Will the Cybertruck start as a 2025 Model?

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
It was pretty clear from the beginning that the Cybertruck was never going to be produced in 2021. For the last 6 months 2022 looks like a no go as well. While mid to late 2023 is possible, there are always unexpected problems that can arise. Given Cybertruck is an unprecedented vehicle it's certainly possible things don't go perfect and it comes out late 2024. So I'm thinking 50/50 chance it will be a 2024 vs 2025 Model when it is finally sold. I remain optimistic it won't be cancelled completely but you never know.
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
It was pretty clear from the beginning that the Cybertruck was never going to be produced in 2021. For the last 6 months 2022 looks like a no go as well. While mid to late 2023 is possible, there are always unexpected problems that can arise. Given Cybertruck is an unprecedented vehicle it's certainly possible things don't go perfect and it comes out late 2024. So I'm thinking 50/50 chance it will be a 2024 vs 2025 Model when it is finally sold. I remain optimistic it won't be cancelled completely but you never know.
given the CT has been waiting on 4680 cells and IDRA to deliver the press necessary for it, the delay is engineering, not the desire to build it. it won't be cancelled and it never was going to be cancelled as the pieces are coming together.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
You are not optimistic, that's called pessimistic.

If you are going to project a 2024-2025 release timeframe you will need to provide a shred of supporting evidence. You provide none, you just picked a date and made the claim.

The most likely first sales will be in Q1 next year (according to the company who is actually setting up the production facilities as you make your sweeping predictions). The fact that it's been pushed back previously does not change the fact that this is the best estimate we have.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
You are, simply put, full of it. The slowest rollout in recent history was the Model 3 and that one took Tesla nearly 2 years. The Model Y admittedly shares a chassis and many parts with the Model 3 but began deliveries 8 months ahead of schedule. The Roadster and Semi are different issues. Tesla has had 3 years this November to build the Cybertruck. They know how to do everything they need to do and they will be producing 4680 cells before the mid year. There is nothing in what you say that aligns with reality.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla is building a 1,000,000 square foot factory for Cybertruck production.

What exactly are they going to do with that idle square footage for the next 4 years?

Ping pond tournaments?

Ice skating rinks?

Mega BMX/ skate park for employees?

Build a test track for the Model Ys on rainy days?

Parking Elon’s private jet?

All of the above?

Last edited:

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I predicted long ago that the Cybertruck may not be built until Q2 or Q3 of 2023. But your estimation is downright Armageddon thinking.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
September 2022. Calling it. Until I'm wrong and then I'm calling it again till I'm right. Then, of course I'll tell the story of how I saw that CT across the other side of the room and told my friend, "I'm going to marry that truck" and we've been together ever since.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
September 2022. Calling it. Until I'm wrong and then I'm calling it again till I'm right. Then, of course I'll tell the story of how I saw that CT across the other side of the room and told my friend, "I'm going to marry that truck" and we've been together ever since.
I checked the zodiac and you are right. CT is definitely a Virgo.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
2025? I think you're thinking of the Silverado. I saw on their forum that people who reserved within 5 minutes of the reveal got a confirmation of a 2025 truck built in 2024. That's before any delays.

Canceled? That's ludicrous.
--------------

I can't believe the hit pieces on the Cybertruck lately on Facebook, the automotive journals, etc. I doubt that the general audience remembers/realizes that Covid, and the resulting supply chain problems added to the Tesla stated 4680 dependency (and building a factory) for starting production.

Some Tesla sanctioned communication can't come soon enough.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
2025? I think you're thinking of the Silverado. I saw on their forum that people who reserved within 5 minutes of the reveal got a confirmation of a 2025 truck built in 2024. That's before any delays.

Canceled? That's ludicrous.
--------------

I can't believe the hit pieces on the Cybertruck lately on Facebook, the automotive journals, etc. I doubt that the general audience remembers/realizes that Covid, and the resulting supply chain problems added to the Tesla stated 4680 dependency (and building a factory) for starting production.

Some Tesla sanctioned communication can't come soon enough.
Next Wednesday is the day! ? ? ?? ? ?????

Last edited:
OP
OP

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
Tesla is building a 1,000,000 square foot factory for Cybertruck production.

What exactly are they going to do with that idle square footage for the next 4 years?

Ping pond tournaments?

Ice skating rinks?

Mega BMX/ skate park for employees?

Build a test track for the Model Ys on rainy days?

Parking Elon’s private jet?

All of the above?
As was already known- Musk announced "hopefully next year"- 2023. So hopefully still on track for CT to start as a 2024 Model. Of course he wasn't definitive on start date so we still can't rule out CT starting as a 2025 Model. I'm sorry if my rational thinking clashes with the general ridiculously blind enthusiasm on this site. My brain isn't wired that way.

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
2025, maybe, if the Chinese provide some competition for the 3 and Y, by then.
?
Sponsored