Would you delay purchase if the dual motor is first?

If the Dual Motor truck is released first, how long would you wait for the 500+ mile range Tri motor

• Willing to wait 3 months more than that Iā€™d switch to dual

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Recent video claims dual motor truck will be first. If the shorter ranger lower performance truck is first do you still buy it?

Likely hypothetical for most people since tri/ quad will likely follow a year or less after.
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I want the tri-motor, but if I've learned anything from this experience, it's to take what I can get and don't wait on Tesla to deliver on something promised. You'll likely be left waiting much longer then you think. Honestly, buying dual motor and then selling it when tri motor comes out would probably be profitable considering demand.

Deleted member 12457

I think you need to add another question to your poll.

If the least expensive CT is going to cost $80K+, are you willing to keep your reservation or look for a different vehicle?

I heard this is the new bottom line for a CT after watching some reviews of Tesla's last announcements. I've also seen videos on battery price wars so why would the cost of the CT be going up so much?

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
Original launch dates had Dual Motor out a year earlier than Tri-Motor. But there is performance and then there is range... Normally, the longest-range Teslas are not the performance models.

A 500 mile dual motor would be my preference. We will see if Tesla runs both a max pack and a long-range pack on both the Dual and Tri-motor

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I pre-ordered the Dual Motor trim. I plan on purchasing the DM if Tesla doesnā€˜t escalate the new MSRP to the moon.

Due to battery constraints I think we will only see the standard battery pack option at first.

Last edited:

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
I want the tri-motor, but if I've learned anything from this experience, it's to take what I can get and don't wait on Tesla to deliver on something promised. You'll likely be left waiting much longer then you think. Honestly, buying dual motor and then selling it when tri motor comes out would probably be profitable considering demand.
Dang! I wish I didn't agree with you.

NJturtlePower

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3 Stealth Performance
Country flag
If the least expensive CT is going to cost $80K+, are you willing to keep your reservation or look for a different vehicle?
Not a chance in hell that the "base" dual-motor CT is $80k+. I would bet all my TSLA stock on that one. šŸŽ²

Cybertruck always was and still is intended to be a mass market vehicle, and nothing at $80k+will ever be that. PLUS $80k is the cap on the current Federal EV incentive so you can bet the majority of trim will be below that line.

As far as other vehicles...yeah I got some backups depending on CT timing....most likely is a Fisker Ocean Extreme which I will gladly flip 6-month in for the CT.

Deleted member 12457

Not a chance in hell that the "base" dual-motor CT is $80k+. I would bet all my TSLA stock on that one. šŸŽ²

Cybertruck always was and still is intended to be a mass market vehicle, and nothing at $80k+will ever be that. PLUS $80k is the cap on the current Federal EV incentive so you can bet the majority of trim will be below that line.

As far as other vehicles...yeah I got some backups depending on CT timing....most likely is a Fisker Ocean Extreme which I will gladly flip 6-month in for the CT.
I got my info from at the 3:07 mark, $80K-$100K. This is a prediction by the referenced speaker. I've also seen videos saying the CT won't be built in large numbers--ever. Of course everything I've seen could be BS but until Tesla actually releases delivery dates and costs I'm not going to worry about it. Of course, if the costs are significantly higher (like double) I could see a majority of the reservations being cancelled. I can't believe how expensive even regular cars are right now and have to wonder how many people are going to go broke financing a $100K car/truck.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I have a dual and a tri on order. Since purchasing my Lightning I have become very fond of range which my Lightning lacks.

For me I would now prefer the tri but price will ultimately drive my decision. If price of tri is anywhere close to reveal pricing I will take that 1st. If the tri is in the 90 to 100k range I can't see myself going that route.

Last edited:

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

I heard this is the new bottom line for a CT after watching some reviews of Tesla's last announcements. I've also seen videos on battery price wars so why would the cost of the CT be going up so much?
This YTer is going off some other Yter's ridiculous speculation that made no sense.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

I only included realistic options in the poll.

I donā€™t consider a 60% price hike realistic at all. Never have, but trebly so in the current market.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Interesting seeing so many willing to hold out.

This all makes me happy I hedged my bets and put a second later order in. If the dual does come first gives me the chance to try the more affordable option first and upgrade only if needed.
Sponsored