Will it Fit in My Garage or a Standard Parking Space?

Aztlancito

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag
Sponsored

Deleted member 3884

The Cybertruck maybe will fit in your garage. It depends.

According to what specs I can find. They Cybertruck is 231.7 inches long, and 75 inches high. I guess I have a deeper than normal garage. The Cybertruck will fit but the front bumper will probably touch my work bench. I've measured a few times.

In comparison, F150s come in several different sizes based on trim.
An F-150 XLT 4WD SuperCrew with a 6.5' Bed comes in at 243.5 inches long. My coworker drives a similar truck and parks fine in the company parking lot. We have normal size parking spaces. My coworker has also taken his truck through car washes.
We should be good with parking spaces and car washes in the Cybertruck.

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
A standard parking space should be just fine for the Cybertruck, as for a garage, it would completely depend on the size.

The Cybertruck will be roughly 3% smaller than what we have seen, but it's still a truck. The Cybertruck was supposed to be roughly 232" long by 80" wide. If you measure your garage and it's at least those dimensions, it will fit. If your garage is not any bigger than those dimensions, you'll have to make use of the summon feature to get it in and out of the garage, but at least you'll know it will go in unless Tesla threw away the idea of making it 3% smaller.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
The Cybertruck maybe will fit in your garage. It depends.

According to what specs I can find. They Cybertruck is 231.7 inches long, and 75 inches high. I guess I have a deeper than normal garage. The Cybertruck will fit but the front bumper will probably touch my work bench. I've measured a few times.

In comparison, F150s come in several different sizes based on trim.
An F-150 XLT 4WD SuperCrew with a 6.5' Bed comes in at 243.5 inches long. My coworker drives a similar truck and parks fine in the company parking lot. We have normal size parking spaces. My coworker has also taken his truck through car washes.
We should be good with parking spaces and car washes in the Cybertruck.
My current truck, an F-150 w/8' bed, fits fine in the garage with room to spare even with an ocean kayak on top (8' door), the CT will still have 50" to walk around the front. See no problem. Mountain out of a molehill.

OP
OP
Aztlancito

Aztlancito

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag
ok, i measured my garage and it’s 235” deep (woo hoo!). my F-150 standard cab (no back seats) with a 6.5’ bed fits in there fine and it’s about 80” wide. i fit a honda civic sport touring in there with the F-150 as well, so i’m hopeful. you’d think Elon & co. would ensure the CT will be street legal (mirrors, bumpers, headlights, etc.) and compatible with US size restrictions to boost sales, though it seems we’re gonna buy this awesome vehicle no matter what : )
thanks for your responses!

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
ok, i measured my garage and it’s 235” deep (woo hoo!). my F-150 standard cab (no back seats) with a 6.5’ bed fits in there fine and it’s about 80” wide. i fit a honda civic sport touring in there with the F-150 as well, so i’m hopeful. you’d think Elon & co. would ensure the CT will be street legal (mirrors, bumpers, headlights, etc.) and compatible with US size restrictions to boost sales, though it seems we’re gonna buy this awesome vehicle no matter what : )
thanks for your responses!
So the Cybertruck was always a good size. even without a reduction, the size wouldn't have been a problem since Tesla has 5 amber lights shown on the top light bar when it was driving on stage at the unveiling.
As for mirrors, there is no chance Tesla will be selling the Cybertruck without mirrors if it is going to be a problem. This obviously has been a huge subject across forums and on Twitter so Tesla is for sure on top of it and has all the information. Either this won't be a problem and the Cybertruck will be delivered as is, or it will be a problem and they will add mirrors (hopefully fully removable) on the final product.

I believe Tesla had already looked into this before the unveiling at all. Just months before the Cybertruck rolled out on stage, the NHTSA announced that they were looking into cameras in place of side mirrors. It's already approved in other countries such as Japan, and an even older study by the NHTSA showed mirrors compared to cameras in several tests and while they didn't make a conclusion in the study, the cameras were a clear winner in every scenario.

I would be surprised if i see side mirrors on the Cybertruck when they show the final product.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aztlancito

Aztlancito

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Occupation
lawyer
Country flag
So the Cybertruck was always a good size. even without a reduction, the size wouldn't have been a problem since Tesla has 5 amber lights shown on the top light bar when it was driving on stage at the unveiling.
As for mirrors, there is no chance Tesla will be selling the Cybertruck without mirrors if it is going to be a problem. This obviously has been a huge subject across forums and on Twitter so Tesla is for sure on top of it and has all the information. Either this won't be a problem and the Cybertruck will be delivered as is, or it will be a problem and they will add mirrors (hopefully fully removable) on the final product.

I believe Tesla had already looked into this before the unveiling at all. Just months before the Cybertruck rolled out on stage, the NHTSA announced that they were looking into cameras in place of side mirrors. It's already approved in other countries such as Japan, an even older study by the NHTSA showed mirrors compared to cameras in several tests and while they didn't make a conclusion in the study, the cameras were a clear winner in every senario.

I would be surprised if i see side mirrors on the Cybertruck when they show the final product.

OP
OP
Aztlancito

Aztlancito

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT
Occupation
lawyer