Will it get here Cybertruck get to Australia?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3316
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2

Deleted member 3316

Various media outlets today (04/08/2020) are pushing the idea that Cybertruck will ONLY be sold in the USA.

I call BS.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
If you take notice of, or worse, allow yourself to be provoked by every silly, nonsensical, stupid, or mean remark, or story out there, you will get exhausted pretty quickly.

International Orders total about 25% of all Cybertruck orders.
(And that was before China started ordering)
That is a very large number that will definitely be catered to.

Australia will definitely get a Cybertruck.
I'd suggest 2 Cybertruck versions, just as the USA will.

A smaller (I estimate ~208 inch long) and the 231.7 inch one.

But you will have to wait until 2023 if you're from Australia, for delivery.
The smaller one will definitely be revealed by then, if not much much earlier.
Well before people are invited to complete and solidify their reservation into a hard order.

The disclaimer on the order page for countries other than U.S., clearly recognises that specifications are not settled and Tesla have given themselves the scope to change the spec's.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 3316

If you take notice of, or worse, allow yourself to be provoked by every silly, nonsensical, stupid, or mean remark, or story out there, you will get exhausted pretty quickly.

Well before people are invited to complete and solidify their reservation into a hard order.

The disclaimer on the order page for countries other than U.S., clearly recognises that specifications are not settled and Tesla have given themselves the scope to change the spec's.
I just listen to the podcast

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2m...Q&context=spotify:show:0QZdMkyvDAqwTkc6Nis38O

starts at 13mins.

The quote in question is

“And I should say, we sort of made the decision to not make this a world truck. So it does not comply with a lot of specifications, like it doesn't comply with EU's specs and stuff. But that's okay, we can always build a slightly smaller truck that does comply with the EU's specs in the future. Maybe there is some slight chance of getting a pass. Maybe we can get, I don't know, some exceptions to EU rules depending on how it's classified."

I find it highly unlikely saying it’s not a “world truck” means that Tesla has no intentions to bring it to markets outside the USA.

One of the “journos” has been ferocious in defending his position, doubling down on Cybertruck will never make it to Australia.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
I just listen to the podcast

https://open.spotify.com/episode/2mOpoqnhdFaEIEbfEqUX6n?si=m4ukA5mcTea68l1gZ-cRgQ&context=spotify:show:0QZdMkyvDAqwTkc6Nis38O

starts at 13mins.

The quote in question is

“And I should say, we sort of made the decision to not make this a world truck. So it does not comply with a lot of specifications, like it doesn't comply with EU's specs and stuff. But that's okay, we can always build a slightly smaller truck that does comply with the EU's specs in the future. Maybe there is some slight chance of getting a pass. Maybe we can get, I don't know, some exceptions to EU rules depending on how it's classified."

I find it highly unlikely saying it’s not a “world truck” means that Tesla has no intentions to bring it to markets outside the USA.

One of the “journos” has been ferocious in defending his position, doubling down on Cybertruck will never make it to Australia.
Yes I heard Elon's remarks.

"Its not a world truck", he makes it clear (and I agree) the remark is in reference to its size.

The U.S. where those huge 232 inch plus trucks are very popular and used for mainstream transportation.
While recently some of those RAMs and Silverado's are starting to be sold here, they are a piddly volume compared to Hilux's, Navara's and Ford Ranger's etc.

Two important points he makes:
A/ He will still try to sell it O.S., with or without making amendments to gain regulatory approval, or regulatory exception.

B/ He will make a smaller one that will meet regulation.

So, I still see nothing yet, to rule out both versions of the Cybertruck offered in Australia,
much to my delight. :)

But the original large size Cybertruck may be substituted in some markets, with the smaller version, as opposed to being offered as two choices, which it will be in other markets. Which at this time I think Australia will be offered both, just as the U.S will.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Deleted member 3316

Lols this time horizon didn’t age well. I was so optimistic for a 2024 delivery… unlikely now until 26/27.

Miralf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saab 900 turbo convertible and Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
i hope there is only one cybertruck, "mid-size plus" like Rivian R1T which match for both north america AND Australia/Europe market.
Fingers cross !!

OP
OP

Deleted member 3316

i hope there is only one cybertruck, "mid-size plus" like Rivian R1T which match for both north america AND Australia/Europe market.
Fingers cross !!
Tardis expansion pack
Sponsored