Will Twitter be incorporated into the Cybertruck? [NOT YET LOCKED DUE TO POLITICS BUT GIVE IT TIME]

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Will Twitter be incorporated into CT/other Tesla vehicles via voice-to-message app (or otherwise for killing a few minutes charging)?

Woops I forget.. I am from Kentucky, so if I may also add, 'ya reckon'?
Sponsored

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
Will Twitter be incorporated into CT/other Tesla vehicles via voice-to-message app (or otherwise for killing a few minutes charging)?

Woops I forget.. I am from Kentucky, so if I may also add, 'ya reckon'?
I personally see no need to integrate Twitter into a Tesla. We can already get on Twitter from the web browser in a Tesla (I do it almost daily). I can't think of any features that would work better integrated more tightly into the vehicle software.

OP
OP
Macgyverfever

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Honestly, I was thinking along the lines of ai chatgpt communication which I see Tesla implementing into their Twitter software stack at some point (if Dogecoin makes its way in then why not something useful lol).

That way, you could ask via voice-enabled tweets details about your route or destination, news, stats, etc

OP
OP
Macgyverfever

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Sure, I have used Twitter to send out reports of fallen trees and road closures, but...

...If it's a mess of harmful trolls and misinformation, it's not useful for that anymore.

-Crissa
Let's hope then he's able to purge said trolls/misinformation ay?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If they increase video content as they have been discussing, it might make sense. Definitely for things like Spaces, it would be interesting to have live audio, but difficult to time/ tune in.

Twitter itself tends to have a lot of text though, not super conducive to in cockpit use.

Zinc

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, Tesla Cybertruck order 1 year.
Country flag
Great, all I need is the propaganda machine following me around while I drive. Cutting cable 8 years ago was the best decision but now social media has become their disease spreader.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
When Twitter becomes 'X', it will be a major app for many of us.

I think it will eventually be integrated into the Tesla software.

OP
OP
Macgyverfever

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I think Twitter 2.0 is going to be something people can't quite grasp at the moment, and after playing with chatgpt and Solidity for several hours, I find it hard to grasp the true potential of blockchain (BC) or AI tech. Twitter is merely a platform at the moment, but I think Elon will surprise us all with Twitter as he's done in the past (and remember: he didn't start Tesla; he become the largest shareholder. Sound familiar?). I speculate that's why he showed interest purchasing Twitter in the first place; to further develop and assimilate it into his overall stack. Funny, they even both start with a T.

Also in the context of the Twitter heat, we can go there with the P word all we want (please for the love of F*%# don't) but at the end of the day, Elon is a technologist; I think the P word stuff for him is just comical sugar on top, but it's about what Twitter can and will be transformed into. Not saying he will add it to vehicles, but I just got the ability to open my MYQ powered garage door from the console via freaken OTA update and can't see 'Twitter Auto' not be; I can't help but to also see some sort of Tesla/Twitter relationship being a positive feedback loop for overall profit.

Fyi I own no shares just a 2022 MYP (well technically the bank owns it)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Sure, I have used Twitter to send out reports of fallen trees and road closures, but...

...If it's a mess of harmful trolls and misinformation, it's not useful for that anymore.

-Crissa
I deleted my account.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If they increase video content as they have been discussing, it might make sense. Definitely for things like Spaces, it would be interesting to have live audio, but difficult to time/ tune in.

Twitter itself tends to have a lot of text though, not super conducive to in cockpit use.
Unless they want the NHTSA breathing down their necks they would never allow such a thing while driving. At that point the browser is best and tighter integration is a waste of developer time.

OP
OP
Macgyverfever

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Unless they want the NHTSA breathing down their necks they would never allow such a thing while driving. At that point the browser is best and tighter integration is a waste of developer time.
Allowed features while driving would definitely have to be hands-free (such as responding to messages). The real FSD could allow anything to happen including videos, but I'm not debating that timeline (beer only goes so far)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The only Spaces conversations I’ve had were voice only. NHTSA doesn’t care about voice only.

So long as people aren’t able to navigate around the UI to find another conversation it is no different from live radio or a podcast.

Anything that requires eyes on or interaction would be limited to when you are parked like Zoom is noW.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
As a privately held company, how much free cash flow will Twitter/X eventually generate?

Elon has said it could potentially grow 10 times bigger.. sandbagging again imo.

His enemies had better start looking for cover. !
Sponsored