Will the Cybertruck fit in automated Car Washes?

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Simple question for the group... I use automated car wash stations quite regularly now and then follow-up with a good vacuum. Since the dimension of the current design is a beast, was wondering if you think it will fit in the car washes okay? If I have to go back to manual car washes, I will have to pop a couple more motrins. :)
Sponsored

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
If an F-150 fits, then a Cybertruck will fit. I've seen plenty of Chevys, Rams, and Fords going into our local wash.

I'll probably look more into real, actual DIY detailing kits and washes. I mean, I have a child. He's gotta have something to do. :unsure:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Simple question for the group... I use automated car wash stations quite regularly now and then follow-up with a good vacuum. Since the dimension of the current design is a beast, was wondering if you think it will fit in the car washes okay? If I have to go back to manual car washes, I will have to pop a couple more motrins. :)
What is a car wash?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I know we have talked about this before but I also get my car washed after playing and it has a single track for one wheel. I am assuming 5he same; that if a full-sized truck height will fit the so will the CT. The tires are standard off-road tire sizes. I guess I’ll go less often though.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
What is a car wash?
A place you take the layer of salt and dust off your vehicle so you can see out the windows again, and blow the rocks and mud from your wheels so you can get back up freeway speeds.

Hey also vacuum the crumbs and sand from the floor mats sometimes.

-Crissa

CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
Yes it should, plus it *should* wash and and dry quick due to the design. Caution!!! Ensure bed cover is up before going it, otherwise you will leave with a free swimming pool.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
otherwise you will leave with a free swimming pool
Unless that's the objective! :)

My Tacoma has two pencil-diameter drain holes close to the cab and water flows under the tailgate easily. The drains close to the cab constantly clog up with debris, so I hope that's something the CT will handle better in cases where water does get into the bed.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Unless that's the objective! :)

My Tacoma has two pencil-diameter drain holes close to the cab and water flows under the tailgate easily. The drains close to the cab constantly clog up with debris, so I hope that's something the CT will handle better in cases where water does get into the bed.
I know the pain of unclogging those holes! Eventually the bed rusted a larger hole and now I just just leave them clogged.

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Eventually the bed rusted a larger hole
I have never peeked under my bed liner...

Let's hope this is a non-issue in about 12-18 months. Calculator estimates my delivery to be October 2022 (I ordered next day). I'm hopeful that's an under-estimate/over-achieve situation...

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
A place you take the layer of salt and dust off your vehicle so you can see out the windows again, and blow the rocks and mud from your wheels so you can get back up freeway speeds.

Hey also vacuum the crumbs and sand from the floor mats sometimes.

-Crissa
and dog hair...

bmckee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Tesla Model 3, Cybertruck (Soon)
Occupation
IT
Country flag
In the demo, Elon showed it lowering the back end of the truck so you can get toys in and out easy. This would be an excellent way to empty the bed of any and all items not wanted.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
In the demo, Elon showed it lowering the back end of the truck so you can get toys in and out easy. This would be an excellent way to empty the bed of any and all items not wanted.
With the tri-motor, you could just lower the rear gate then get in and hit the accelerator hard. Everything in the back will be out right quick.

rjtumble

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche, Subaru Forrester, Ford Focus, 1932 Deuce Coupe
Occupation
Computer Support
Country flag
Along these lines, I wonder how well the SS will handle typical car washes. Will it swirl like paint? Will it get scratched? Shake it off? I don't think it will have any problems fitting in one.
Sponsored