Will Covin19 delay the Cybertruck build?

• Yes - some impact

Votes: 24 63.2%
  • No - Covid-19 will have a vaccine in time.

Votes: 14 36.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CamrCybT

First Name
Cam
Reaction score
Vehicles
Octavia VRS
Country flag
If the entire world is wiped out, sure!
Not at all, just the number of people who have had the virus. Only a small percentage with lower immunities will be unlucky = I.e. don’t spread it to your parents/grandparents/cancer patients/asthmatics etc. The key point being that there are no symptoms for~5 days but you’re still spreading it.

Cougs

First Name
JB
Reaction score
Vehicles
subaru
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
Elon is now busy helping out the nation developing medical instruments like respirators. Tesla donated a lot of masks, respirators, etc...to the state of California and the nations hospitals. Once this crisis is gone, I am sure that Tesla will pick up the pace. The company now needs our support to go through this period by keeping its stock at a good level and hope that US employees will go back to work soon. we all are in this together and hope that we will live to tell.

Cibrtrk

First Name
Larry
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Chevy Bolt, 2008 Mazda CX-9
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
"Tesla must obey the “shelter in place” order put into place in the San Francisco Bay Area and is not allowed to build new cars at its Fremont factory, according to the Alameda County Sheriff’s office."

They are allowed essential operations like payroll.

Shutting down will likely delay Cybertruck. Unless engineers are running CAD/CAM at home on their laptops.
Funny that you added that last line. As a long-time CAD guy, I can assure you that they ARE running that software at home. However I don't think it will help much to keep the assembly line running. ;)