James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Regional Account Director
Country flag
Blows my mind that at the dealerships we still can’t get close enough to the CT to get a better look. You would think that at the very least if you have a FS order in, they would let you check it out. Such BS. And the guy in the Charlotte Tesla was a complete tool. Wanted to punch his stupid face in.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Blows my mind that at the dealerships we still can’t get close enough to the CT to get a better look. You would think that at the very least if you have a FS order in, they would let you check it out. Such BS
First will never ever be able to sit in a Cybertruck at a Tesla Dealership. That's because Tesla does not have dealers.

The lines are often long and the hands want to touch the entire vehicle. Keeping one clean would be a nightmare.

These are also Foundation vehicles which highly suggest that they will be sent to customers.

But letting everyone sit in one would be a nightmare right now.

They didn't even have the Model 3 in the showroom for about a year after it started shipping. No need to show it off when you have a long backlog of customers begging for one.

alex454

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model Y
Occupation
Tech Executive
Country flag
Will the Cybertrucks in the showroom of the service center actually be delivered as foundation series to customers ? That’s a very interesting suggestion. The question is also when? I would assume those would go employees that work at the service center ?? Are these models at the show room the AWD version or the Cyberbeast version ?

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Country flag
First will never ever be able to sit in a Cybertruck at a Tesla Dealership. That's because Tesla does not have dealers.

The lines are often long and the hands want to touch the entire vehicle. Keeping one clean would be a nightmare.

These are also Foundation vehicles which highly suggest that they will be sent to customers.

But letting everyone sit in one would be a nightmare right now.

They didn't even have the Model 3 in the showroom for about a year after it started shipping. No need to show it off when you have a long backlog of customers begging for one.
It wasn’t a FS CT. That said, it sounds like this is what Tesla does… first Tesla for me so I didn’t know… that said, it’s a shitty way to do business, IMO.

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Country flag
Will the Cybertrucks in the showroom of the service center actually be delivered as foundation series to customers ? That’s a very interesting suggestion. The question is also when? I would assume those would go employees that work at the service center ?? Are these models at the show room the AWD version or the Cyberbeast version ?
It wasn’t a FS CT

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Blows my mind that at the dealerships we still can’t get close enough to the CT to get a better look. You would think that at the very least if you have a FS order in, they would let you check it out. Such BS. And the guy in the Charlotte Tesla was a complete tool. Wanted to punch his stupid face in.
Well he probably wouldn’t let you sit in the truck because you use terms like “Wanted to punch his stupid face in.” And he therefore assumed you were only 10 years old and had no drivers license so there’d be no point.

Seriously though I can’t imaging how annoying it would be to be a Tesla rep at a showroom room right that had a CT there and have to deal with immature and entitled people all day that whine and pout when they don’t get their way.

Poor buggers.

OP
OP
Dazajj

Dazajj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus RX350
Occupation
Country flag
Well he probably wouldn’t let you sit in the truck because you use terms like “Wanted to punch his stupid face in.” And he therefore assumed you were only 10 years old and had no drivers license so there’d be no point.

Seriously though I can’t imaging how annoying it would be to be a Tesla rep at a showroom room right that had a CT there and have to deal with immature and entitled people all day that whine and pout when they don’t get their way.

Poor buggers.
I was actually very polite and professional when speaking with him. Tried to talk my way into getting some info… my venting is to you guys, not the person whom I’m trying to get help from.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
It wasn’t a FS CT. That said, it sounds like this is what Tesla does… first Tesla for me so I didn’t know… that said, it’s a shitty way to do business, IMO.
No, it's not a shitty way, it's the way that you have to do it when you have a few million orders.

If it wasn't a Foundation, then it was a pre-release. Those weren't' quite production quality.

But if you are a store, you only have ONE vehicle and there are 10 other stores that ae begging for it. You aren't going to allow that truck to get damaged. You aren't going to allow someone with a knife in their pocket accidentally slice the seat. You aren't going to want someone sitting in the seat and playing with the computer for 30 minutes.

Nope, it's not the classic way that you buy a car. That's Tesla, not a classic car (or now truck)

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Tesla generally keeps vehicles in the stores for a little bit and then sells them at a slightly lower price as a demo.

Reactions: REM

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
You can't sit in it because the poor SOB that works there was told by his boss not to let anyone touch it. He said that because that's what his boss told him. And so on up to whoever coordinated the display. And they don't know even as much as most people here. Most of the stores only know 4 things about the CT, and 2 of them are wrong. Patience....

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
You can't sit in it because the poor SOB that works there was told by his boss not to let anyone touch it. He said that because that's what his boss told him. And so on up to whoever coordinated the display. And they don't know even as much as most people here. Most of the stores only know 4 things about the CT, and 2 of them are wrong. Patience....
And, those poor SOBs aren't allowed to either. I'm guessing, but I suspect that the vehicles are actually locked so local associated can't get in them. It seems as if someone brings it in on a flatbed, offloads it and will come back and pick it up. They are being moved around.

MyKidCouldDrawThat

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No Tesla Yet
Country flag
It's reasonable to demand to touch / sit / test drive the vehicle that they expect you to stand in line for years to get and spend over $100,000 on. Doesn't matter if they haven't built a lot. They shouldn't have announced again before having two (one display, one rentable for 15min) at every showroom. If you believe anything else you are wrong.

Last edited:

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
It's reasonable to demand to touch / sit / test drive the vehicle that they expect you to stand in line for years to get and spend over $100,000 on. Doesn't matter if they haven't built a lot. They shouldn't have announced again before having two (one display, one rentable for 15min) at every showroom. If you believe anything else you are wrong.
One rentable? Clarification?

They didn't expect you to stand in lines for years. You'll probable get a chance to sit in one soon, but just not now.

This will be the 3rd Tesla that I've bought without sitting in it. I at least got to see this one before I ordered. The other two were ordered unseen, except for online.

And there are a lot of folks like me.

There are Model S, X, 3, and Ys that Tesla will be happy for you to sit in, even drive.

It's a Tesla early release product, reality is going to be different from any other car you've experienced, Might not be great, but it will be different.
Sponsored