of them have been fit and finish, windows, sensors, and overall annoying things. Cybertruck is having system issues that ground the truck and that is a big reason it is getting so much negative press.
No one really cares about a rear window button sticking in a MY, but a harness failure that grounds the cybertruck is a big deal, especially at the pricepoint.

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
I get that its april fools but multiple cybertrucks are breaking down some 1 mile from delivery.
Owners here wanting to sell it and can't
News hits on tesla out of auatralia...

Seems odd.
Gramma says, "you'll find what you seek." 👵

moeali

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The real bad news is on ir.tesla.com site in the press release reporting the production and delivery numbers. I am a long term investor and do not get distracted by unimportant news. The ramp of a product will have unpredictable happenings. Tesla will do what they must to improve build quality if there are any issues. The key question is if Tesla can stay ahead of its competition both in the US or around the world.

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
Elon is just trying to crash the price so he can get a larger controlling interest in the company before he changes the world again.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
Elon is just trying to crash the price so he can get a larger controlling interest in the company before he changes the world again.
Trying to crash the price by lowering the price or vehicles but selling less? That seems like a strategy which doesn't make sense.

I think there was a real overestimating of people embracing EVs. Sales volume in the segment is going up, but the growth rate is dropping. There's far too many people who will never buy an EV, it has turned political so facts no longer matter. I don't know if that's Tesla's problem to solve, but the buyer pool needs to expand somehow for the stock to rebound.

eousphoros

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Country flag
Trying to crash the price by lowering the price or vehicles but selling less? That seems like a strategy which doesn't make sense.

I think there was a real overestimating of people embracing EVs. Sales volume in the segment is going up, but the growth rate is dropping. There's far too many people who will never buy an EV, it has turned political so facts no longer matter. I don't know if that's Tesla's problem to solve, but the buyer pool needs to expand somehow for the stock to rebound.
It makes sense if he believes he is capable of or on the cusp of game changing technology or strategy. Even if he isn’t actively sabotaging it, he seems to have had enough influence that not doing anything could ease some of the momentum in the price.

by inaction cause stock price to drop while increasing holdings of company at a discounted price, re-engage and take it to mars. Seems shady but doable in his position.
Sponsored