Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Everyone I've seen talking about the van mentions that it is specialized for disabilities. Then they go on to mention that it will use FSD. Like it will be using exclusively FSD.

I'd potentially like a van with a steering wheel and pedals though. I wonder if those will be available.

OP
OP
Richard V.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Everyone I've seen talking about the van mentions that it is specialized for disabilities. Then they go on to mention that it will use FSD. Like it will be using exclusively FSD.

I'd potentially like a van with a steering wheel and pedals though. I wonder if those will be available.
Yes Reg, the video talks about disabilities and FSD. But I would not own a vehicle that I cannot drive myself. "They will have to pry the steering well of my dead hands :cool:" I am not sure I will be saying the same thing when I am 80/90+ if I make it there.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Will there be a Tesla Van? C8B04C93-481A-4347-9DFA-8AC3F73BACA3

VW mindshare in the van sector is similar to Tesla’s mindshare of EV. Porsche S.E. squander their greatest advantage chasing EV cars. VW A.G. need leverage the EV equivalent of the mindshare it still owns the most - VW Bug and Van.

Van emotional attachment is the greatest of all vehicles, longest held and most loyal customers to brand. Tesla gets a van design spot-on married to its tech - VW’s runway shortens.

Tesla gets an affordable sub-$20k BEV i.e. Bug-EV - VW’s brand is looking long in tooth, as in last century. VW’s designs for its new van but that was years and years ago. The Bug form factor was an aerodynamic nightmare even though its imagery VW iconic.

Tesla tore that iconic lesson out of VW scrapbook with Cybertruck. Henrik exemplified “sleek” with his Model “S” version of the Fisker Karma for Tesla. What say ye?

are van’s retro?
Tesla Cybertruck Will there be a Tesla Van? BADEE23A-235D-48C9-ABA1-2645D4D0281F

Mellored

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 -> Cybertruck Tri motor
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Elon has mentioned they will cover "all the basic form factors" when asked about a van.

Just don't expect it any time soon. At minimum, I would say they announce it in 3 years and deliver in 5. And I expect the cheap city car first.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
This is an untapped market segment for Tesla. My hunch is that Tesla is secretly working on a concept van and it will be revealed to the public in 2023. A stainless steel Cybervan would be a huge success.

Tesla Cybertruck Will there be a Tesla Van? 1635371501021

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Vw plans to bring their vintage bus styling back in an ev format.
I posted a picture of their current “VW .Buzz” in retro styling above. They have fallen way short of recapturing their old mojo.

They should talk to Canoo about van styling.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
"We're going to need a bigger battery"

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I posted a picture of their current “VW .Buzz” in retro styling above. They have fallen way short of recapturing their old mojo.

They should talk to Canoo about van styling.
I agree when it was initially announced, I think their mock ups looked more retro. The current photos on their website are hideous and too modern of a take on the retro style. Also less bus, more van than my liking.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Matching the safety bumper to the ID.buzz looks was always going to be tough.

-Crissa
This is one of those classic moments in the auto industry where the production vehicle falls hopelessly short of the concept vehicle. You know… the situation Musk makes fun of when he releases vehicle introductions which are nearly identical to the final product.

Of course… if that low-res video is right and the Cybertruck does sport the tadpole look I think some heads are going to explode :ROFLMAO: