RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
The engineering is horrible, the gaps are not only visually inconsistent but the doors are not even aligned right.
Well for give or take 30 bucks delivered from China (not the Gigafactory) I didn't expect perfection. Your observations are understood but a little weird unless of course it was just odd sarcasm. That's something I can relate to.
Sponsored

Technolust

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Well for give or take 30 bucks delivered from China (not the Gigafactory) I didn't expect perfection. Your observations are understood but a little weird unless of course it was just odd sarcasm. That's something I can relate to.
It was a little/lot of sarcasm!! Buuuut I’m hoping Tesla doesn’t slack on the details, gaps on all cars should be even otherwise it throws the weight of the car off. Coming from a stamped gigapress version I don’t foresee that happening. Good catch on the sarcasm… I just re-read and realized how someone could take that as an insult… 🤦‍♂️

OP
OP

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It was a little/lot of sarcasm!! Buuuut I’m hoping Tesla doesn’t slack on the details, gaps on all cars should be even otherwise it throws the weight of the car off. Coming from a stamped gigapress version I don’t foresee that happening. Good catch on the sarcasm… I just re-read and realized how someone could take that as an insult… 🤦‍♂️
Tesla does not "slack on the details" and the Giga Press is for the frame (skateboard), not the stainless steel exoskeleton. The Cybertruck will be the most precisely built vehicle ever due to the simplicity of the design, raw material choices and automated assembly.

Not to say there won't be challenges but Tesla gets better at car building every single day and we lucky Cybertruck owners will benefit from all their great planning and precision building. The proof is in the Model Y. It will soon be the most popular car on the planet due to great technology and that model is now the safest car in the world. Don't bet against Tesla ...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Technically, the Gigacastings and structural battery in the Y is a step away from 'skateboard' design by bringing the structure upwards and unified with the safety capsule.

-Crissa

OP
OP

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Technically, the Gigacastings and structural battery in the Y is a step away from 'skateboard' design by bringing the structure upwards and unified with the safety capsule.

-Crissa
Safety capsule eh? I defer to your more granular (accurate) description ...

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I'm not sure there is that much difference between a MY and CT cabin, castings and structual pack. The "exoskeleton" components are yet to be identified IMHO. I think the whole lot has just been rebranded for CT as Tesla goes through its design iterations. Structurally, the latest MY is about as similar to the original M3 as it is to a sardine can.

OP
OP

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hey, don't defer, I don't know what I'm talking about here. I'm just inaccurately quoting Sandy Munro.

-Crissa
I thought my toy Cybertruck and some fun with photography might lighten things up a bit. Guess not ... :)

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Actually, do we think Austin will be the only place they make the CT ?
Personally, that's what I think. Austin has the SS supply nearby, with a new factory practically dedicated to CT SS. and all the machinery set up for CT. CT is kind of a specialty. But I'll never say never! Oh wait, I just did. Dammit. Dammit Jim!
The Austin location has enough remaining space for at least two more full factory buildings and possibly a third building so eventually just the Austin location could build over a million Cybertrucks a year.
Sponsored