Wouldn't it be great to have some new, real CT news?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I would take anything:

- Feature updates
- Specs updates
- Pricing updates
- Exterior/Interior updates
- Manufacturing updates
- Availability updates
- Options updates
- Regulatory updates

But it would have to come from Elon/Tesla. I will still read and add my 2 cents worth to user-submitted topics but I think that we all need some real news. I do.
Sponsored

samroy92

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, CT Tri/Quad FSD
Occupation
Head of Technology (SW, DevOps, IT, Security)
Country flag
Yeah I think it's fair that we at least see the production candidate build at this point. Elon did mention that the design is finalized. If it is hard to produce candidates without the giga casting machine at least show us some renders w/ the final angles, dimensions, interior design, etc.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I would take anything:

- Feature updates
- Specs updates
- Pricing updates
- Manufacturing updates
- Availability updates
- Options updates
- Regulatory updates

But it would have to come from Elon/Tesla. I will still read and add my 2 cents worth to user-submitted topics but I think that we all need some real news. I do.
Preaching to the choir!

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I would take anything:

- Feature updates
- Specs updates
- Pricing updates
- Manufacturing updates
- Availability updates
- Options updates
- Regulatory updates

Buckle-in the ride for the next 18mos. is going to be like this…

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
at least see the production candidate build
that’s presumptuous.

Cybertruck undercarriage, running gear and electronic brains have been gutted in favor of Quad.
Quad motors independent torque vectoring, regen and braking on all four corners is a total re-gear.
Contoller mapping four independent motors, regen and AI workload factors went up by a factor of 2X. An entire rewrite, compile and test the new stack is an order of magnitude worth of manhours to accomplish in time to meet NHTSB review, validation and testing.
Add-in integration with eAP, FSD and ADAS looks like no Xmas next year.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I would take anything:

- Feature updates
- Specs updates
- Pricing updates
- Availability updates
- Options updates
Tesla likes to dominate the news cycle when they do launches. It generates buzz and gets Tesla free marketing so they don’t have to pay for advertising. Leaking this information out in dribs and drabs means come launch day everything is old news.

Apple does the same. There is a good reason Tim Cook says “We don’t talk about future products”.

- Manufacturing updates
- Regulatory updates
We do get manufacturing updates as part of the shareholders meetings. Tesla isn’t going to give a rundown on which specific machines are installed. They have given us information about the 4680 ramp though, and it’s likely once the Cybertruck pieces are in place they will say as much during the earnings call.

More likely would be someone catching a big shipment leaving IDRA HQ or the drone operators spotting the press arriving.

samroy92

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Tesla likes to dominate the news cycle when they do launches.
It's true. But when they launched the refreshed Model S/X we got renderings of the beautiful interior and exterior changes. Albeit those renderings were released really close to the launch event. I'd just like to see the final product especially since Elon has said the design is finalized.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's true. But when they launched the refreshed Model S/X we got renderings of the beautiful interior and exterior changes. Albeit those renderings were released really close to the launch event. I'd just like to see the final product especially since Elon has said the design is finalized.
Strongly suspect “Final Product” will be extremely similar to one of the current prototypes. Maybe a few minor tweaks, but no big updates. Tesla certainly hinted that the trucks presented at Giga Texas are very close to the done deal.

samroy92

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Strongly suspect “Final Product” will be extremely similar to one of the current prototypes. Maybe a few minor tweaks, but no big updates. Tesla certainly hinted that the trucks presented at Giga Texas are very close to the done deal.
The issue is every single prototype is a little different. Some with a dash screen and a fake interior, some with 4 wheel steer and some not, some with a slightly curved front glass (fremont spotting) and other not. They are still showcasing the original prototype at every opportunity which has a pretty dramatic front fascia difference too.

Anyway wishful thinking... just want to know what the final design is. I'm dropping $100k no matter what :D

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There is no pre-existing tooling or overlap of systems. Austin will be fresh with all new production equipment.

Within a budget, there is an opportunity to build the CT as close to ideal without compromise.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
I would take anything:

- Feature updates
- Specs updates
- Pricing updates
- Manufacturing updates
- Availability updates
- Options updates
- Regulatory updates

It's only been 33 months. Hopefully we get an update in the next 6-12 months. Patience is a virtue.

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would take anything:

- Feature updates
- Specs updates
- Pricing updates
- Manufacturing updates
- Availability updates
- Options updates
- Regulatory updates

Iv been thinking this exact thing for a few days now. The next earnings call is months away and suddenly there isn't much to kill the time with save the same old pricing arguments. Like a poster said a few weeks back, this place is headed back to being on life support.

Im getting tired of analyzing 5 word elon tweets for possible meanings over and over. Coming to this forum day after day without a shred of new news is disappointing. For as long as we have waited, it be nice for tesla/elon to throw us some scraps once in a while. I need to go back into hibernation 🤪
Seems 1st nfl game is taking forever to get here..

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Here’s some real news from Musk himself.

Cybertruck will use T-Mobile and have internet connectivity everywhere in the Continental US via a Starlink connection. It uses cellular spectrum bands so likely not very fast, but should be fast enough to download maps and message people.

Sponsored