Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
GVWR is 6300 #. According to airstream.com.
Single motor CT towing capacity is 7500#.
Dual motor towing capacity is 10,000#.
Trimotor towing capacity is 14,000#.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Can CT tow a 23' Airstream?
A 29' has a 6000 gvwr (for 29D per dealer, apparently more per airstream) and unit base weight of 4761. The single motor can supposedly pull 7500+ pounds. Considering how much you can put inside an Airstream and the mileage from a single motor, I think a single motor is doable though not recommended.

Cybertaxi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor x3, Dual Motor x2
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
I sell Airstream occasionally...

The GVWR seems to be no issue for that size if you go with the dual or tri motor CT. The tongue weight is often what stops a truck from being able to tow a trailer, but with the adaptive air suspension I would suspect that CT is above average in that department (at worst).

So yes a 23' Airstream should be no issue, although if you have the single motor it may be cutting it close and limiting how much gear you can pack. They say an average weekend camper packs roughly 150lbs per person, and that's if you're headed somewhere with running water.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
Yes, it can.

I have a 1970 Airstream Overlander trailer. It's rated around max gross of 7500 (per axles weights). It actually tows beautifully. The jelly bean shape makes it more efficient than towing my Featherlite car trailer.

I'm very much looking forward to towing the Airstream with the CT. It's going to look awesome!

It won't, however, tow better than my 2wd diesel Ram dually.

But the CT will be able to tow it.
Sponsored