Will Cybertruck put Tesla on the radar for the common man?

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Hybrid Toyota Avalon, Hybrid Toyota Camery, Honda Odyssey
Country flag
It may surprise you, it certainly surprises me, but most people I work with have little to no idea about Tesla cars. I work in a hospital in northern Minnesota in a area that is very “Green” and environmentally friendly. I work in the operating room, and throughout the hospital and have for over a decade. Without going into too much detail I have contact/ conversations with over 200 people in the space of a week or two. 95% have little to no idea about Tesla. Sure some of the 95% know Tesla sells cars; a few more know it’s a EV, but are clueless to what that is.
BecauseTesla doesn’t advertise. I think the CyberTruck, on the open road, is going to raise Tesla awareness/EV awareness to a game changing new level. It’s not going to be just another (insert color here) colored vehicle on the road-something that they just don’t notice. With the Cybertruck, the “what is that!?” Factor raises the awareness/ curiosity and opens the door to a lot more talk about EV’s and Tesla. at least in my area.
(note: there are 5-8 Tesla’s in out lot, all models represented, yet most didnt know they were EV till the owners and I talked about them.
am I alone in these thoughts?
How is it where you live (obviously Californians are more in the know).
Sponsored

Last edited:

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
The Tesla brand is known in Saskatchewan however it is kinda pitied for its lack of range and ignored as a possible vehicle for use. The CT will be ignored for the most part because it looks so different. Here is a video further explaining my point.

I am going to be the talk of coffee row for this purchase.

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
I work at a small critical access hospital in rural eastern Montana, in Miles City. No Teslas other than my Model 3 in Miles City, that I know of. In fact, we have, by estimates, only 20-30 Teslas in Billings, the biggest city in the state. In any case, without me saying a word, and within a few days of showing up, my Model 3 was the talk of the hospital, even local law enforcement knows/talks about my Tesla. There is already interest/discussion about the Cybertruck. Point is I've been more than a bit surprised at the level of interest/knowledge about Teslas in rural Montana. Course I'm sampling mostly employed professionals.

OP
OP
Northlander

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting how fast the word of your planned purchase traveled , the younger generation readily adapts to change. My moms VCR would still be blinking the wrong time, like it did for years, if she still had it. ( Yes, I fixed it, but a thunderstorm would always knock it out if wack).

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-Motor Cybertruck, P3D- Tesla Model 3 Stealth Performance, 4Runner TRD/ORP, F350 diesel dually
Country flag
Kids all seem to know about Teslas..........

OP
OP
Northlander

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
?

PACEMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm still trying to decide the best spot to mount my 8-Track tape player in my Model 3. Any advice?
Sponsored