How old are Cybertruck Owners Club members?

• Total voters

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Once you got truck, you never go back!

Well, I did with the Model 3, but definitely missing my truck.
Oh i'v owned plenty of trucks. But never bought one new, they have always been older models and for fun (off road or hot rods) or for work, nothing newer than 1985 :cool: Never as a daily driver. But my job has me doing truck things more and more, the Cybertruck cant come soon enough! I have been wanting to transition to EV for years now, nothing made sense for me until the Cybertruck
Sponsored

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
Guess that depends on your definition of "almost perfect"
Distro.jpg

Yes, it is a boring, rainy day here.

But yes, it is the older guys who are the biggest buyers of cars and trucks today. When my generation (boomers) were young getting wheels opened up so many avenues of freedom, so many vistas, so much free space to us that over crowding, draconian laws, political correctness etc. have taken away from the young people of today. They just don't seem that interested in cars and projected sales indicate that.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
The curve makes sense, at my age i have yet to purchase a NEW truck and most of the guys i know around my age do not drive trucks either. If anything its more SUV drivers or cars. Plus in Houston most people i work with drive over 30+ miles a day commute, doing that commute in a pickup seems pointless.

Edit: i am actually surprised the percentage of people in my age group.
This REALLY is not a truck. More and more people that are around it call it a versatile utility vehicle. The Promotion People at Tesla just wanted to hook "Truck guys" into feeling comfortable buying it so they labeled it cyber"Truck".

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
Over the years the Feds have singled out the Medico-industrial Complex as the source of jobs for young Americans instead of manufacturing which they have exported But there are now way more corporate intermediary and administrative/bureaucratic healthcare jobs kicking back to Congress than front line clinical service delivery jobs actually caring for patients. Tesla has shown that this needn’t be the case but their sole US factory in Fremont, CA has no local political clout compared to Alameda County’s healthcare industries which has proven infuriating recently for Elon Musk. You see he shares the following contrary opinion on how best to treat the Covid19 pandemic. It’s similar to the Swedish approach.

https://thefederalist.com/2020/04/0...t-actually-result-in-more-coronavirus-deaths/

He believes that California politicians are interfering with herd immunity as well as the state’s and Tesla’s economic health and welfare as well as Americans’ 5 th Amendment right to life, liberty and property

The problem with modern corporate healthcare jobs is they’re for the most part low paying because they’re derived from other people’s payroll deduction taxes and lead many young adults to buy into job sharing, shift working and renting. Tesla’s products in contrast are generally purchased by people that own homes.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Older guys are pulling ahead. Median age from latest data set is 50.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
This REALLY is not a truck. More and more people that are around it call it a versatile utility vehicle. The Promotion People at Tesla just wanted to hook "Truck guys" into feeling comfortable buying it so they labeled it cyber"Truck".
I guess that depends on your perspective. I see a tough dependable vehicle with a passenger compartment and a cargo bed, Pickup Truck. But i can also see how you are viewing it beyond just a standard F-150 like Truck, i can appreciate that and agree. The CYbertruck is so much more.. and CyberVersatileUtitilyVehicle is a mouthful :LOL:

thejohnllama

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Nissan Leaf, 2007 Toyota Prius
Occupation
Marketing Consultant
Country flag
I guess that depends on your perspective. I see a tough dependable vehicle with a passenger compartment and a cargo bed, Pickup Truck. But i can also see how you are viewing it beyond just a standard F-150 like Truck, i can appreciate that and agree. The CYbertruck is so much more.. and CyberVersatileUtitilyVehicle is a mouthful :LOL:
Haha — if you can hitch trailers, haul loads, and pile up 4x8 sheets, it’s a truck :cool:

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
An F150 with a rolltop bed cover and the CT would be on par with each other in many ways or at least pretty close.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
An F150 with a rolltop bed cover and the CT would be on par with each other in many ways or at least pretty close.
:ROFLMAO::sick::sick::oops:
So just tell me about the suspension and performance of a shugary f-150

Iamdavo

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, 1975 Cadillac Eldorado, Zagato Perana Z One
Occupation
CEO of Worlds
Country flag
Mid 40's here. I've also wanted an ICE alternative for many years. Due to my family size I've owned several mid to large SUVs and I hate the dependency on oil.

I remember back when Honda launched the Element. It has some things in common with the CT. It was an unorthodox design and was marketed as the Swiss army knife of vehicles. I remember Honda expecting it's low price and outdoorsiness would appeal to young people, but by far it's demographic was older people. I wonder if the CT will have the same sort of following.
Amen Blue Steel. It’s funny. Since we have had our Model S I have come to see gas stations as a,relic of the past. Something I won’t miss at all when I am fully converted from ICE vehicles. . This feeling of liviving in the past with gas stations is even more true now during the Corona pandemic. If this forum is any indication, CT will have an incredible following.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
As of this morning with 179 votes tallied median age is estimated at 48.2

Bud

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma, Honda Ridgeline
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
"Old and in The Way" 68 : Need FSD in a few years but doubt they'll have lane guides on the beach.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Waiting for my CT, to take delivery at age 73, I took up e-biking! What a blast! Got an M2S, R500 all terrain commuter model!
Sponsored