Green-Mario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Getting more anger directed at me for being mad than I had towards Tesla here. So.... yikes community. Lets all together take a breath and chill out eh?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Getting furious over here. Now there are multiple example of people with reservations behind mine that have gotten invitations to order. I am in CO and have 2 reservations. Stock holder, owned multiple teslas.... WTAF

Tesla has made this among the most disappointing things in my life. After 4 years of excitement and waiting patiently they f^%king skip me??? WTF! It wasn't free either. I placed $ down 4 years ago for my spot in line, and they are straight up passing over me. I am furious.

RN1127620
RN1127753

Seriously... WTF Tesla.

Anyone else just baffled about what is happening here?? There are not confirm CO orders that are 10s of thousands behind me in the queue. My heart is broken.
It doesn’t appear that anyone here knows what algorithm Tesla is using to make offers. We can reasonably guess that geography is involved but it does seem mysterious. That said most of the RNs we have seen are below yours with only a few above yours.

OP
OP

Green-Mario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
It doesn’t appear that anyone here knows what algorithm Tesla is using to make offers. We can reasonably guess that geography is involved but it does seem mysterious. That said most of the RNs we have seen are below yours with only a few above yours.
Goosfraba

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
This was a paid reservation 4 years ago.... there should be 0 with orders placed that were behind me before I am given the option to order. Again, some of them 10s of thousands. F^%king ridiculous.

This is not defensible and is seriously F%^ked. I have never been this mad at a company.
I am not defending Tesla and I am not your enemy. Whatever their algorithm is, as they get higher in the RNs I suspect that the ‘take’ rate will go down. Just a guess.

if you are this angry write Elon a letter - if you think that might go your way.

I have written him letters in the past and I can only hope that I am not on some black list.

OP
OP

Green-Mario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I am not defending Tesla and I am not your enemy. Whatever their algorithm is, as they get higher in the RNs I suspect that the ‘take’ rate will go down. Just a guess.

if you are this angry write Elon a letter - if you think that might go your way.

I have written him letters in the past and I can only hope that I am not on some black list.
Goosfraba

Last edited:

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Man, sorry. I agree the transparency for how they do send out invites should be more transparent, but there might be more to the story. I didn’t think they saw your name and thought, “let’s really piss of this guy”. But you have a right to your anger. We are here for you buddy. It’s gonna be ok

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Yeah I am not going to write Elon. If Tesla thinks this is an OK way to do business and treat their customers.... I may just break ties from Tesla. Been a die hard fan for over a Decade now. My office is littered with Tesla merch and collectibles. I feel like a complete and total fool.

The magic is broken now that I have been passed over for something I paid $100 each for 4 years ago. Tesla F^&ked up. It doesn't mean anything to them, and they obviously don't care. That is a big part of the problem though. How can a company think its a good idea to do that to their die hard customers? Their shareholders? Their ambassadors? Insane.

Its not hard to send an invite to those with orders in order they were made... There are now confirmed orders all around me where I live that have confirmed placed orders that are behind me in the queue. Again, I can't even begin to explain how furious I am. I feel completely betrayed by a company and their stupid decisions. They took my money for my spot in line. The bare minimum is that they honor that. Passing me over is not acceptable.
Patience Grasshopper. This was a test to see if you were really a die hard fan.

Tesla Cybertruck WTH is Tesla doing.... Screenshot 2023-12-22 at 11.41.14

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Yeah I am not going to write Elon. If Tesla thinks this is an OK way to do business and treat their customers.... I may just break ties from Tesla
not to defend tesla on what might be rightfully frustrating but...

what they are doing now is no different from what they've done with every prior release

which is to say, people who had a lot of emotional energy riding on Tesla following the RN's sequentially, were mistaken in both their expectation and the history of Tesla

which is only to say that it's not like is new, different, or some other Tesla than the one you feel you knew but who are now doing you wrong

the company hasn't changed, your understanding of it might have

Beef Train

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram
Occupation
Home builder/solar installer
Country flag
This was a paid reservation 4 years ago.... there should be 0 with orders placed that were behind me before I am given the option to order. Again, some of them 10s of thousands. F^%king ridiculous.

This is not defensible and is seriously F%^ked. I have never been this mad at a company.
Very frustrating. Presumably there is not an entire shipment worth of early orders in your area. But, I would bet you will be called up soon.

OP
OP

Green-Mario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
not to defend tesla on what might be rightfully frustrating but...

what they are doing now is no different from what they've done with every prior release

which is to say, people who had a lot of emotional energy riding on Tesla following the RN's sequentially, were mistaken in both their expectation and the history of Tesla

which is only to say that it's not like is new, different, or some other Tesla than the one you feel you knew but who are now doing you wrong

the company hasn't changed, your understanding of it might have
Goosfraba

Last edited:
OP
OP

Green-Mario

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If you look at the orders list except for the invites sent out on 12/8 they are 74,75,76,77 now your still in there.
There is also now a confirm 78 in my area, and those are just from those who have entered their details on this forums tracker page. There are plenty, many more that do not frequent this forum.

I am not "in there" they have passed me over. They didn't send me an invite, or give me an option to order while possibly hundreds all around my order number, and well above it got invited to order.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Yeah I am not going to write Elon. If Tesla thinks this is an OK way to do business and treat their customers.... I may just break ties from Tesla. Been a die hard fan for over a Decade now. My office is littered with Tesla merch and collectibles. I feel like a complete and total fool.

The magic is broken now that I have been passed over for something I paid $100 each for 4 years ago. Tesla F^&ked up. It doesn't mean anything to them, and they obviously don't care. That is a big part of the problem though. How can a company think its a good idea to do that to their die hard customers? Their shareholders? Their ambassadors? Insane.

Its not hard to send an invite to those with orders in order they were made... There are now confirmed orders all around me where I live that have confirmed placed orders that are behind me in the queue. Again, I can't even begin to explain how furious I am. I feel completely betrayed by a company and their stupid decisions. They took my money for my spot in line. The bare minimum is that they honor that. Passing me over is not acceptable.
I am on your side with respect to the frustration. I am not angry though. It also isn't about the $100 because, after all, that only reserved me a spot. Yes, I thought it was going to be a queue, but it was never going to be a linear thing and we all know that. I am not trying to lessen how profoundly this has impacted you or anyone else, but maybe we should let this play out a few more weeks before acting in some pre-emptive way. Maybe your RNs are right around the corner! After all you are way, way below me.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I know Tesla's history, and how they have done early ordering in the past. I tick absolutely every. single. box for past decision making data points.

Empty handed and without a single reason why I would be passed up for ordering.

you don't appear to know it's history that well

and the fact that you dont have an invite yet, is self-evident proof that you do not understand whether you "tick absolutely every single box"

here's an example:

at least one RN that has received an invite/order. is an RN that is much later than either yours or mine​
the person with that RN is a xwitter cybertruck influencer fanboi with neary an ill word to say about Tesla nor the Cybertruck​
just based on this thread you've posted, you not being a xwitter influencer is at least ONE box you don't check​

here's another example:

other RNs, outside of either CA or TX, have received not just invites/orders but even their trucks, because they are e.g., the parent of Tesla middle/upper management​
there's another box you haven't checked​
And in these and another half dozen ways, people receiving deliveries outside of CA and TX, people with later RNs than you, etc., may have each and every one (or even with some glitch exceptions), been touched by a golden hand not yet interested in the fact that you own a few cars and shares

it's a truck. it's a corporation. neither care about you the way you care about them.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If you look at the orders list except for the invites sent out on 12/8 they are 74,75,76,77 now your still in there.
This is correct, but it leaves me out in the cold having a 11302 RN. But there are one-offs here and there up higher and I can hope, right? This guy with 11276 numbers must be right on the cusp.
Sponsored