Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
You guys think any of these will be close at all to what the Cybertruck actually looks like when it's revealed?

Tesla Cybertruck Will any of these Cybertruck renderings be accurate {filename}

Sponsored

KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag
Here's a couple of my renderings/guesses...

Tesla Cybertruck Will any of these Cybertruck renderings be accurate Tesla-Cybrtrk-SQ

/QUOTE]

Nice work. I wouldn't be surprised at all if it came out as something in this general style and form. Especially the greenhouse, which looks just like the teaser image.

Deleted member 105

I really hope it's closer to this one than any of the others I've seen so far:

Tesla Cybertruck Will any of these Cybertruck renderings be accurate Tesla-Cybrtrk-SQ

BLADERUNNER

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, M809 6x6
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I'm hoping it looks like this. And interesting theory about two different Cybertrucks in the invite image.

I hope it is a cab over with commercial/heavy duty use in mind. If it is anything like a Honda Ridgeline I will never buy one. Not heavy enough, just a lunch box hauler.

Shaeh

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
disco
Here's my thoughts on the truck:
  • The passenger cabin will overhang to the front. Counter-intuitive for trucks because many want "clearance", but Tesla will overcome this with a wedge design. The cabin will be a full greenhouse style.
  • Front door will be a "suicide" style door, rear door will be standard. Will be a door to get into the rear bed of the truck
  • The truck will sit very high, it will have fold-away ladders.
  • The front will have a hatch door with a tunnel into the rear bed for extra long cargo
  • The rear bed will be on tracks and the rear drive-train will be attached to the external "skeleton" so that the rear bed can move up and down. This is to make it easier to load cargo in such a tall sitting truck.
  • Rear bed will also be easy to swap to other styles (closed cargo, flat bed, etc) and will come with swap-able battery storage.
  • Rear gate will be multi-hinged and fold all the way to the ground to form steps/ramp to make it easier to wheel in heavy cargo.

Attachments

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
I hope it is a cab over with commercial/heavy duty use in mind. If it is anything like a Honda Ridgeline I will never buy one. Not heavy enough, just a lunch box hauler.
I read that Musk is pitching the Cybertruck to the military so this thing is gonna be tough as nails. No way it'll be a crap unibody truck-in-name-only like the Ridgeline since it'll built on a skateboard chassis and will thus be body on frame construction. And it's gonna be at least F-150 size. (y)

cybrtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram3500
Country flag
Bought my ram3500 on capability and looks was a nice side benefit. If the Cybrtrk performs, it can be unconventional all day long.

BLADERUNNER

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, M809 6x6
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I read that Musk is pitching the Cybertruck to the military so this thing is gonna be tough as nails. No way it'll be a crap unibody truck-in-name-only like the Ridgeline since it'll built on a skateboard chassis and will thus be body on frame construction. And it's gonna be at least F-150 size. (y)
I read that as well and saw that musk reacted to the article on twitter saying he did not pitch it to the military, he just mentioned it during his starlink pitch to them but it wasn’t anything serious. I will be very surprised (happily) if it is anything close to a military vehicle. But here’s to hoping cheers ?

Erich Asch

First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 335is, Mazda RX-8
Occupation
Creative Director, Professional Photographer
Country flag
I have a new guess based on the guy in Twitter saying there are two trucks.... I'm guessing it's the same truck model in two different settings. One setting is low for everyday use and the other is raised for off-road and performance.
Tesla Cybertruck Will any of these Cybertruck renderings be accurate Tesla-Cybrtrk-high

BLADERUNNER

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, M809 6x6
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Tesla Cybertruck Will any of these Cybertruck renderings be accurate 94FBFE6B-2498-42FC-AB92-1F953C99A9BD

I think the body will be similar to this overall shape, I hope it takes on a lot of these details - hopefully not the tandem axle for cost sakes. The body shape like this will be the most efficien in my mind. Can make trucks, vans, and other commercial vehicles on the same unibody platform.

KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag

I think the body will be similar to this overall shape, I hope it takes on a lot of these details - hopefully not the tandem axle for cost sakes. The body shape like this will be the most efficien in my mind. Can make trucks, vans, and other commercial vehicles on the same unibody platform.
That general shape would be nice but those details are way too radical and scifi for popular appeal. Which might be what Musk is after if his goal for the Cybertruck isn’t mass sales. More like an enthusiast only truck rather than a work/duty/commercial pickup like the F series.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.