Broski

First Name
Broski
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Is this assuming first units are all Beast? We don’t know what config will be made first do we?

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
100K might sound expensive, but most other top-trim trucks cost that much. Even if 50k people are still lining up for the Beast, it's gonna take at least 6-9 months for Tesla to clear the initial reservations of tri motors. I don't think Tesla can reach 5k trucks a month until the first half of 2024.

Hello4x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ton
Country flag
I believe Tesla will be making 1,000 Founder Series Cyberbeast CT's.
Does anyone have any insight into this? Does this mean the first 1000 orders for the tri motor will have access or is this an employee, friends and family ordeal?

I hope the early reservation holders have access to the founder edition.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
IMO there is going to be a lot of people waiting for the single motor or dropping out all together.

Before the unveil it was suggested that the conversion rate on the first million would be about 40%. Now with the increased prices and decreased specs, it will probably drop to around 20%

Of that 20%, maybe 10% will be tris so you are looking at 20 k tris sold. They will probably deliver all the tris before they start the duels so someone putting in a tri reservation today will probably get it before the end of the 2024. As far as a duel who knows, it will depend on your place in theh queue.

Fleetwood75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model X, 2017 GMC Yukon
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Country flag
IMO there is going to be a lot of people waiting for the single motor or dropping out all together.

Before the unveil it was suggested that the conversion rate on the first million would be about 40%. Now with the increased prices and decreased specs, it will probably drop to around 20%

Of that 20%, maybe 10% will be tris so you are looking at 20 k tris sold. They will probably deliver all the tris before they start the duels so someone putting in a tri reservation today will probably get it before the end of the 2024. As far as a duel who knows, it will depend on your place in theh queue.
There’s plenty of appetite in the market for a $100k super truck. Not a million units but way more than 20,000!

Makeodds101

First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fj Cruiser
Country flag

I hope they would at least contact a dual motor early reservation holder first, before they allow a cyberbeast reservation holder from the last week

OP
OP
awhehackeur

awhehackeur

First Name
Whehack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES
Occupation
AS Engineer
Country flag
I hope they would at least contact a dual motor early reservation holder first, before they allow a cyberbeast reservation holder from the last week
I hope that would be the case, otherwise it would be unfair to the AWD holders who have been waiting for 4 yrs for their turns. 'Cyberbeast' reservations including 'Foundation' model entered after 11/30 released date should be on the queue sequentially like other reservations, I hope.

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
I think a lot of people are going to change their tri motor to a dual motor, including myself.

Dazureus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'16 Model X, '21 Model Y
Occupation
Software Engineer - Steering Systems
Country flag
I wonder if people will migrate from Tri-motor to AWD because of the front and rear locking diffs on the later vs the front locker and rear dual vector torquing motors on the Tri. Until we know how Tesla implements the traction software on the Tri-motor, seems like the dual lockers will be more appealing to off road enthusiasts.

OP
OP
awhehackeur

awhehackeur

First Name
Whehack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES
Occupation
AS Engineer
Country flag
Tesla just increased the non-refundable Access Deposit from $250 to $1,000 for the Foundation CT series purchasers. I guessed some early adopters of the Foundation CT series are getting cold-feet and abandoning their $250 deposit the last minute.

It looks like there will be more outbound invitation emails to the low RN holders soon since the 1st 1,000 batch of invitations are probably not fully converted yet.

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Tesla just increased the non-refundable Access Deposit from $250 to $1,000 for the Foundation CT series purchasers. I guessed some early adopters of the Foundation CT series are getting cold-feet and abandoning their $250 deposit the last minute.

It looks like there will be more outbound invitation emails to the low RN holders soon since the 1st 1,000 batch of invitations are probably not fully converted yet.
It does look like Tesla is having trouble converting the reservations into real orders. Post-Nov 30th delivery event reservations are already getting invites to the Foundation series as long as they are in the right geographical location. If it was the original price, I'm sure they would have no issue converting them into sales.
Sponsored