Trips! Trips! Trips! and More CT Trips! Join me?

Planning very long trip in CT?

• Yes: Europe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes: Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Dual Motor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
I have three long - very long - road trips planned when I get my CT. I think it would be fun to meet up with other CT owners at stops along the trips and to join up for legs. We could travel together in a group, have fun and really turn some heads!

Here are my planned very long trips:
- Winter of 2021/22 starting in CA and traveling to the tip of Florida and back
- Summer of 2022 starting in CA and traveling to Nova Scotia (NE tip of North America) and then to Alaska before heading back to CA
- Winter of 2022/23 starting in CA and traveling to Panama! and back (maybe back :cool: )

Total is about 30,000 miles in my Tri-motor 500-mile range CT.

Anyone interested in meeting up along the way or traveling legs with me?

Anyone else planning long trips?
Sponsored

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
For years I've been thinking about sailboating up and down the East Coast with the dog....changing latitude only so it is comfortable at night. A little hard for the dog to "go for walks." And I didn't want to do it in the "crusty" version.
Soooo... I am thinking of floating on the Cyber Prairie Schooner instead... Following the thermometer...and the dog is feeling a lot more good about it.

OP
OP
Gold Run Ranch Cypertruck
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Dual Motor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
“For years I've been thinking about sailboating up and down the East Coast with the dog....”

mmmm . . . East coast sounds good. Maybe on the way back from Florida, I’ll swing up the East Coast! Maybe I can catch the cherry blossoms in DC.

OP
OP
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Dual Motor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
“For years I've been thinking about sailboating up and down the East Coast with the dog....”

mmmm . . . East coast sounds good. Maybe on the way back from Florida, I’ll swing up the East Coast! Maybe I can catch the cherry blossoms in DC.
People that sail around the world meet up at harbors to visit. We could do something similar with CTs!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
- Summer of 2022 starting in CA and traveling to Nova Scotia (NE tip of North America)
Why stop there? The NE tip of North America would be St. Lunaire -Grique or Joe Batt's Arm both in Newfoundland and the latter already has a Tesla Destination charger.

Well I was hoping to make it to Joe Batt's Arm this summer but I'm not sure I'll even be able to get into Canada.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Why
Why stop there? The NE tip of North America would be St. Lunaire -Grique or Joe Batt's Arm both in Newfoundland and the latter already has a Tesla Destination charger.

Well I was hoping to make it to Joe Batt's Arm this summer but I'm not sure I'll even be able to get into Canada.
Why stop there...I'll start a thread.

OP
OP
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Dual Motor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
Good point. I could catch a ferry and keep going . . . !

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I have three long - very long - road trips planned when I get my CT. I think it would be fun to meet up with other CT owners at stops along the trips and to join up for legs. We could travel together in a group, have fun and really turn some heads!

Here are my planned very long trips:
- Winter of 2021/22 starting in CA and traveling to the tip of Florida and back
- Summer of 2022 starting in CA and traveling to Nova Scotia (NE tip of North America) and then to Alaska before heading back to CA
- Winter of 2022/23 starting in CA and traveling to Panama! and back (maybe back :cool: )

Total is about 30,000 miles in my Tri-motor 500-mile range CT.

Anyone interested in meeting up along the way or traveling legs with me?

Oh yeah! You got my attention. Check out my avatar photo––I'm into long-distance motorcycle riding. I'm praying my BMW 1200GS will fit in the back of the CYBRTRK. (with the tailgate up). Me and my bike and my dog are planning a lot of rides; lots of camping out; lots of hikes. On a side note, google the "Iron Butt Association." Maybe someone could establish a similar group for CYBERTRKs. Although a member of the IBA, I'm now way too old to care about speed. I'm more into smelling the roses and staying off the Interstates. (I'll be 80 when I take delivery of my CYBRTRK.) 'Gimme the back roads every time. On a further side note, if someone wants a fun trip, Google or go to Wikipedia and type in "Trans-Labrador Highway." This is a great ride. I did it this past summer on my GS1200. There are only a few small towns, so a charge will be a problem, but it'll be a neat challenge for the first CYBRTRK. (I suspect someone has already taken their Tesla on this road, even though, as of last summer, it still had 277 miles of gravel.) Oh, Canada has just recently opened up the Dempster Highway all the way to Tuktoyaktuk. It is all gravel, 560-miles. Not sure about charging up on the way, but hey, a fun trip for an adventurous guy in their new CYBRTRK. Good luck. I'll be doing it on my 1200GS when and if this coronavirus thing is over. If anyone wants info on the Trans-Lab, let me know. Oh, I highly recommend touring Newfoundland.

OP
OP
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Dual Motor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
Oh yeah! You got my attention. Check out my avatar photo––I'm into long-distance motorcycle riding. I'm praying my BMW 1200GS will fit in the back of the CYBRTRK. (with the tailgate up). Me and my bike and my dog are planning a lot of rides; lots of camping out; lots of hikes. On a side note, google the "Iron Butt Association." Maybe someone could establish a similar group for CYBERTRKs. Although a member of the IBA, I'm now way too old to care about speed. I'm more into smelling the roses and staying off the Interstates. (I'll be 80 when I take delivery of my CYBRTRK.) 'Gimme the back roads every time. On a further side note, if someone wants a fun trip, Google or go to Wikipedia and type in "Trans-Labrador Highway." This is a great ride. I did it this past summer on my GS1200. There are only a few small towns, so a charge will be a problem, but it'll be a neat challenge for the first CYBRTRK. (I suspect someone has already taken their Tesla on this road, even though, as of last summer, it still had 277 miles of gravel.) Oh, Canada has just recently opened up the Dempster Highway all the way to Tuktoyaktuk. It is all gravel, 560-miles. Not sure about charging up on the way, but hey, a fun trip for an adventurous guy in their new CYBRTRK. Good luck. I'll be doing it on my 1200GS when and if this coronavirus thing is over. If anyone wants info on the Trans-Lab, let me know. Oh, I highly recommend touring Newfoundland.
Mmmm . . . IBA . . . what should we use for long distance CT riding? SSBA? Stainless Steel Butt Association :)

Others have recommended Newfoundland. Looks like I'll need to extend my planned trip!

With the Tri-motor 500+ mile range (hopefully ++ by then) plus fold-out charging solar panels . . . pretty long trips are possible!

Let's join up for a ride and hikes! . . . I'm just a young whippersnapper. I'll be 67 when my CT arrives.

OP
OP
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Dual Motor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
If you cross the TransAmerica Trail on your way east in the Summer of 2022 you may cross paths with our team! Would be great to meet up if schedules align.

www.cyberlandbound.com
Nice website and video! I'd love to join you for part of your trip. Can you make your route available on Google Earth format?

First Name
Cyberland Bound
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cyberlandbound.com
Vehicles
Dual Motor
Country flag
Nice website and video! I'd love to join you for part of your trip. Can you make your route available on Google Earth format?
Thanks! Would be great to see you out there. We'll publicize meet-up points closer to the launch date, and we're always looking for suggestions on locations that work well for cybertruck reservation holders or other folks that are interested in driving along or seeing the trucks up close. We purchased the GPS tracks from the TransAmerica Trail folks (we aren't affiliated with them), and they are available for purchase at www.transamtrail.com.
Sponsored