James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Bus operator
Country flag
I cannot get over the morons on you tube that do paid reviews of the other electric pickups and always fail to mention the shitty charging infrastructure of public charging and notably never mention the cybertruck. The guys at out of spec motors and TFL are always praising Rivian and Ford without pointing out the many flaws inherent to both trucks. Why? Because they get the trucks handed to them or receive so many free vehicles they don’t want to rock the boat. So few real honest reviews out there but the ones that are give both trucks barely a passing grade.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
I cannot get over the morons on you tube that do paid reviews of the other electric pickups and always fail to mention the shitty charging infrastructure of public charging and notably never mention the cybertruck. The guys at out of spec motors and TFL are always praising Rivian and Ford without pointing out the many flaws inherent to both trucks. Why? Because they get the trucks handed to them or receive so many free vehicles they don’t want to rock the boat. So fire real honest reviews out there but the ones that are give both trucks barely a passing grade.
Both regularly complain and point out dead EA chargers.

They haven't had the chance to drive a Cybertruck yet, I expect they will sing its praises too as well as point out the better Tesla charging network.

I know TFL gets trucks handed to them so I do take their comments with a grain of salt but they will give negative feedback, to where Ford stopped inviting them for a bit, and with a Chevy that overheated on one of their tests Chevy went back and fixed the design flaw.

I am pretty sure Outofspec doesn't get hasn't used corporate provided vehicles and just borrows them from owners or purchases them themselves.

OP
OP
Xtampa

Xtampa

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Occupation
Bus operator
Country flag
Kyle also skewed a race to Vegas with a Porsche against other vehicles by taking advantage of other drivers range anxiety. He has been loaned lots of vehicles from VW and Ford several time and has nothing negative to say about them. BTW who paid for his trip to Stutgard?

Challeco

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23ModelY,71F250,14Fusion,66Galaxie
Occupation
Medical Technologist
Country flag
This is slightly tangential, but I was approached by a coworker at the end of my shift last night. He saw my Model 3 outside and came to ask me about how I like it. I clocked out at 2am and yet didn't leave for home until 3am. He had so many questions despite his good friend who bought an X (YES, I am envious) and his coworker who owns a 3 (me). I think he wants to buy but he is so stuck on purchase price and range. The F.U.D. has real life effects! These reviewers who are paid to spread the "good word" and ignore the very real issues of the 3rd party chargers are not doing any of us favors. He wants to visit his son across our state, which is easily an 8 hour trip one way on freeway. The current bill for fuel in his truck is $500 each trip. I, too, still have I.C.E. vehicles and I feel his pain. Also, even if he ordered today, he would still be waiting until April of next year!
Tl;dr his questions were based on such a deep pit of FUD that despite both of his friends SHOWING him their Teslas are the best damn cars they have EVER driven he is still not capable of buying one for himself.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I cannot get over the morons on you tube that do paid reviews of the other electric pickups and always fail to mention the shitty charging infrastructure of public charging and notably never mention the cybertruck. The guys at out of spec motors and TFL are always praising Rivian and Ford without pointing out the many flaws inherent to both trucks. Why? Because they get the trucks handed to them or receive so many free vehicles they don’t want to rock the boat. So few real honest reviews out there but the ones that are give both trucks barely a passing grade.
well, North Carolina has a bill to remove all free EV chargers and the bill says they can keep them as long as they install free gas pumps next to them.......wow.....I guess people still want something for nothing

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
well, North Carolina has a bill to remove all free EV chargers and the bill says they can keep them as long as they install free gas pumps next to them.......wow.....I guess people still want something for nothing
What kind of sense is that?

Oh yea. That’s right.

It’s non -sense.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
It’s like some not so bright minds coming up with trying to tax people (Sun) who use the Sun to power their Schools, homes, vehicles and businesses. This kind of thinking is highly cancerous to our communities, and need to be seen as such. The cancer fights hard. Clean energy is the only cure for our planet and our lives.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
It’s like some not so bright minds coming up with trying to tax people (Sun) who use the Sun to power their Schools, homes, vehicles and businesses. This kind of thinking is highly cancerous to our communities, and need to be seen as such. The cancer fights hard. Clean energy is the only cure for our planet and our lives.
Clean energy or not if the government sees they are losing money they will make adjustments to see they get theirs

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I skipped forward to about six minutes, to see if he was going to say anything useful or realistic. I watched about a minute of him whining about signing up for a charging app. What a whiny little moron. I'll have to assume the rest of the video is just as retarded.

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
That video was painful to watch, but I signed up once upon a time and carry the cards and apps with me when I drive. It's not that hard. If I was an EV reviewer you might think you will wanna charge somewhere. It's like showing up for an interview w/o any questions, not good journalism.

That said, I think it may behove us to have Biden see this video as I think putting money into EVgo and EA is CRAZY. Just buy every current CCS EV a Tesla adapter and standardize on those chargers. I guess you might need to have the adapter have an extension on it for cars the Tesla cord won't reach, but CCS is the worst! it would be a lot cheaper than getting every Tesla a CCS adapter, there are a LOT more Teslas in the field.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
The left seems to hate Tesla because they don’t have unions or dealerships. Remember which company Biden did NOT invite to the White House.

EDIT: Intended the above to say "companies."
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.