FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Reading this article, it sounds as if the reporter had been assigned the task of trashing the CT. Definitely, a shill for the status quo (think F-150). Read the article to be prepared but don't let the idiot upset you.

I think his last article may have been "Why We No Longer Need the Model T" since the horse and buggy are doing just fine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...p&cvid=ca04efe5514b4722af04023b44d94cdc&ei=29
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Yeah, definitely an agenda-driven article.

SEER

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, ZR-2, K3500 dually, Cybertruck
Country flag
That’s a funny article! Author says “We” No longer need…
He’s speaking for a small group of ignorants! Mostly Automobile analysts.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Why We No Longer Need The Tesla Cybertruck Anymore In 2023

How often people buy trucks because they need them? I am here becasue I think a better range, faster charging on a better charging network may expand the conditions in which I can use my current truck.

The Cybertrucks Styling Is Just Too Weird For Most

It has not change that much since the reveal. Why is it a news now?

Other Electric Pickups Offer More Functionality And Practicality

It only has to match the specific buyer's needs. It does not need to to be better in every way than all other options. No vehicle ever is.

The Delays Have Taken The Shine Off The Cybertrucks Hype

I think this is true at least for me but once it hits the road, shine can come back on.

The Cybertruck Has A Few Safety Concerns

CT recognizes pedestrian and cyclists and can avoid hitting them more than any dumb trucks. Safety "concern" does not mean it is less safe.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Whether or not someone needs the Cybertruck depends on their individual circumstances and preferences. For example, if someone needs a vehicle with a high towing capacity and long range, the Cybertruck might be a good choice for them. On the other hand, if someone doesn't require those features and prefers a more traditional pickup truck design, they might choose a different vehicle instead.

Ultimately, the decision to purchase the Cybertruck or any other vehicle depends on a variety of factors, including one's personal needs, budget, and priorities.

Brought to you by CHATGPT

o_O ;)

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Definitely reads like an editorial.

questions the success of the vehicle, however, fails to note that every Tesla vehicle made to date is a undisputed category, leader, and success

then QUESTIONS safety of the vehicle with nothing specific to support , so unfounded, and this is coming from the safest brand on record.

I guess there’credibility to the logic that it looks weird, might be a deterrent. This is pretty obvious, and even stated by Elon himself from day one. with the # of orders though — the read is pretty much a fail and a waste of time

But thank you for sharing. as any of us who will soon be driving this should be ready to face some healthy skepticism.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Didn't waste time reading it either. Articles like this may actually nudge people to research the Cybertruck more thoroughly for themselves (if they're intelligent), because these hit pieces always ring harmonic signs of desperate insecurity, resonating "Look over here! Don't look over there!!"

Any time you have unsupported statements sheep will remain, but intelligent people will look and research further. This applies almost constantly to the MSM, so it's a very poor decision for legacy auto (shills or companies) to even use them anymore. But what did Forest Gump say??

- ÆCIII

OP
OP
FarAway

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Yes, ignoring a problem is one of handling it.

Taking the time to listen to the other side's argument (no matter how ridiculous) and responding with an on point, factual and definitive response is another.

Being forewarned, is being forearmed.

I prefer to listen to the criticisms and be forewarned.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Reading this article, it sounds as if the reporter had been assigned the task of trashing the CT. Definitely, a shill for the status quo (think F-150). Read the article to be prepared but don't let the idiot upset you.

I think his last article may have been "Why We No Longer Need the Model T" since the horse and buggy are doing just fine.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...p&cvid=ca04efe5514b4722af04023b44d94cdc&ei=29
I think I'll pass and rearrange may sock drawer instead

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Oh, sure.

There will be guys showing off their builds or repairs; others complaining about how something broke - lost of those - and then newbies who need to find the solutions others already have.

I've been on Mazda forums and motorcycle ones.

It'll be different. But there will still be a need. It will be more of a need than a desire, tho.

-Crissa

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I think we will use this forum EVEN MORE than now after we received our CTs. I can see people asking questions regarding accessories, how to resolve various issues, photos of customizations and wraps, and just plain showing off. We will turn this forum from a speculative environment to a factual and helpful environment.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
:p
After we get our hands on the wheel, the name of this club/forum will actually make sense.

But I'm not complaining about the name. The more correct name: BiddingMyTimeByTalkingAboutItUntilThereCanBeAnActualCyberTruckOwnersClub is a bit too long.

Seriously, I think the forum will provide a LOT of practical help when we are owners.
Sponsored