Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Tesla predictions;

-Texas will be the new location for the CT factory
-Texas will be the new HQ location
-Tesla will pull out of the aging Fremont assembly plant (1962) within the next 5 years and say goodbye to Commiefornia forever. All Tesla vehicles will be built in TX
-SpaceX will relocate to Texas to be closer to their Boca Chica facility
First two predictions I can agree with especially the CT factory since we have at least some info to gauge the probability. I haven't seen anything yet in the news about the new HQ move except Elon's tweet.

Third prediction I'm not so sure. It could happen at some point but within 5 years? Tesla has spent a ton of money updating and expanding the Fremont plant. It would have to make economic sense to move out Fremont. But the fact that the borrowing rate will be low for at least a few more years may be one thing in Tesla considering such a move, a new factory would cost $1B or more.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
It sure seems like Tesla owners would sure rather travel to Austin to pick up their CT then Tulsa.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
It sure seems like Tesla owners would sure rather travel to Austin to pick up their CT then Tulsa.
Austin and THEN Tulsa? Why go to both places? I'd rather just pick my truck up at one place rather than have to pick it up in two places.

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Austin and THEN Tulsa? Why go to both places? I'd rather just pick my truck up at one place rather than have to pick it up in two places.
Pretty sure he meant "than" instead of "then". Forgive me if I'm missing possible sarcasm.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Pretty sure he meant "than" instead of "then". Forgive me if I'm missing possible sarcasm.
Oops, you're right I meant I'd rather vacation in Austin than Tulsa. BTW, anybody looked at a Supercharger map for Oklahoma, pretty sparse.