Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Occupation
Software Arrchitect
Country flag
Mine to.. they are modifying it.. and it has a trade-in estimate now.. kewl..

Still can't configure it.. laughs

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think they split out “Manage Order“ as well? (I pasted it together here)

I don’t think they had a conspicuous Cancel Order link previously either, I think you had to email to do that.

Or maybe I hallucinated the whole thing.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Wrapped in Urban Camo Spotted! (More Photos & Video Added) 1687481726082

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
I don’t think they had a conspicuous Cancel Order link previously either, I think you had to email to do that.
There was a link to submit a request to cancel order there previously but yeah, definite changes within just the past couple of hours. I checked my order page earlier today, maybe 6 hours ago, and it looked the same as it has looked for over a year or more. Mine now looks same as yours and probably most everyone else. Good to see some movement happening.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I think they split out “Manage Order“ as well? (I pasted it together here)

Or maybe I hallucinated the whole thing.
1687481726082.png
Cancel Order has (usually) been there.

-Crissa

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
You are possibly correct. Your statement that “job postings have nothing to do with…” shy of serious internal knowledge, is another assumption, which MAY or MAY NOT be true.

The real question that I posed was; What if the Camo is there to cover a painted truck?

Unless your W-2 at the end of the year says TESLA on it, it is ALL speculation. I’m just suggesting there is an avenue of speculation we haven’t discussed.
You're obviously free to speculate but as others have already explained there is practically no chance of it happening given everything that's been communicated over the years. Maybe there's a remote chance of a black oxide finish but not paint.

I wasn't even referring to the cybertruck being at a base level bulletproof to 9mm rounds, unlike any other vehicle including a hummer. I meant because it is tactically quiet, would save the military immense amounts of money on fuel, is an extremely capable off-road vehicle (capable of standard off-road, far better performance than any current car, capable of floating in water), more capable in every way even than the hummer I suspect, although it was not designed to nato specs, and I suspect when fully speced out is still significantly cheaper than whatever the military is currently using as a transport vehicle.

Not to mention that the military would ask for upgrades that would make it more capable than it is in its base mode.

To be clear, I am not advocating that Tesla make military equipment.

I am surprised that you would misinterpret my statement without first asking for clarification as to what I meant.

update: but mark my words, even if it's not a tesla cybertruck, the United States military will be using electric tactical vehicles within 20 years.
The Hummer (Humvee) was designed to Army program requirements as a military vehicle first and only later sold commercially. In terms of approach, departure and breakover angles it probably won't. There are also many limitations to EV's in those applications (weight, range, charging availability and time).

You'd be redesigning the whole thing, Cybertruck is not a body on frame design which can be easily modified. I did not misinterpret the statement, you mentioned "there is a very obvious appeal of this vehicle to the military" not EV's in general.

Sure, that's not unique to the Cybertruck though. Just about any EV truck will do in that capacity. What people refer to is CT being employed as a tactical vehicle.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Mostly agree. Particularly about durability. But people like to personalize vehicles. You spend $70,000 on a truck and you want it in your favorite color.

Tesla didn’t want **PAINT** because painting a vehicle massively slows down how quickly you can get a vehicle out the door. When you paint a vehicle, you have to a giant clean room for it to dry. That’s time consuming and expensive. If they have a quick/ easy/ automatable way to wrap the truck after it’s done with production, then it might make a world of sense to do it.

That’s a big huge IF though. Most likely wraps will be aftermarket or maybe done at the service centers.

I don’t think this is an indication they are wrapping trucks. I think these trucks are camouflaged for the same reason the Model 3 Highland is camoflaged. There are features of these truck they don’t want to be revealed yet.
At GM, the trucks went through the paint booth and then just kind of into a corral out in the open inside the factory. We didn't have a clean room. Things have probably changed a lot since 1998 though...

EDIT: The corral was basically so the trucks wouldn't be touched while the paint hardened up. I think there were between 10 and 20 trucks in there at all times.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The original Hummer was retired from combat duty because it does not offer adequate protection.

The comments about the Cybertruck being able to stop small caliber bullets was just to illustrate how tough the skin is, not some kind of guarantee.